So there is basically no one cruising the theme forum right now and I know that the usual suspects are probably here on the Bold forum, so I thought I'd ask my question here...

I just downloaded Plazmic CDK 4.7 and I would like to make my own personalized theme for my Bold... Nothing fancy but just a few tweaks and customizations. I've played around a little bit in the software and frankly right now it's making me feel a bit clueless. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good "Theme Building for Dummies" sort of tutorial? I appreciate the help.
    04-08-09 11:14 AM
    Saw an awesome end-to-end video on RIM's website ... give me a sec, i wanted it for myself as well
    04-08-09 03:10 PM
    There you go Media Library

After watching this you should be on your way
    04-08-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks, CFA. I have been curious about this myself.
    04-08-09 03:15 PM
    There you go Media Library

After watching this you should be on your way
    Thank you much...
    04-08-09 03:23 PM
    hey sandos.. computer here wont let me weiw the vid.. how easy does it look because i wanna make themes too.. but basic tweaks and customizations, like you said
    04-08-09 03:27 PM
    So there is basically no one cruising the theme forum right now and I know that the usual suspects are probably here on the Bold forum, so I thought I'd ask my question here...

I just downloaded Plazmic CDK 4.7 and I would like to make my own personalized theme for my Bold... Nothing fancy but just a few tweaks and customizations. I've played around a little bit in the software and frankly right now it's making me feel a bit clueless. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good "Theme Building for Dummies" sort of tutorial? I appreciate the help.
    Uhhhh... Actually on second thought, I'll just keep watching for someone else to make a theme that I like. That **** looks like a pain in the *** and I'm not a graphic design sort of person. Oh well, I was hoping it would have been simpler, although if you want to invest time in that thing you could do some really sick stuff...
    04-08-09 04:45 PM
    It's not that hard, but it definitely takes time. The worst part is if you make your own icons... 2 icons per app + profile icons + etc. takes a while...
    04-08-09 04:49 PM
    It's not that hard, but it definitely takes time. The worst part is if you make your own icons... 2 icons per app + profile icons + etc. takes a while...
    You're right... It didn't look too complicated at all but it did appear to take a boat load of TIME... I already spend enough time with my baby (my Bold that is) and my wife, oh yeah and my dogs and my job and... well, you get the point.

That's right I put Bold first, wife second... It'll wear off eventually.
    04-08-09 04:55 PM
    You need to create your own icons only if you want to make them look different, otherwise you can use the ones already provided.
    04-08-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD