Great theme.

but 7 dollars?!?!?!

j/k. I have bought premium themes before and will continue to if I like them enough. It's only seven bucks. I figure that is what I earn during the 15 minutes I spend browsing crackberry on company time. Shhhhh!

Keep up the hard work Jason!
    01-15-09 09:15 AM
    I bought this theme and had problems with the download link and Jason responded to my email right away and helped me until my issue was resolved!! Thanks Jason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 11:20 AM
    What kills me about all of these comments complaining about the price is this...look at the threads where someone offers a free theme. There are pages of comments; can you change it this way, can you remove this icon, can you change the font, can you make the icon smaller, larger, can you...you get the idea.

Kudos to those people who are on here and make all those changes that take time and do it for free. But, why not charge for it? **** people, we're in a recession here! lol If I could make cool themes like this one and charge for it, I certainly would be doing it!
    01-15-09 12:11 PM
    I have a question: will the notification bar work the same way as the Android system? Obviously, you can't drag down the bar without a touchscreen, but is there possibly a keyboard shortcut (Like "N" for Notification... or something along those lines) that will bring down the Notification bar?

Or is the notification bar just that, without any of the fancy-shmancy goodness of the Android OS?
    01-15-09 04:17 PM
    Awesome theme! I'd pay $7 if it was available for my Curve
    01-15-09 07:09 PM
    I'd rather spend money on one of your themes than on food.

I just need to find out which one I want.. This one seems like it might be the winner. Yes, I could forego nourishment for your themes.
    01-15-09 09:46 PM
    I think it look stellar. WIsh you could remove the clock and maybe make 5 buttons on the main screen but otherwise very nicely done.
    01-15-09 10:11 PM
    Screw all of you that thinks $7 is too much for a great looking theme. If I had some money on my CC for this, I would in a heart beat. Unfortunatly I have completely maxed my CC for now, and they want some money lol.

This is one theme I would seriously consider buying if I had the money. Cheap PUNKS!!!!
    01-15-09 11:37 PM
    I can't believe he's charging $7 for this theme. It's nice and all, but $7, I'll pass. Thanks a lot for creating it though.

See ya!
    01-16-09 07:37 AM
    i like this theme....
    01-16-09 08:09 AM
    This theme took me a week to create. I had to make battery icons and signal icons from scratch. Numerous hours of testing on the actual device to make sure all components work properly and fix bugs.

And so far today...28 requests to modify the theme slightly. 9 requests to help install via DM, 15 requests to create personal OTA links..many other misc. questions. And that is just for this one theme, I'm providing support 24/7 on all of the themes I release.

Let's not forget that a lot of my themes (this one included) I purchase licenses to use icons or wallpapers. Take a look around online and you can see icons are not cheap.

And once again, developers do not get $7.00 when we sell the themes. We get about 50% or 60% of that amount depending on where its sold. And what happens if the theme is not a hit and it sells poorly? Developers loose out on time and money spent creating the theme.

So when its all said and done, I believe $7.00 is a very fair price which provides the customer with the themes they like, and the developer with a reasonable profit.

If you dont like the theme or dont want to spend $7.00 for one Im not going to flame you, but why come flame me for trying to earn a buck?
    Well said Cal. I appreciate your hard work in making a killer looking theme.

Let me know if you ever get the clock functional!

Thanks, Derek
    01-16-09 01:12 PM
    Here's a question...why are themes through here $7.00, yet on your website they are $6.00? Yes, I like the themes, yet I do find it hard to pay for something I can duplicate the way I want. No, I will not post them here nor will I send them to anyone, that would be just wrong. So I say this, although I won't pay $7.00 for the themes, I do like the designs and styles.
    01-17-09 10:42 AM
    I too would like a curve version
    01-17-09 10:57 AM
    Let's not forget that a lot of my themes (this one included) I purchase licenses to use icons or wallpapers. Take a look around online and you can see icons are not cheap.
    You certainly did not. The wallpapers you use in this theme are mine and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike-NonCommecial 2.0 license. Which means my work cannot be used for commercial purpose without my consent.
    01-18-09 04:08 PM
    Yikes!! If this is true, its not cool.. I hope this all gets worked out for credibilities sake.
    01-18-09 05:01 PM
    You can find the original file and their license at the following address: flickr.com/photos/romainguy/sets/72157607462733219/
    01-18-09 06:33 PM
    yeah i got this one a couple days ago and like it a lot. The clock in the corner is a good placement
    01-18-09 09:10 PM
    If the wallpapers are from the Android SDK, aren't you both taking them from there and not necessarily from one another?
    01-19-09 01:36 PM
    You certainly did not. The wallpapers you use in this theme are mine and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike-NonCommecial 2.0 license. Which means my work cannot be used for commercial purpose without my consent.
    So, is this true? What is going on here?
    01-19-09 01:39 PM
    sparkomatic: These wallpapers are in the Android SDK because I granted the use to the Android Open Source Project. I still retain the copyright on these images and they still cannot be used for commercial work without my consent. (I also have the original RAW files for these photos
    01-19-09 01:58 PM
    sparkomatic: These wallpapers are in the Android SDK because I granted the use to the Android Open Source Project. I still retain the copyright on these images and they still cannot be used for commercial work without my consent. (I also have the original RAW files for these photos
    Cool. Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't choosing sides or anything like that...just sharing my viewpoint of the whole thing
    01-19-09 02:07 PM
    No problem And the point is not even that I'm against commercial use of my photos but I strongly believe in being asked first ;-)
    01-19-09 04:58 PM
    Adding to the current conversation about the background images...All one has to do is right-click on this background image in the Android SDK file to view its 'Properties' and you can plainly see 'Romain Guy' listed in the Copyright section.
    01-19-09 05:28 PM
    what was the word of a version of this for the curve?
    01-24-09 04:27 PM
    what was the word of a version of this for the curve?

Here is the link for the curve version:

DroidBerry - BlackBerry Curve - Themes BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    01-25-09 05:09 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD