Creator: Free BBT
    Cost: Free
    Link: Free BBT: Bold 9000: Neo-Dimension (Today)

This is the first of 2 themes in the Neo-Dimension series.

Neo-Dimension (today) features:

�Custom icons based on the Dimension themes
    �7 user changable applications across the bottom of the homescreen (the first 7 icons from your main application list)
    �A dedicated slot in the top left for your weather application (set to be your 8th icon from your main application list)
    �Select the battery meter to open your Options application (see screenshots)
    �Select the time to open your Clock application (see screenshots)
    �Select the the signal meter to open your Manage Connections (see screenshots)
    �Profiles icon in the top right
    �Messages icon showing your 2 new messages
    �Calendar icon showing your 4 upcoming appointments
    �Weather icon will also display on your lockscreen (see screenshots)

Here is a screenshot. There are lots more at the download link.

Click on the banner below for the main site and lots more Free BlackBerry Themes

10-05-09 03:27 AM
    Very nice! it does have an old school look to it.
    Thanks for sharing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 02:22 PM
    Love This One!!!!!!! Thanks!!! Sweet Theme.
    10-05-09 03:14 PM
    Great theme! Is it possible to change the navigation so that scrolling all the way to the top stops at the Messages? (And then right/left to Weather)
    This way the most frequently used app (messages) is not passed-over/over-scrolled when it a hurry.

Thanks!
    Zax

10-05-09 04:50 PM
    Great theme! Is it possible to change the navigation so that scrolling all the way to the top stops at the Messages? (And then right/left to Weather)
    This way the most frequently used app (messages) is not passed-over/over-scrolled when it a hurry.

Thanks!
    Zax

Hmm, well if weather was the only item on the top row that would work, but since there is Weather & Options & Clock & Manage Connections & Profiles, I don't really think having that whole row to the left or right of messages would really make sense or would flow properly.
    10-05-09 04:53 PM
    I understand, it is a challenge. But I hope I make sense with what I was describing (in terms of the issue), especially while on the go it is so easy to over-shoot the Messages and end up on the Weather which then forces you to stop and scroll down back. Not a huge issue, just a slight usability gotcha.

Any other ideas how to navigation can change to avoid it?

One more question, on the lock screen, I am one of these guys that fully utilize the Owner field text (until the BB tells me no more chars can be entered), what I noticed on this theme is that the last line (7th if you count the owner name) is cut in the middle (doesn't fit). Is it possible to move the whole thing a few pixels to the top and fit one more line?

Thanks again for this cool theme!
    Z
    10-05-09 05:02 PM
    I understand, it is a challenge. But I hope I make sense with what I was describing (in terms of the issue), especially while on the go it is so easy to over-shoot the Messages and end up on the Weather which then forces you to stop and scroll down back. Not a huge issue, just a slight usability gotcha.

Any other ideas how to navigation can change to avoid it?

One more question, on the lock screen, I am one of these guys that fully utilize the Owner field text (until the BB tells me no more chars can be entered), what I noticed on this theme is that the last line (7th if you count the owner name) is cut in the middle (doesn't fit). Is it possible to move the whole thing a few pixels to the top and fit one more line?

Thanks again for this cool theme!
    Z
    Yes I understand exactly what the "issue" is, but I try to make all my themes user-friendly. They need to flow and to make sense. And unfortunately having the top row of icons not at the top of the navigation simply doesn't make sense and would be confusing and counter-intuitive.

In regards to the lock screen issue: I just completed the second of my Neo-Dimension series and I made that one with a much larger owner info field based on your comments. You can check it out here:
    Neo-Dimension (Plus)

And actually Neo-Dimension (Plus) may solve your navigation issue as well since you can have your messages icon at the far left so you couldn't scroll past it.
    10-06-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD