Minimalist Theme Added
    12-29-08 10:28 PM
    thank you very much! will see if i need any changes.
    12-29-08 10:32 PM
    i have found that when you scroll from left to right (fast) on the home screen, the blue highlighting of icons appears to go down and comes up from the bottom? i dont really know how to explain it. also could you make it so the today entries the font are like outlined a little by a black lining so the font is more visible? or have the font more bolded?
    Last edited by lemon204; 12-29-08 at 10:55 PM.
    12-29-08 10:46 PM
    i have found that when you scroll from left to right (fast) on the home screen, the blue highlighting of icons appears to go down and comes up from the bottom? i dont really know how to explain it. also could you make it so the today entries the font are like outlined a little by a black lining so the font is more visible? or have the font more bolded?
    Yea thats a bit of the "magic" of how the icons appear to be OEM style. There is a bit of animation behind the scenes, but its the best i can do without it consuming much memory. I can see if i can speed up the transition a bit more so that its less noticable if its a problem.

As far as fonts go, if you can find me a font that has a black outline i would be more than happy to implement that for ya
    12-29-08 11:01 PM
    i love all these themes, is there a known bug that notifications dont appear? i.e. BBmessenger, weathereye, etc?

thanks
    12-29-08 11:07 PM
    Yes there is I am working on a fix for that. I will let you guys know asap
    12-29-08 11:10 PM
    ahh okay

thanks again!
    12-29-08 11:13 PM
    ohhhh ic, well is it possible to just make the font bolder?
    12-29-08 11:21 PM
    Haha, I had the same font request as you lemon.
    I scoured the internet for a while today looking for a font that would work to have a black outline on text that small but came up empty handed.
    I ended up switching to white text and editing my wallpaper to have it appear as though the top bar fades down the background like so. I'd post a link but I don't have enough posts. I uploaded a screenshot that you can see on flickr if you search for my username.
    12-30-08 12:45 AM
    Augghh, what happened.

First let me say I love the home screen you designed for EightIcon_ShortBanner_bga123. The transaparent backdrop for the icons on the bottom worked great! However, something went seriously astray when you look at the app screen (selecting the MENU key from the Home screen). I now get the icons on a gray backfield which is superimposed on a solid white background. What happened to the wallpaper?

Maybe a limitation or a side-effect of using a transparent background on the home screen?

Thanks again for all your work. BTW, what do you do professionally?
    12-30-08 10:27 AM
    OK, looks like what happened is the theme tried to load a JPG which wasn't on my Bold. When I replaced the default wallpaper with a new image all came back to normal.

Thanks once again for all your work and effort.

Happy New Year.
    12-30-08 10:50 AM
    OK, looks like what happened is the theme tried to load a JPG which wasn't on my Bold. When I replaced the default wallpaper with a new image all came back to normal.

Thanks once again for all your work and effort.

Happy New Year.
    Glad everything worked out. As far as the background goes I have it set to load the default background for the device. Maybe for some reason it doesn't fully initialize the background and that might be why it didn't show on the applications screen. In any event, if anyone else has this problem just re-load your wallpaper and all should be fine. Thanks bga123 for pointing this out.

Thanks again for all your work. BTW, what do you do professionally?
    I am a CAD Systems software engineer for the Pratt & Whitney company.

P.S. Guys I am looking at some Plazmic documentation to try and find out exactly why the home screen icons will not update when new messages are received. Seems like once you set your theme, it keeps the icon images. The only way they refresh is if you move icons around in your top 8 or reload the theme. I have found a call called "custom(newmail)" that can be used to call a command when new mail is received, hopefully i can find something to use it with that will refresh our theme.
    12-30-08 11:53 AM
    ^ Great work!

Keep us posted!
    12-30-08 01:11 PM
    thanks for making us custom themes and fixing them, really appreciate it!
    12-30-08 01:33 PM
    Just wanted to leave an update that I am still searching for the answer to our homepage icon update situation. I promise to try to have an answer for you guys soon.
    12-30-08 07:04 PM
    Just wanted to leave an update that I am still searching for the answer to our homepage icon update situation. I promise to try to have an answer for you guys soon.
    Seems to have many themer's stumped. There are quite a few themes around with the same issue. We have faith in you though!
    12-30-08 07:16 PM
    Well I PMed a few people and it seems like elycruz's babybold theme is working as it should. I shot him a message, hopefully he wont mind helping me out
    12-30-08 07:17 PM
    These look GREAT. I have tryed to install one but the Desktop manager says "No additional applications designed for your device were found" Can anyone help?

I have a Curve 8310
    12-30-08 09:27 PM
    ^ these themes are for the Bold.
    12-30-08 10:34 PM
    Haha, I had the same font request as you lemon.
    I scoured the internet for a while today looking for a font that would work to have a black outline on text that small but came up empty handed.
    I ended up switching to white text and editing my wallpaper to have it appear as though the top bar fades down the background like so. I'd post a link but I don't have enough posts. I uploaded a screenshot that you can see on flickr if you search for my username.
    ahh i see, that looks nice, i want the font to be a bit thicker i guess so it would stand out more
    12-30-08 10:57 PM
    ahh i see, that looks nice, i want the font to be a bit thicker i guess so it would stand out more
    Ill bold out the fonts for you as soon as I can. Ive been a bit busy today so that's the reason for my lack of responses. I'll send you a PM when its ready.
    12-30-08 11:33 PM
    Well I PMed a few people and it seems like elycruz's babybold theme is working as it should. I shot him a message, hopefully he wont mind helping me out
    Maybe he finally figured it out; I know for a fact that it didn't work in the first release.
    12-30-08 11:58 PM
    Maybe he finally figured it out; I know for a fact that it didn't work in the first release.
    Oh maybe, I actually havn't tried the theme for myself, but i PMed a user here who is using it and she said that its working. Hopefully he found out. Im crossing my fingers here because im having 0 luck finding out on my own.

I posted the question to the developers over at the plazmic forum so hopefully we can get some answers. Thanks for sticking with me guys
    12-31-08 12:12 AM
    new version have the fixes.... ill look into it. Im on a theme break winter break. bday coming up on the 2nd so major upgrades coming to all my themes. As for your theme im downloading it right now to see whats the issue and ill pm you as soon as i can.
    12-31-08 02:40 AM
    Ill bold out the fonts for you as soon as I can. Ive been a bit busy today so that's the reason for my lack of responses. I'll send you a PM when its ready.
    no worries, take your time. thanks again paimon and elycruz for trying to find a fix
    12-31-08 09:09 AM
153 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD