Theme name: DroidBerry
    Theme author: Jason Calhoun
    Theme credits: N/A
    Supported Device Model(s) and OS: Blackberry Bold OS 4.6
    Download Link(s): Get it here
    Theme Cost: $7.00
    Description: DroidBerry is a Google Android style theme for your BlackBerry Bold. All of the notification, battery and signal icons are the exact icons from the Google Android operating system.

The application icons resemble the stock icons from Android and the menus are sleek and pleasing to the eye. The

5 home screen icons are user customizable so you will always be able to keep your favorite apps right on the main screen.

- Google Android notification icons and fonts
    - User customizable home screen icons
    - BlackBerry Bold OS 4.6 ONLY
    - Please note that the clock image is for aesthetic purposes only. It is not functional.

01-12-09 10:40 PM
    $7.00 for a theme is way too much...Looks good but lets be real
    01-13-09 07:13 AM
    I respectfully disagree.

Developers only get about 50% cut off of the themes they sell, the rest goes to the sales distribution companies and sales channel site. Not to mention the days of work and customization we put into creating this software. Also we have to provide 24/7 customer and technical support for the hundreds/thousands of orders we get.

How's that for being real?
    01-13-09 09:21 AM
    Just do what I do, find a theme you like and duplicate it and make your own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 12:29 PM
    thats what i do also.
    01-13-09 12:41 PM

I have to agree nice looking but $7.00 too much in my opinion
    01-13-09 03:09 PM
    Its does look good but $7.00 is way too much for a theme. And lets be real, the clock isn't even functional on that theme. What could you possibly have to do for support with this theme?

Anyways, theme looks good. Good luck with your business.
    01-13-09 09:08 PM
    Its does look good but $7.00 is way too much for a theme. And lets be real, the clock isn't even functional on that theme. What could you possibly have to do for support with this theme?

Anyways, theme looks good. Good luck with your business.
    This theme took me a week to create. I had to make battery icons and signal icons from scratch. Numerous hours of testing on the actual device to make sure all components work properly and fix bugs.

And so far today...28 requests to modify the theme slightly. 9 requests to help install via DM, 15 requests to create personal OTA links..many other misc. questions. And that is just for this one theme, I'm providing support 24/7 on all of the themes I release.

Let's not forget that a lot of my themes (this one included) I purchase licenses to use icons or wallpapers. Take a look around online and you can see icons are not cheap.

And once again, developers do not get $7.00 when we sell the themes. We get about 50% or 60% of that amount depending on where its sold. And what happens if the theme is not a hit and it sells poorly? Developers loose out on time and money spent creating the theme.

So when its all said and done, I believe $7.00 is a very fair price which provides the customer with the themes they like, and the developer with a reasonable profit.

If you dont like the theme or dont want to spend $7.00 for one Im not going to flame you, but why come flame me for trying to earn a buck?
    01-13-09 09:23 PM
    Jason,

I think you did a great job on this theme!!! I've liked your work since I saw the Titanium theme you created for the Curve.

Question, were you able to test to see whether or not all the notification icons (msg, sms, bb msgr, facebook, etc.) will appear in the banner? At the same time?
    01-13-09 09:55 PM
    Jason,

I think you did a great job on this theme!!! I've liked your work since I saw the Titanium theme you created for the Curve.

Question, were you able to test to see whether or not all the notification icons (msg, sms, bb msgr, facebook, etc.) will appear in the banner? At the same time?
    They all wont fit at the same time. The top banner is not long enough, unless I removed the date. I believe only 4 icons would appear.
    01-13-09 10:10 PM
    ok, thanks for the response
    01-13-09 10:22 PM
    Jason, the theme does look very nice. I agree with you about people coming into threads and making comments about charging for themes.

IMHO, if you don't like the cost, don't buy it. Simple as that. People put up free themes here and ones that cost money. Personally, I tend to avoid paying for themes because I find free ones that I like. I have bought themes before that I've really appreciated and liked.

There's no need to come in and cr*p on a thread just because you don't like that someone is charging for their work. I would think that if Jason wasn't selling any of his themes, he'd probably lower his price to make some money. Since he's not done that (to my knowledge), people out there are buying the themes and I say good for him!
    01-14-09 12:35 AM
    very very cool theme...way too expensive
    Last edited by hagosrush; 01-14-09 at 08:53 PM.
    01-14-09 08:50 PM
    Great theme. You made it, so ask for the price you think is reasonable. I do not have a problem with that.
    01-14-09 08:54 PM
    is there an option to remove the aesthetic clock?
    01-15-09 12:20 AM
    i really want this theme...$7....why oh why!
    01-15-09 12:30 AM
    Seriously, I like this theme because its BlackBerry-Different.
    BUT, 7$ is way too much for a non-today theme... I think.
    01-15-09 01:10 AM
    I have G1 Android and every application on the market sale for free. Thank's
    01-15-09 01:56 AM
    It is surprising to me that people on this board either can't read or simply choose not to. Posting the same complaint over a very small amount of money when the reasoning behind it has been explained (twice) is just rude.

I challenge any one of the people complaining to create a quality theme (not steal someone else’s and pass it off with a few changes) and then see how they feel about the value of their time and effort. They obviously have no appreciation or respect for anyone else’s.

At the very least keep it constructive. If you don't like this one look around to see if anyone else has an offering.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/dro...-4-5-a-137409/
    Last edited by fxb; 01-15-09 at 02:56 AM.
    01-15-09 02:33 AM
    very nice theme, when you say you are providing 24/7 support for your theme, does that mean you're available 24 hours a day? for example if at 3am i had a question about your theme you're going to be available to help me?
    01-15-09 03:03 AM
    wow, i cant believe some of the comments on here about paying $7 for a theme.

if you dont like paying for it, then just move on to the next thread, the fact that you guys are complaining must mean, it looks like you want it, but dont want to fork out lunch money to purchase it.

JC makes the best themes around, and this one is no exception. its every bit as good some of his previous ones i have tried. at least i know with JC that my level 1 messages will always be red, which is often not the case with some of the other theme designers around.

awesome work buddy
    01-15-09 04:39 AM
    How is $7 too much for a theme? Most of you people spend that much money on a cup of coffee or a crappy value meal.
    01-15-09 05:22 AM
    I my self am a lil' disturbed by the comments here regarding the $7 pricing for the theme.

A lot of time and effort goes into making quality themes and this is indeed one of them, I'm not going to explain the process for everyone at this point since Cal has explained it more then enough times in this thread.

All I can really say is that the $7 pricepoint is on par with many, many, many other premium themes that are available, often times ones with much LESS quality then what has been placed on this theme alone.

And to those who feel as though it's too much....[ plazmic ] as well as this, Make your own and see the time and effort it takes to deal with such a task.

The $7 was worth the trip to the drug store and the cost of headache relievers I would have paid for after opening Plazmic and seeing how difficult it is at times to work with.
    01-15-09 05:30 AM
    $7 for a quality theme is a bargain. At that price it is easy to get together a nice collection.

Don't forget that when you call a plumber to fix a leak and he charges you $50 or so when the part costs 10c you are paying not just for the part but for the plumbers knowledege in how to fix it.
    01-15-09 07:08 AM
    I think this post has gone to far. Jason is offering a Custom theme for a certain amount of money. That's it. I think mods should delete all the neg posts about the price and move on.
    01-15-09 07:23 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD