10-05-09 07:31 AM
31 12
tools
    **Images are somewhat off from the finished themes... Images will be changed later on in the day; Changelog at the bottom of this post**
    I'm just fooling around, making a few themes (With some influence from a friend or two, haha >.<) I (we) wouldn't mind having, so I thought I'd put 'em up see if anyone else wants them...

Still can't get the new_overlay to work when you place a message linking button on the homescreen (since the homescreen buttons are resized, but the new_overlay and the buttons aren't) however, it's a small thing... I hope haha. Also, the buttons on the left in both versions are y device listing, so you can customize what is there... The right side is not, those stay there.

Anyway, the first image is just the theme without the hidden dock, you also have a few options on the right.

These two are for the second version, one where the button dock moves to the left and disappears when nothing is focused. (Just pretty much messing around, trying to get a better understanding of the program and such, haha.)

With Dock Hidden

With Dock Shown

I've got them setup to be OTA, if ya want the theme I'm gonna add it as a zip, since I probably won't be able to fix the problem with the new_overlay... but, I'll try haha.

- Lockscreen and Homescreen background the same.
    - Can't figure out how to make the phonescreen and homescreen the same, changed to generic precision ones until I can find a way to make it user specified.
    - the hidden docks one is fixed, should now hide...
    - As well as having the added button like the non-hidden one and same text
    - Enlarged box for the Time, should no longer get cut off
    - Changed the Hidden Buttons and Box to go DOWN instead of LEFT. Going left caused some glitches where black vertical 'streaks' would be seen, hopefully going down fixes this issue. If people see them going down, but never saw them going left, I will change it back.
    - Also moved the Alarm symbol to the top banner bar

Okay, that should be it. Thinking of actually letting this thread die, and making a new thread with this theme, and two others I made / working on that I did not upload for others to use.... They follow similar look, just different layouts. I'm still experimenting and getting the gist of it all, so sorry if they look somewhat bland :-/. The more I learn, the better they will look, until I start making ones with custom icons!
    Theme without Hidden Buttons - Click Here

Theme with Hidden Buttons - Click Here
    Last edited by Bones_6; 02-05-09 at 11:33 AM.
    02-03-09 11:33 AM
    If anyone downloaded them, please know that I reuploaded them and fixed the lockscreen problem... If your not gonna keep it, don't worry not a big fix, haha >.<
    02-03-09 12:02 PM
    I'm going to give this one a try ... I like the concept a lot. I'll let you know what I think later today.
    02-03-09 02:22 PM
    yay a post, lol. thanks
    02-03-09 05:58 PM
    No problem. So I downloaded the non-hidden dock version. I like it quite a bit.

Just a couple things:
    -If you made it so that the user selected wallpaper is also the lock screen, I would be super happy.
    -If you put the Profiles icon over in the right hand side four icon dock instead of the camera, the theme would be approaching perfection.

I'm just curious if there's a way to add one more layer of icons in the left hand dock? I can manage with the eight icons plus the four on the right hand side if you put the profiles in there.

It's a really creative theme and I like it quite a bit.
    02-03-09 06:56 PM
    The wallpaper for the lock screen and homescreen I just finished, but with the profiles... I was reluctant to put them into the four right dock because I don't know how to make it so that when you change the profile, it changes the image. Gonna update it with the ability to change the wallpaper and with the profile in the right dock...

So, if I put the profile there, and you went from loud to quite, it won't change.
    I can also add two more buttons to the left dock, and maybe another row of four on the right side without it looking to bad, would that be fine? I'm trying to get help with the profile thing haha.
    Last edited by Bones_6; 02-03-09 at 08:10 PM.
    02-03-09 08:05 PM
    If you add more to the left dock then I don't need the profiles icon in the right dock.

I can compromise!
    02-03-09 08:25 PM
    Haha, I added it to the right, let me know how it treats you, i'll edit it to make a third edition with 10 buttons on the left.
    Last edited by Bones_6; 02-03-09 at 10:14 PM.
    02-03-09 09:58 PM
    I'll give it a whirl and let you know.
    02-03-09 11:16 PM
    great theme..downloaded them both and like them a lot. thanks
    02-04-09 08:51 AM
    hey i have a request if it is possible. when i call someone or someone calls me it shows your default picture can you change that so when someone or i call someone it will show my background picture?

let me know man. thank you
    02-04-09 09:17 AM
    A nice look, especially if you want to have a number of icons available and still use a nice picture wallpaper. A few observations regarding version 2:

1. I can't get the dock to disappear. Isn't it supposed to hide if nothing is focused?
    2. The time is cut off. 10:13 AM shows with the "M" half way cut off. The date bleeds slightly out of the box into the wallpaper on the left.
    3. I like the font on #1 better, seems a bit more professional, but the size for the date is very, very small.

Nice job. Thanks.
    02-04-09 10:18 AM
    A nice look, especially if you want to have a number of icons available and still use a nice picture wallpaper. A few observations regarding version 2:

1. I can't get the dock to disappear. Isn't it supposed to hide if nothing is focused?
    2. The time is cut off. 10:13 AM shows with the "M" half way cut off. The date bleeds slightly out of the box into the wallpaper on the left.
    3. I like the font on #1 better, seems a bit more professional, but the size for the date is very, very small.

Nice job. Thanks.

i agree with everything you say. my dock does not disappear either and my clock is the same way.
    02-04-09 10:58 AM
    I think I forgot to edit the svg after updating, haha.
    About the text, that was just testing different fonts never editting at 400am haha
    Ill fix it later when I get home from classes..
    HYPHYRR ill try to make the phone wall change, as well and about the date, as I increased the size of the text it bled out of the box, I wasn't able to get it from cutting off as I increased the size :-/ ill keep playing with it!

Thanks for the input and sorry about the bad edit jobs haha ill fix it the minute I get home!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 11:51 AM
    I'm actually quite happy with the changes made to the non-hidden dock version.

Thanks!

02-04-09 01:47 PM
    I'm actually quite happy with the changes made to the non-hidden dock version.

Thanks!

Looks, though, like the date on that image is severly truncated.
    02-04-09 02:21 PM
    True. I guess I don't look at my BB for the date. LOL.

That may need to be fixed, bones.
    02-04-09 04:42 PM
    looks like a very nice theme
    02-04-09 04:54 PM
    I think I forgot to edit the svg after updating, haha.
    About the text, that was just testing different fonts never editting at 400am haha
    Ill fix it later when I get home from classes..
    HYPHYRR ill try to make the phone wall change, as well and about the date, as I increased the size of the text it bled out of the box, I wasn't able to get it from cutting off as I increased the size :-/ ill keep playing with it!

Thanks for the input and sorry about the bad edit jobs haha ill fix it the minute I get home!

thanks a lot man...
    02-04-09 05:17 PM
    looking forward to seeing how this turns out!
    02-04-09 05:23 PM
    Gonna finish it up and upload it tomorrow!
    Gotta still do the phone calling background is set by homescreen wallpaper.

Thanks for the info everyone! Glad you guys like it.
    After tomorrow afternoon, expect both themes to look identical, except for one hiding. The date, I have to leave it small :-/ tried to look for fonts online and saw nothing I liked haha.

02-05-09 04:23 AM
    **NOW UP, GO DOWNLOAD**
    Okay, here is the changelog, uploaded them already! Gonna upload new images later; Also, if anyone sees any cool fonts online, that they think would look good for this theme (One that would let the date be alittle bigger.) let me know.
    Here ya go, uploaded, gonna edit the first post... OTA link in first post:

- Lockscreen and Homescreen background the same.
    - Can't figure out how to make the phonescreen and homescreen the same, changed to generic precision ones until I can find a way to make it user specified.
    - the hidden docks one is fixed, should now hide...
    - As well as having the added button like the non-hidden one and same text
    - Enlarged box for the Time, should no longer get cut off
    - Changed the Hidden Buttons and Box to go DOWN instead of LEFT. Going left caused some glitches where black vertical 'streaks' would be seen, hopefully going down fixes this issue. If people see them going down, but never saw them going left, I will change it back.
    - Also moved the Alarm symbol to the top banner bar

Okay, that should be it. Thinking of actually letting this thread die, and making a new thread with this theme, and two others I made / working on that I did not upload for others to use.... They follow similar look, just different layouts. I'm still experimenting and getting the gist of it all, so sorry if they look somewhat bland :-/. The more I learn, the better they will look, until I start making ones with custom icons! As a addon to this theme, however, I'm thinking of adding a today screen that would only work when you went over your calender or messages? It would display what new messages you have, but nothing if you have no new ones... And your calender stuff, I did this is a theme I made after this one (One i'm using now on my Bold, which is going to be replaced with the new one i'm working on haha... and this one, dLK replaced a bLK that I made, with two side docks that were hidden haha Oh and the A and C ones, are for the Curve for another friend incase your wondering why I skipped letters...) Yea, so... wait... yea, I forgot, today screen addon to the non hidden one, to both or to neither? Let me know haha, let me bold that so it doesn't get lost.

Keep the feedback coming, and let me know if I should do that super thread thing!
    Last edited by Bones_6; 02-05-09 at 11:41 AM.
    02-05-09 11:21 AM
    it looks really good!
    02-05-09 11:55 AM
    Thanks man! Hope everyone who downloaded it likes it haha

02-05-09 12:04 PM
    It looks good. The only minor oddity I've noted so far is that there are 9 icon buttons, 5 on the top row and 4 on the bottom, and the last one on the top row is actually the 9th on on the icon screen. It's a bit quirky to arrange. My suggestion is to make the first 9 icons on the icon screen be the arranged to that the first 5 form the top row and the next 4 form the bottom row. I'll keep testing.

This is a great theme to use when you want to feature a picture as a wallpaper. Thanks!
    02-05-09 12:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD