My BOLD & I had a memory crash last nite while getting errors attempting to stop the latest edition of BerryWeather and -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...ml#post4650831

...I used to have 9 themes in the "list" of installed themes & could see the preview, then select them, now they are not there. They only appear in the Application List. What would make this happen & how do I reverse it?

I've searched high & low for about 3 hours today with no answer. Running OS 4.0.0.217
    Last edited by HiLifeRocker; 02-10-10 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add details...
    02-10-10 08:05 PM
    Re-install the themes via any backups you made, if you have no backups re-install them one at a time. Any paid themes you can get back via your account from mobihand or wherever you purchased them.
    02-10-10 08:33 PM
    9 themes, that's way too many.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 07:48 AM
    2 or 3 is a lot lol...
    02-11-10 07:49 AM
    LOL re: qty of themes, I will only keep 1-2 on there from now on.

Anywho - I used the DM to re-load just 2 themes that were "missing", not all of them. Did battery pull. They still do not show in Menu/Options/Theme preview area.

Next, I used an OTA link to d/l ONE theme that was "missing" - BB stated "this is already installed, do you want to replace?", OK'd that, "successfully installed" appeared. STILL did not populate in the Options/Theme area.

Perhaps since ALL of the "missing" themes are populating in the APPLICATION LIST this is throwing it off?

Any suggestions for the next step?
    02-11-10 10:19 AM
    Try deleting/uninstalling all of them from you "app" folder and then re-downloading/reinstalling them.
    02-11-10 10:29 AM
    maybe the versions of themes you are using are not for the os you have.
    I had that while testing a theme yesterday...installed and showed up in apps list, but not in themes list.....it was a 5.0 theme and I have 4.5
    02-11-10 10:30 AM
    rjkolo: Will give that a try shortly! thnx

Tony bag o donuts: I've used all themes w/o issue prior to 'crash' with BerryWeather, thanks for the tip - gotta watch that for any new ones!
    02-11-10 11:07 AM
    Are you sure about downloading the exact same version again? Some designers have multiple versions.
    02-11-10 11:30 AM
    cavingjan - yes, indeed double checked.

I can tell you that deleting ALL 9 themes from the Application List freed up 10MB of Application Memory - was 23.9MB max after batt. pull, now its 34.9MB. POW!

Going to do an OTA Theme for my model & OS ...
    02-11-10 12:17 PM
    If you download a theme, and it's listed under Options >Advanced Options >Applications, but is NOT listed under Options >Themes. It's for the wrong device or OS(operating system)
    02-11-10 12:21 PM
    SevereDeceit - I think the crash had everything to do with it being an anomaly. The crash must have dissociated the two or something.

I'm telling you - I have pics to prove I used all of those themes before the 'crash' with no issue whatsoever; I d/l'ed the themes over a year ago w/ no OS changes/upgrade/downgrade.

Thanks to all responders - I was able to OTA install a 3rd party theme AND clean up the unused themes, saving some App Memory, too.
    02-11-10 03:32 PM
    The best advice that should definitely have cleared things up for you (and apparently has) was given by rjkolo - to uninstall the themes first then re-install them. It's funny that even though you clearly stated your themes were working fine beforehand and that you were re-installing the exact same themes that people still don't read posts properly and assume you're installing incompatible themes (not to mention the pointless/useless posts about the quantity of themes you have installed).
    02-12-10 09:42 AM
    The best advice that should definitely have cleared things up for you (and apparently has) was given by rjkolo - to uninstall the themes first then re-install them. It's funny that even though you clearly stated your themes were working fine beforehand and that you were re-installing the exact same themes that people still don't read posts properly and assume you're installing incompatible themes (not to mention the pointless/useless posts about the quantity of themes you have installed).
    Yeah hilarious because themes aren't updated or there couldn't be corrupted files. Or even better still sometimes people think they are reinstalling the same theme but re-download it from the developer and it could have been updated.

Yes, on older devices the # of themes does have an effect on performance.
    02-12-10 10:06 AM
    I know a couple of my themes have gone from OS4 to OS5. It you have a blind link and do not go to the original source to determine which version is which, you will easily install an incompatible version. (luckily I only screwed this up on two themes)
    02-12-10 11:46 AM
    i know a couple of my themes have gone from os4 to os5. It you have a blind link and do not go to the original source to determine which version is which, you will easily install an incompatible version. (luckily i only screwed this up on two themes)

exactly!!!!
    02-12-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD