So i�m getting a grip on the composer as well and have finally come up with a result that i�m quite happy about.

It has a weather slot integrated in the banner and 7 icons in the dock. Below the dock there is 3 buttons for Clock, QuickLaunch and Media and in additon to that it has hidden today areas with darkened underlays when you scroll of the screen (Calendar to right and messages to the left). This makes it usable with virtually any wallpaper.

There are no docks or animations which keeps it snappy without any lag.

Home screen

Calendar view (Scroll to the right of the screen)

Messages are located to left and there is a version both for Combined and for Separated mailboxes

Hope You like

Precision7 v2 Combined OTA LINK

Precision7 v2 Seperate Mail & SMS boxes OTA LINK and OTA for the original 3 button and "hidden" today buttons
    For this version please manually set Your SMS&Mailboxes to "Separate"

For now I kept the names of the two versions the same to allow switching between them without having to re-arrange icons all over again.

I have to send credit for inspiration to Ecruz for his Hero theme and TDM for his Simpleberry, the functionallity intended was a mix of those two themes.

After installation please scroll through the bottom section, all the way left and right to properly hide the today underlays.

-----------------------------
    UPDATE V 2.2
    -----------------------------
    Here is the first version of the 2.2 update. It is the SMS and Weather version, meaning that Mail and SMS is separated and carrier info is left out to make room for fixed weather. Versions for combined and carrier info will come later.

Banner is updated and hotspots for clock and connections are added. The bottom buttons and the secret off screen areas is replaced with buttons, to better follow "where You are". Also the today underlays are hidden from the start so You do not have to scroll through the whole theme to make it look right.

SMS-Weather OTA LINK

SMS-Carrier OTA LINK

Combined-Weather OTA LINK

Combined-Carrier OTA LINK

Give it a spin..

BR Mio
    Last edited by mio_BB; 10-16-09 at 03:41 PM.
    10-01-09 08:38 AM
    pretty sweet looking. I'm going to download it and play with it for a bit.
    10-01-09 09:19 AM
    love the layout alot - i've put another app in the weather slot (since i don't use weather) - that area is kinda hard to navigate to. i can only get there but scrolling up from the 5th, 6th, or 7th icon. would be nice to be able to scroll up from the first 4, too.
    10-01-09 10:22 AM
    love the layout alot - i've put another app in the weather slot (since i don't use weather) - that area is kinda hard to navigate to. i can only get there but scrolling up from the 5th, 6th, or 7th icon. would be nice to be able to scroll up from the first 4, too.
    Thanks. It was like that because I used the first three as hidden today access in the old version.

But since I now have that "out of the way" I have added "up" navigation on icons 1-3 in the dock. Still not from the middle one as it would be too flimsy and You would often end up in the top when going up from below.

Re-download and reboot to get the update.

BR Mio
    10-01-09 04:01 PM
    I like it! I like the three small icons along the bottom. nice simple integration of these features.
    10-01-09 05:09 PM
    Keeps getting better and better - the only complaint I have is I have to keep downloading your updates

Seriously - nice work and much appreciated
    10-01-09 09:13 PM
    Nice theme. I am having a problem, though. The blacked out today rectangle that is supposed to come up behind email and the calendar is not working correctly for me. I did a battery pull and it was stuck there no matter which home screen icon I rolled over. I then went to my main icon screen and back to the home screen and then it was gone. I then rolled over my calendar and it was gone as well.
    10-02-09 07:01 AM
    Hi, I think I know why. Please make sure You have set Your mailboxes to separate if You use the separate version. The theme is based on a "combined" template so if You have theme controlled it will not have access to the SMS+MMS application and the underlay for Messages only disappears when SMD is selected. (Hope it makes sense)

Go to Messages-(Menu)Options-General Options-SMS and mailboxes=Separate

Let me know if it was the combined version you had this problem with. I hope not

BR Mario

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mio_BB; 10-02-09 at 09:28 AM.
    10-02-09 09:22 AM
    I installed the combined version and my Blackberry have them set to combined. I don't text so I have always set it that way. I am uninstalling and trying it again. I will let you know if that works.

The weird thing is that if I scroll down to the bottom on "clock" and then scroll left from there I get the blacked out rectangle for messages.

Edit: I uninstalled, booted, reinstalled, booted again and I still have the same problem.
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 10-02-09 at 09:54 AM.
    10-02-09 09:36 AM
    Here is what it looks like if I scroll left while on the Clock area. You can see that the messages icon is not even highlighted.

Here is what it looks like when I highlight the Calendar icon
    10-02-09 10:03 AM
    Looks good! Thanks for your efforts. Just downloaded and installed. Only suggestion that I have would be to allow for more text to be displayed under the weather icon (its truncated as it is now) and even to have the weather text permanently displayed so temp and conditions could quickly be viewed easily at any time. I believe the real estate to do so is there.

Either way though, great job! Thanks again.

10-02-09 10:48 AM
    OK, I see Your "Problem". Actually it is designed to do like that. Messages and calendar should not be on the 7 icon dock. They are "secret" buttons hidden, messages to the left of "clock" and calendar to right of "medias". Sorry if I had not made it clearer.

The setup is so that you will always reach messages if you scrol way left and calendar if You scroll way right.

Sorry for the confusion.

I just switched tot the combined and it seems to work as intended.

Br Mio

10-02-09 11:16 AM
    @EOS I can make special WB version(text always on). Do you want for combined or separate?

10-02-09 11:18 AM
    Oh, I see now. I am just so used to other themes I did not even realize it.
    10-02-09 12:09 PM
    @EOS I can make special WB version(text always on). Do you want for combined or separate?

Thanks mio! That would be awesome!

I use the separate version.

Much appreciated.

10-02-09 05:01 PM
    Weather Bug Special version OTA

Though there seems to be lots of space in this area, these weather texts can become quite long (Right now my berryweather says "Towering Cumulus Clouds Observed") and I have to put the text to the left or right of the icon to avoid cutting..... So I had to remove Carrier info, but you still have that on the app screen.

This is a "special" version but I�ll try to see if I can incorporate it into my future re-design of the banner so I have one version which works for all. Or at least that I should just swap weather text for carrier info in the two different versions.

BR Mio
    10-02-09 05:56 PM
    Really nice theme! Have you considered icons other than the BB stock ones?
    10-02-09 06:37 PM
    In future themes i'll try out some android icons, but not for this one. I'm just getting started and the precision theme needs a few more updates before I start up other projects. Sorry.

Br. Mio

10-02-09 07:01 PM
    Really like this one!

10-03-09 10:13 AM
    Weather Bug Special version OTA

Though there seems to be lots of space in this area, these weather texts can become quite long (Right now my berryweather says "Towering Cumulus Clouds Observed") and I have to put the text to the left or right of the icon to avoid cutting..... So I had to remove Carrier info, but you still have that on the app screen.

This is a "special" version but I�ll try to see if I can incorporate it into my future re-design of the banner so I have one version which works for all. Or at least that I should just swap weather text for carrier info in the two different versions.

BR Mio
    Sweet Mio! Thanks. I'm back in bb service area (up north for the weekend) so I'll d/l and check it out.

Thanks again.

10-04-09 04:05 PM
    Will definitely check it out
    Thanks for sharing

10-04-09 08:15 PM
    Great theme with lots of ideas I've not seen before.

Can I suggest a nice addition would be to be able to scroll from Weather to Profiles to Clock to Signal Meter across the top. Clock could start Clock which would then leave the fixed clock at the bottom to become Browser & Signal Meter would open Manage Connections.

I've seen this done somewhere so I know it can be done.

On a personal level I would love it if the color scheme for menus etc was Black with grey highlighting. Personally i hate the Blue that most themes seem to use.

Anyway great work.
    Last edited by cdsh; 10-07-09 at 08:37 AM.
    10-07-09 08:25 AM
    Thanks for this theme! It is by far the best theme I've downloaded, paid or free!! Thanks for your efforts. Truly appreciated.
    10-07-09 04:20 PM
    Hehe, Thanks.
    Improvements are in the works, Re-design of top banner
    It will be with fixed text for the weather app nicely integrated in the banner.
    (might include hotspots for the clock and connections..)

BR Mio
    10-08-09 02:59 AM
    Fantastic theme Mio.
    Well done.
    Just keep us informed as you update this...
    10-08-09 04:27 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD