No hype or big sales pitch here.

(click to view full sized screen shots)

So here's the deal. I'm fairly new to making themes, so I'm very open to tips and rational suggestions (and irrational ones if enough people agree) to add to the theme from anyone who has purchased theme, or plans to. I've priced the theme, in my opinion, reasonably. I'm not out to gouge people or get rich creating themes. That being said, all updates are free of course.

So, here's your chance to get what you want. So, whaddya say?

Here's the background for anyone interested -

09-16-09 08:48 PM
    I like how iys running on my bold. The weather still needs to be fixed but other then that I am happy with it. Ill pm you what I'm talking about with the weather slot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 07:46 AM
    Nice work on the icons, defintely gives the stock icons a nice twist. definitely worth the 3$
    09-17-09 01:51 PM
    Yeah, I agree on the icons. I get tired of the plain stock ones that aren't modified. Looks great! Thank you for sharing.
    09-17-09 11:38 PM
    I like how iys running on my bold. The weather still needs to be fixed but other then that I am happy with it. Ill pm you what I'm talking about with the weather slot.
    Please shoot me a PM and let me know what's going on.

Nice work on the icons, defintely gives the stock icons a nice twist. definitely worth the 3$
    Yeah, I agree on the icons. I get tired of the plain stock ones that aren't modified. Looks great! Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks guys.

If anyone else has any comments, they'd be greatly appreciated .
    09-18-09 12:03 AM
    Just purchased this in the app store. It looks great and is running very smoothly. Great work!
    09-19-09 06:21 AM
    This is a very cool theme. Going to purchase it now. Love the dark themes.
    09-19-09 09:42 PM
    Great work on this theme but any chance of a Quicklaunch button on the home screen?
    09-20-09 03:38 PM
    Great work on this theme but any chance of a Quicklaunch button on the home screen?
    Yeah, that would be cool.
    09-20-09 08:04 PM
    Excellent job on this. I can tell you really put a lot of effort into the details, even for a "minimalist" theme. I can really appreciate having a theme that isn't all flashy, exactly like yours.

Keep it up!
    09-21-09 02:16 AM
    Doesn't seem like it would be a problem. Let me ask you guys this. If you had a QL icon, would it be ok for it to take the place of the hidden today, or do you want/need both?
    09-21-09 02:19 AM
    Thanks again to everyone for all the positive feedback.
    09-21-09 02:46 AM
    Nice, nice job! I finally bought it tonight and am loving it! As far as the QuickLaunch goes, it'd be really nice to have, but I personally don't care about the hidden today. I know that a lot of people love it, but I just don't like the thought of others being able to see my email previews, etc., when I'm checking my phone out in public. lol
    09-22-09 03:26 AM
    Nice, nice job! I finally bought it tonight and am loving it! As far as the QuickLaunch goes, it'd be really nice to have, but I personally don't care about the hidden today. I know that a lot of people love it, but I just don't like the thought of others being able to see my email previews, etc., when I'm checking my phone out in public. lol
    Yeah, personally I find the hidden today to be 'meh' at best. I've found a way around having to remove it though and still have QuickLaunch. It's too bad there's no way to enable/disable the hidden today stuff via the OS instead of it being a per theme basis (similar to SMS/email boxes being segregated or together). I'm finishing off the QuickLaunch stuff and I'll give it the run-through tomorrow and hopefully have it up tomorrow night (depending on how much screaming and cursing I have to do to the MobiReach site to make the upgrade work smoothly).
    09-22-09 03:34 AM
    Yeah, personally I find the hidden today to be 'meh' at best. I've found a way around having to remove it though and still have QuickLaunch. It's too bad there's no way to enable/disable the hidden today stuff via the OS instead of it being a per theme basis (similar to SMS/email boxes being segregated or together). I'm finishing off the QuickLaunch stuff and I'll give it the run-through tomorrow and hopefully have it up tomorrow night (depending on how much screaming and cursing I have to do to the MobiReach site to make the upgrade work smoothly).
    That's awesome! Can't wait for the update, though I love the theme as it is now regardless of having QuickLaunch or not. That would be SOO nice if the hidden today area could be disabled that easily. The majority of people like it for whatever reason, but the few who don't are stuck. Oh well, I'll survive.

This is off topic, but I have to say thank you once more - not only for a great theme, but for being one of the few theme developers that I've seen who is so responsive to the customer's ideas. I just bought a theme recently that doesn't work properly, is basically useless, and still haven't heard back from the developer yet. The forums need more people like you who try to help everyone to the best of their ability, etc.
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 09-22-09 at 04:09 AM.
    09-22-09 04:06 AM
    Thanks for the kind words. I too have purchased themes/apps from douchebags that can't seem to respond to an email, so I try to do my part.
    09-22-09 04:10 AM
    Thanks for the kind words. I too have purchased themes/apps from douchebags that can't seem to respond to an email, so I try to do my part.
    lol Glad someone understands.
    09-22-09 04:24 AM
    Thank you.

I was hoping to push out a new version today, but I'm waiting on a response from MobiReach. Hopefully I'll hear something in the next day or so.
    09-23-09 08:47 PM
    Giggity giggity goo, it's upgrade time!

I've updated the OTA file for the newer version and I've also included a desktop download file that contains all 3 versions of the theme. To have all versions to put on your phone you'll need both. To install the desktop version you'll need Desktop Manager.

Glossy Black 1.1 Changelog

Glitches/Problems -

- The lock screen is now unlocked (now that's Meta!) so your main background will display on your Lock Screen.
    - The backgrounds on the menus have all been darkened for better readability and a 19.4% increase in sexyness
    - Navigation on the home screen has been tweaked for better usability
    - The Weather icon now has a focus when you roll over it

New Features -

- The banner now has 2 hidden icons
    - When you scroll to your Time you can launch the Clock app
    - When you scroll to your signal you can launch the Manage Connections app

New Versions -

- GlossyBlack without Today
    - It's the original without any Today area
    - GlossyBlack with Quicklaunch
    - The BB icon in the middle of the screen is now a real icon that will activate Quicklaunch if installed

I've included a diagram with each version to show what the navigation does
    09-25-09 01:47 PM
    Giggity giggity goo, it's upgrade time!

I've updated the OTA file for the newer version and I've also included a desktop download file that contains all 3 versions of the theme. To have all versions to put on your phone you'll need both. To install the desktop version you'll need Desktop Manager.

Glossy Black 1.1 Changelog

Glitches/Problems -

- The lock screen is now unlocked (now that's Meta!) so your main background will display on your Lock Screen.
    - The backgrounds on the menus have all been darkened for better readability and a 19.4% increase in sexyness
    - Navigation on the home screen has been tweaked for better usability
    - The Weather icon now has a focus when you roll over it

New Features -

- The banner now has 2 hidden icons
    - When you scroll to your Time you can launch the Clock app
    - When you scroll to your signal you can launch the Manage Connections app

New Versions -

- GlossyBlack without Today
    - It's the original without any Today area
    - GlossyBlack with Quicklaunch
    - The BB icon in the middle of the screen is now a real icon that will activate Quicklaunch if installed

I've included a diagram with each version to show what the navigation does
    Got the e-mail from the App Store and installed the updated version. Thanks for the updates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 01:53 PM
    I've heard some mixed reviews about the update process. Is anyone having any problems?
    09-25-09 11:19 PM
    I've heard some mixed reviews about the update process. Is anyone having any problems?
    Appreciate the update but my only issue is Quicklaunch. Maybe put it in the top banner or bottom banner but it will not come up as you described and would changing wallpapers affect this?
    09-25-09 11:49 PM
    The way it's designed, the Quicklaunch version actually has the BB logo as the launch button for Quicklaunch. When you roll over it, it will light up. While it's lit up, you can click to launch.
    09-25-09 11:51 PM
    The way it's designed, the Quicklaunch version actually has the BB logo as the launch button for Quicklaunch. When you roll over it, it will light up. While it's lit up, you can click to launch.
    Do you mean the BB logo on the wallpaper? Is so it does not allow me to navigate there......
    09-25-09 11:55 PM
    Try this -

Download and extract "GlossyBlack 1.1 For Bold 9000.zip"
    Open the folder "GlossyBlack 1.1 For Bold 9000"
    Open "Bold 9000"
    Here you have a folder with all three versions
    Open "Glossy Black with QuickLauch"
    Inside you have the file you need to load into Desktop Manager to have the Quicklaunch version.
    09-26-09 01:50 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD