**UPDATE**
    04/17 - Added 7 entry Calendar only and 2 Message/4 Calendar options.

I upgraded to a Bold from a Pearl this past Friday and was heartbroken that my favorite Pearl theme, Dimension Today Plus, wasn't available. All of the available DTP clones seem to try to do to much. All I wanted was a clean interface with as few modifications to the default theme as possible. This is my first shot at making a theme so I'm definitely open to suggestions/criticism/scorn. If anyone would like a slight change like wrap, more/less icons, etc, let me know.

Features:
    • Eight icon user-customizable sliding dock (1/2 size icons), no wrap
    • Today area with 4 Messages and 2 Calendar entries
    • Dock icons pop-up slightly when given focus
    • No icons are changed at all
    • Only the home screen has been modified
    • Readable with almost any home screen image
    • No squished font bug
    • Network banner removed from home screen, still intact on application screen

Some application icons may not automatically update like they do in the app screen due to the nature of composer (I think). If anyone knows a work around for this please let me know!

Thanks to 9of13 for the Hidden Dock Tutorial.

OTA LINKS

Dimension Today Plus Redux - 4 Message, 2 Calendar

Dimension Today Plus Redux - 7 Calendar (only)

Dimension Today Plus Redux - 2 Message, 4 Calendar

If anyone just wants to drop the dock into an existing theme the .thm, .svg, and associated images are here:

DTP Redux Plazmic Files

The SVG is heavily edited so the original .cp file isn't included as it's useless.
    Last edited by AlmtyBob; 04-18-09 at 12:12 AM.
    whatsnewdoc, allergy and tokungman like this.
    04-17-09 04:17 AM
    Excellent theme thanks very much, already installed on both our phones and first theme change in about 6 months as I loved my old one soi much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 05:30 AM
    Great theme...but could you reverse it..e.g., 2 messages and 4 calendar? I need the calendar more than the email!
    04-17-09 04:07 PM
    Sure, simple enough, I'll do it when I get home from work late this evening. I have to fix an issue I noticed with the calendar where the bottom entry doesn't highlight correctly anyway.
    04-17-09 04:21 PM
    Excellent I'd like more lines for calender than messages as I'm a busy busy person who is also extremelly forgetful.

04-17-09 06:05 PM
    Updated with 4 message, 2 calendar version and 7 calendar (only) version.
    04-18-09 12:13 AM
    Very nice and clean. Thanks for your work

04-18-09 02:32 AM
    Thank you! The 4C 2M version is exactly what I have been looking for
    04-18-09 02:46 AM
    Thank you...

04-18-09 03:14 AM
    The 7 calendar version is exactly what I was looking for!!

I do have a possible request though... could you make a normal size icon in the upper right hand corner for BerryWeather?
    04-18-09 06:05 AM
    The 7 calendar version is exactly what I was looking for!!

I do have a possible request though... could you make a normal size icon in the upper right hand corner for BerryWeather?
    Normal size as in 80x80, like the default Precision Silver buttons? Did you want to be able to scroll to it? I can make it but I can't promise it will work as expected. For some reason custom themes don't like icons that update themselves so they're inconsistent at best. Again, if any knows the solution to that let me know.
    04-18-09 06:34 AM
    i was thinking in the upper right hand corner and one that just updates that is about 80x80. if it wont work, i understand..
    04-18-09 01:43 PM
    Sure, simple enough, I'll do it when I get home from work late this evening. I have to fix an issue I noticed with the calendar where the bottom entry doesn't highlight correctly anyway.
    LOL...seems my calendar change request was a hit! Thanks for doing it...looks fantastic!!
    04-18-09 02:48 PM
    i was thinking in the upper right hand corner and one that just updates that is about 80x80. if it wont work, i understand..
    Give this a try:

Dimension Today Plus Redux - 7 Calendar 1 Notifier

I think it'll update itself properly as the icon was made in Theme Builder rather than Composer. Because it was made in TB, Weather Berry or whatever other app you want to show in the top right needs to be in the first slot. The bottom dock icons need to be in spots 2-9. If you're displaying the temperature on WeatherBerry it may be hard to read on very light backgrounds.
    04-18-09 04:51 PM
    im just wondering, how come my new message icon has not disappeared even though the message has been read and opened?

also, does the bottom dock show the red on the indicators when a new txt/mail has come?

when i first downloaded it, the icons didnt change. now after a reset, the new email message icon changed on the dock but it hasnt left since i opened it.

not sure if its something on my end..thanks
    04-19-09 12:41 AM
    this is incredible, i love it. thanks for making it free
    04-19-09 12:55 AM
    Loooks clean,,,,,,,,,,
    04-19-09 01:08 AM
    im just wondering, how come my new message icon has not disappeared even though the message has been read and opened?

also, does the bottom dock show the red on the indicators when a new txt/mail has come?

when i first downloaded it, the icons didnt change. now after a reset, the new email message icon changed on the dock but it hasnt left since i opened it.

not sure if its something on my end..thanks
    What OS are you using on your Bold? The message/call indicators workon my end on a 4.6.0.247. The docks indicators on the bottom are a problem. It seems when making icons in Plazmic Composer (necessary for the sliding) versus Plazmic Theme Builder the icons don't like to update themselves. I haven't been able to find a fix.
    04-19-09 01:53 AM
    awesome theme, but is this theme without the operator logo?
    04-19-09 06:50 AM
    Love this theme too!
    Wwondering if the creator of this theme can make one with the opertor logo show and if the application names could show up forthe dock applications when selected please let us know, thanks!!
    04-19-09 02:33 PM
    Love this theme too!
    Wwondering if the creator of this theme can make one with the opertor logo show and if the application names could show up forthe dock applications when selected please let us know, thanks!!
    I'm in the process of making an online build-your-own Today Plus theme generator which will have the option to keep the default banner. Application names are tricky because the Today areas (the messages and calendar) can't be modified in any way I know of other than resizing and they're always on top. So if application names were turned on they'd either sit on top of the bottommost Today entry or I'd have to make space for text that will only be visible when the dock slides up. As always, if anyone knows a work around please let me know.
    04-19-09 02:41 PM
    Give this a try:

Dimension Today Plus Redux - 7 Calendar 1 Notifier

I think it'll update itself properly as the icon was made in Theme Builder rather than Composer. Because it was made in TB, Weather Berry or whatever other app you want to show in the top right needs to be in the first slot. The bottom dock icons need to be in spots 2-9. If you're displaying the temperature on WeatherBerry it may be hard to read on very light backgrounds.
    The icon shows up very nicely...but you cannot choose it. Seems to be on the same bar with the calendar.
    04-20-09 12:21 AM
    this theme is pretty solid. I just wish i could see the text messages in the message list, is there anyway to enable this?
    04-21-09 10:14 AM
    this theme is pretty solid. I just wish i could see the text messages in the message list, is there anyway to enable this?
    Go to Messages -> Options -> General Options -> "SMS and Email Inboxes: Combined"
    04-21-09 04:29 PM
    Would you guys know why my Calendar won't show my to do items? Mine won't show anything!
    04-22-09 10:50 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD