02-20-10 06:21 PM
50 12
tools
    Here is an updated version of the popular Glaskart Hidden Dock Today theme, made specifically for the 5.0 Operating System...

OTA link below for OS 5.0:

Glaskart Hidden Dock Today 5.0 OTA

If you like this theme and would like to make a donation, click on the link below:
    PayPal Donations

For OS 4.6: see link below:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/gl...y-plus-225392/
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 12-30-09 at 02:18 PM.
    12-30-09 02:14 PM

Just to point out from these pictures since you already have them posted.

A few minor potential cosmetic tweaks are:

1) The font sizes/types (?) found in the first picture (the time), it's obviously bigger than the other fonts in the menubar.

2) Again, the font sizes/types (?) in the menubar of the menu screen (top), again the time and carrier is bigger than normal.

3) A bug I found from my daily 'routine', when setting up the sound profile from the home screen (with the dock hidden), when I set it to vibrate, the icon is still blue (silent) but when the dock is enabled, it is back to normal, so it probably has to do with a setting with the dock hidden for the sound profiles.

Cheers, happy new year!
    12-31-09 12:39 PM
    The theme looks great. Thx for sharing.

I think it may still need a bit of testing for 5.0 OS.

I don't still have it on my device but I recall there being a slight overlap in the bottom left corner with the time? and carrier. There were also some icon issues where the odd "standard" icon wasn't themed. I recall one of the folders, in particular, which showed in the bold icon set. There may have been another thing that could use tidying up. It's clear that the theme will be a real winner but it's not quite ready for prime time.
    12-31-09 02:46 PM
    Very sharp looking theme.
    12-31-09 03:25 PM
    I love the theme, but like someone else said, the time is smashed up against the carrier on the bottom bar. Otherwise, looks great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 07:13 PM
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.. I'll look into the font issue, and the profiles issue.

as for some of the icons not being custom, if you could let me know specifically what they are, I can plug a custom icon in place of the default icon - just need to know what it is.
    12-31-09 11:16 PM
    Ok..I changed the font size of the Time on both the Home screen and the Apps screen. Added six new icons for Voice notes, videos, Reminder, Pictures, Files, and Application Center (btw, did you all know there are 70 icons in this theme!). I also moved the carrier over a bit so hopefully it won't overlap the time.

Lemme know if you all see any other issues...
    01-01-10 12:33 AM
    All problems fixed. As discussed previously all that's left are popular 3rd party icons but those are hard to produce as you obviously do not know what applications other users use and such. Either way, can't ask for too much! Hope you had an amazing start to the year. I will provide feedback as needed if necessary!

01-01-10 02:00 AM
    Ok..I changed the font size of the Time on both the Home screen and the Apps screen. Added six new icons for Voice notes, videos, Reminder, Pictures, Files, and Application Center (btw, did you all know there are 70 icons in this theme!). I also moved the carrier over a bit so hopefully it won't overlap the time.

Lemme know if you all see any other issues...
    Pretty cool, I really appreciate the effort that you put into this bad boy. One thing that I did notice was that the web icons on the goto page of the browser were truncated.

01-01-10 08:14 AM
    Very nice theme. Clean look. That's what I like.

But German Chars doesn't work in Today Calendar and the font size of the calendar entries could be smaller. As small as the carrier ..

Kind regards
    Sebastian
    01-01-10 11:25 AM
    ... and the day titles in messages are too big.

Tested with OS5.0
    01-01-10 11:28 AM
    if at all possible, can you post a screen shot of the 'day titles in messages' are too big? I'm not sure what you mean.

I will also see if I can export again and include international characters...

I will look into the web browser icons truncation issue..
    01-01-10 02:07 PM
    Pretty cool, I really appreciate the effort that you put into this bad boy. One thing that I did notice was that the web icons on the goto page of the browser were truncated.

let me know which ones you need. That IconMaker program that i told you doesnt work on the Bold.. well I emailed the app maker and they replied that it will work with OS5.0. so I may be able to get you specific third party icons and if you use that program, perhaps you can add them yourself...
    01-01-10 02:10 PM
    Update 1/1/10:

fixed the Web icon truncation issue
    added international characters
    changed the font size a bit for the App and home screen items.
    reduced the font size one point for the Today items

I think that's about it..

Hope you all like the changes and the fonts.. and remember...

if you like this theme, please consider making a donation. every little bit helps!

Happy New Year
    01-01-10 02:21 PM
    Update 1/1/10:

added international characters
    changed the font size a bit for the App and home screen items.
    reduced the font size one point for the Today items
    Hello,

international characters works.
    Font size in todays titles are still too big. Screenshot later ...

Sebastian
    01-02-10 03:57 AM
    I don't have enough posts to submit screenshots. Later ...
    01-02-10 10:38 AM
    I don't have enough posts to submit screenshots. Later ...
    download it again and see if you have the same issues... I may have addressed them with the latest edits.
    01-02-10 03:30 PM
    Hello,

international characters works.
    Font size in todays titles are still too big. Screenshot later ...

Sebastian
    when you say "still too big" what are you referring to? as in too big for your particular liking or is there some technical glitch that makes the text not fit???
    01-02-10 03:31 PM
    ^ He's probably referring to the font type on the today screen, the network and carrier fonts do not match (or my eyes are just playing tricks on me).
    01-02-10 11:09 PM
    I have installed the latest version. But the font is still too big.

Open your Mailinglist. The mails are sorted by day. And these days are written too big.

01-03-10 01:51 AM
    ^ He's probably referring to the font type on the today screen, the network and carrier fonts do not match (or my eyes are just playing tricks on me).
    Thats NOT what I mean.
    01-03-10 05:11 AM
    Okay, here a screenshot of what titles I mean.

Sebastian
    01-03-10 05:40 AM
    ah..ok.. I'll have a look at those and see if I can change them smaller a bit.
    01-03-10 03:58 PM
    so the actual messages text is fine, it's just the message title that is too large..??

if so, that's a simple fix.
    01-03-10 04:10 PM
    I made some edits.. the Menu title text has been reduced some, so hopefully that fixes Sebastian's problems.

The text on the home screen is actually the same (arial) but the font size differs (either 20 point or 19 point)..

download again using the same OTA link and let me know if this has corrected the problems.

I'm working to get this right for you all! "=)
    01-03-10 04:17 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD