Hello all. I am a total newbie to BlackBerry, and have just been trying to figure things out.

So i seen on a thread here someone had a nice theme, so i wanted to get it. I downloaded it, and put it on the phone with the device manager that came on the disc with the phone.

Everything went good untill i unplugged the phone from the computer. After that i started getting a whole bunch of error messages on my phone screen. I do not remember what they said exactly, but i just kept pressing ok until i got through them all.

Now ever since then my email folders i had set up for 2 accounts are gone, plus the little speaker icon in the top right hand corner for changing your ring from loud to soft to vibrate..etc..etc.. is also gone.

Also when i go into my media folder and click on ringtones, none of the ringtones show up at all, even the one i downloaded is gone from the "My Ring Tones" But when i used my other number to phone my blackberry the ringtone i had downloaded was still active. Plus when i go into the media folder a little white bar on the bottom of the screen says scanning. And it has been on for probably 10 minutes or more.

Now i just picked up this blackberry yesterday, and the only things i have put on it are 2 themes and 1 ringtone. Nothing else. I do not have a micro sd card as of yet either.

So can anyone possibly help me out with all of this? I would greatly appreciate and answers or explanations i can get.

Thank you.
    Tim
    12-08-08 04:38 PM
    Try pulling the battery with the unit on, waiting 30 seconds, then replacing and restarting (forever more known as a battery pull).

If that doesn't work, I would rethink that theme.
    12-08-08 04:40 PM
    As of now i am deleting both themes off my phone. Hopefully this will help.

I will update once i am done.
    12-08-08 04:46 PM
    Well.....

I just deleted both themes, and the phone is now back to normal. All the ring tones are back, all the sample pics are now back. No more scanning in the media folder.

Just weird. Has anyone else had this problem when putting themes into your phone?

I am going to try 1 of the themes one more time, to see if i maybe i did something wrong. If it does the same thing again, i will post which 2 themes they were that did it.
    12-08-08 04:52 PM
    Some people do have issues. Just do a battery pull after install.
    12-08-08 04:54 PM
    Well, i put 1 of the themes back on my phone and everything is working the way it should now. I did not get any error messages or anything this time, and all of my ringtones and pictures are still there.

I also think i know what went wrong the first time. I think i unplugged the phone from the computer without ejecting the usb storage device first. I ejected it this second time and everything went smooth.

Also thank you bt224 for your suggestion, but i did not have to do it.

Thanks
    Tim
    12-08-08 05:11 PM
    A lot of theme makers recommend doing the reboot after your install to keep from having problems. I do it most every time I get a new theme just to be safe and never have had theme install issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD