Oooooh that's intruiging I like the sound of that! Can you let me have the link or the name of one of the themes that does that with the wifi symbol as I've never seen that myself?

Fitting the carrier in somewhere with 10 icons is difficult due to the size. I have to reduce the size of the top bar in order to fit 10 on the screen, and that's why I chose the carrier to get removed. I could probably do it if I removed the profile icon instead....?

Here is the arrow thing I'm talking about. This picture was taken with the stock Precision theme(super boo), the L theme from "onthehand" that I used before I saw your 10 icon also had the transmitting arrow next to the wifi icon if wifi is in use. Not a big deal, but just wondering if you can perhaps look into it, because sometimes I'd like to have the assurance(as with most people) to know I'm not using 3g data for downloading large data stuff.

Don't worry about the carrier thing, I was just wondering, I'd much rather keep the Profile Icon there. Thank you so much for an awesome theme! We appreciate your hardwork!
    Last edited by chiefroastbeef; 12-05-08 at 02:09 AM.
    12-05-08 01:50 AM
    Okay, please nevermind my above post, the wifi arrow thing is working now for the 10 icon theme by hulky. Not sure why it sometimes does the wifi arrow and sometimes not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 05:40 AM
    Okay, please nevermind my above post, the wifi arrow thing is working now for the 10 icon theme by hulky. Not sure why it sometimes does the wifi arrow and sometimes not.

Ah gotcha. The up/down arrow thing is for showing when data is being transmitted over any sort of wireless. It just so happens that on the bb browser the wifi icon is in that position; for the homescreen and app banner, you can put it where you want when you build a theme. Only way to be sure you're definitely using wifi is to turn off your 'mobile network' in 'manage connections'!
    12-05-08 10:52 AM
    Great looking theme. Looking forward to loading it up...
    12-07-08 12:03 AM
    Hey Hulkster-Are these ota themeslinks still active? They dont seem to work on my 8310 os4.5. Please advise
    12-09-08 08:44 AM
    Hey Hulkster-Are these ota themeslinks still active? They dont seem to work on my 8310 os4.5. Please advise
    Yes they are still active, but they won;t work for you because they are for the Bold handset only! ;-)
    12-09-08 09:04 AM
    Hulkster1970,

Thanks again for the great themes! Any chance that you would be coming out with a 13 icon 'U' theme?

12-09-08 03:20 PM
    These themes look great. Can you customize the 10 buttons?
    12-09-08 09:08 PM
    hey hulkster,

first of all thx for the awesome work, you really im�proved my bb bold experience alot!

i was wondering, woukld it be possible to make a theme that includes some kind of weather info (ie weathereye) on the today screen?

maybe as another line next to the time/below the date or below the battery indicator or as a small icon like display in the upper right corner, right below where the top bar starts?
    12-10-08 08:07 AM
    very nice...downloading
    12-10-08 10:00 AM
    Nice! Good job
    12-10-08 10:50 AM
    hey hulkster,

first of all thx for the awesome work, you really im�proved my bb bold experience alot!

i was wondering, woukld it be possible to make a theme that includes some kind of weather info (ie weathereye) on the today screen?

maybe as another line next to the time/below the date or below the battery indicator or as a small icon like display in the upper right corner, right below where the top bar starts?
    Just put your weathereye app in one of the first 10 (for and L theme) or 7 (for a regualr theme) positions in your applications screen and it will show up on the home screen. Then when you roll over it you will get the current conditions. There's no way of having a permanent display of the conditions as far as I can tell.
    12-10-08 02:19 PM
    These themes look great. Can you customize the 10 buttons?
    The 10 icons follow the first 10 items listed in your application screen, if that's what you mean?
    12-10-08 02:21 PM
    Great themes Hulkster.

I got the 7 bottom, message, sms and callander one.

Couple of questions on this theme.

1. I have the my sms and messages set as seperate in my options but on the home screen if I have 10 unready email messages it also says I have 10 unread sms/mms messages.

2. Logos for applications, games, setup and downloads are just symbols of folders. Can these be updated to the original logos in the next version?

3. Weather network logo doesent tell you current weather when you scroll over it when the logo is on the main screen
    12-10-08 06:56 PM
    Great themes Hulkster.

I got the 7 bottom, message, sms and callander one.

Couple of questions on this theme.

1. I have the my sms and messages set as seperate in my options but on the home screen if I have 10 unready email messages it also says I have 10 unread sms/mms messages.

2. Logos for applications, games, setup and downloads are just symbols of folders. Can these be updated to the original logos in the next version?

3. Weather network logo doesent tell you current weather when you scroll over it when the logo is on the main screen
    1. I have noticed that it does this and have seen it on other people's themes so I think it's either a quirk of the bold OS or the theme builder software.

2. When you use the theme builder software and make any changes to the application screen it loses these nice icons and there isn;t anything that can be done about it. I have stopped editing the app screen now so future releases should not have this problem.

3. The particular theme you're using doesn't have the rollover text as I needed all the room possible to fit the today info on the screen. i can add it in but will need to decrease some info from the today areas. I will have a look.
    12-11-08 12:50 PM
    It would ne good to get those little bugs fixed on any future versions you do.

Another great thing to add would be to have a similiar animated background connected to the weather network in the city you are in so if it was sunny outside without any clouds the background would show the sun, and if it was raining the background would show rain, snow with snow background etc.

That animated background with the today home page would be awesome.
    12-11-08 05:24 PM
    ...very nice themes! Thanks for taking the time to create them, and more importantly, sharing them for free.
    12-11-08 06:16 PM
    "Sharing them for free". Sometime that fact is overlooked.

12-11-08 06:29 PM
    how do you change the folder icons into the default one? like the setup folder, application folder, and etc. i don't like the plain folder look for all of them.
    12-12-08 11:16 AM
    Being a dummy would someone walk me thru the process of downloading some of the themes, especially L themes? I would sure appreciate it
    12-12-08 01:56 PM
    Hi there to all those asking about the icons for the various application folders - if when using the theme builder software you modify the application screen in any way (this includes the banner) it loses the icons for these folders, and there's no way at the moment to change them. My themes have traditionally involved editing the app banner to remove the carrier so this is why it happens.

For any future versions I may release I will leave the application screen alone.

Thanks!
    12-13-08 11:38 AM
    Hulkster1970 - Thanks for what you're doing and sharing "your" Themes with us.

12-13-08 12:40 PM
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    12-13-08 02:30 PM
    Hulkster. Great stuff. I guess we are all hulkamaniacs now. Thx so much.

12-14-08 07:37 AM
    Love the themes...thanks for all the hard work!
    12-14-08 09:41 AM
375 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD