***UPDATED AGAIN*** See post #14 further down with new OTA link for latest version and screenshots

**UPDATED** I've now hosted the theme for OTA. Here is the OTA link:

http://www.imhipimcool.com/OTA/com_p...IPvREVISED.jad

*UPDATED*

Sound profile icons now themed, translucent caret bar over messages and calendar entries in Today area, hourglass now dynamic, other minor changes. Revised zip file attached.

Hi all,

Here is my first attempt at a theme. I don't take credit for the icons, those were retrieved from IconArchive online, free for non-commercial use. I themed dialog menus, alarm icon, mail icons (to an extent) and the most commonly used application icons. It's an "L" style theme with 2 shortcuts along the left side and 6 on the bottom. Also has a Today messages and calendar display (2 items each). Hourglass also replaced. Please provide constructive criticism so that I may become a better themer. Thank you!

Note: Works best with dark backgrounds, icons are customizable.

Derek

Screenshots/theme attached.
    Last edited by picassolsus; 01-16-09 at 09:01 AM. Reason: UPDATED Theme
    01-13-09 10:32 PM
    Looks great, Ill try it out :-)
    01-14-09 02:59 AM
    Kudos to you. I have seen long time theme makers not make em this good !
    01-14-09 04:02 AM
    Thanks yall!
    01-14-09 09:46 AM
    Hi all,

Here is my first attempt at a theme. I don't take credit for the icons, those were retrieved from IconArchive online, free for non-commercial use. I themed dialog menus, alarm icon, mail icons (to an extent) and the most commonly used application icons. It's an "L" style theme with 2 shortcuts along the left side and 6 on the bottom. Also has a Today messages and calendar display (2 items each). Hourglass also replaced. Please provide constructive criticism so that I may become a better themer. Thank you!

Derek

Derek,

I love the bright colorful icons you used....

I myself love the tiny fonts used on the homescreen and the menu's, but you may want to make the msg & sms font customizable. Oooh, a colorful new folder icon would be nice too. If you could make as many of the standard icons the colorful ones you chose then that could give it a nice flow (like the profile icons (loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only & off).

The only thing I would suggest though is, the icon that you used to replace the hourglass with, the lightbulb, if possible can you make it do something to show that it's thinking....like flash? Makes me nervous to see it just sitting there.

Either way, I just downloaded it....going to try it out!!!
    01-14-09 11:44 PM
    will there be a OTA ?
    01-15-09 06:26 AM
    lamonicaj,

Thanks so much for the insightful feedback.

I've revised the theme with the following changes:

• Call profiles are now themed (normal, silent, vibrate, etc)
    • The hourglass is dynamic and is an actual hourglass
    • The highlighted bar (caret) for the Today screen area is translucent
    • Some minor tweaks to a couple of icons (I thought the camera icon was too big)

I'm going to try and figure out how to update my first attachment with this most recent revision.....bear with me!

=)
    01-15-09 08:54 AM
    I just downloaded it! Love the new icons & changes you made!!!!
    01-15-09 11:29 AM
    will there be a OTA ?
    Yup...check the updated first post for link.

Thanks,

Derek
    01-15-09 12:45 PM
    I like the them is you can revise it with a static background, add the profile icon some where on the home screen to the left like the original and maybe be able to customise the vertical icons also dock icons should be able to display application name , please let us know thanks!
    01-15-09 02:04 PM
    I like the them is you can revise it with a static background, add the profile icon some where on the home screen to the left like the original and maybe be able to customise the vertical icons also dock icons should be able to display application name , please let us know thanks!
    James,

I'm working on your requested revisions now. The vertical icons are already customizable, and I've just added back the profiles icon. Can you elaborate on what you mean by a static background? Let me know and I'll finish these changes up and get the new one posted. Thanks!

Derek
    01-15-09 05:56 PM
    hi! perfect theme!!!!!
    is there a chance that you will make it No carrier?
    01-15-09 07:43 PM
    Wow! I really love this theme... Thank you so much!
    01-15-09 10:36 PM
    Thanks laurenmac and mase!

I've revised yet again. As I'm learning the different functions of Plazmic, I found that using a Today area as opposed to hard coded Messages and Calendar sections will allow the screen to remain clean, unless the calendar or messages icon is hovered over-- then recent items are displayed. This is kind of a best of both worlds approach I guess.

I also added a bounce effect to the icons, changed the video camera icon to an actual video camera, and updated the screenshots to reflect the profiles themeing and homescreen.

I'll add the updated link to *this* post and leave the originals intact in case someone prefers that style.

Mase,

I'll get a no carrier version up soon.

Thanks!

OTA UPDATED LINK: http://www.imhipimcool.com/OTA/com_p...eme_WIPv14.jad
    Last edited by picassolsus; 01-16-09 at 09:02 AM.
    01-16-09 08:58 AM
    James,

I'm working on your requested revisions now. The vertical icons are already customizable, and I've just added back the profiles icon. Can you elaborate on what you mean by a static background? Let me know and I'll finish these changes up and get the new one posted. Thanks!

Derek
    Static Background : so if i wanted to use a pic as the home screen it would on changed the background on all the screen with my pic a static background your background would stay for the other menue except if i use a pic for the home screen
    01-16-09 12:17 PM
    Great theme...currently the one I'm using.
    01-16-09 12:27 PM
    [QUOTE=picassolsus;1426924]
    Mase,

I'll get a no carrier version up soon.

Thanks!

QUOTE]

U R THE MAN!!!!!

edit: oh man.. ur just awosome!!!! just installed the theme u put on post 14.... FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!
    i still gona use the theme from post 1 cause i like the calendar and msgs preview...
    i really dont want to be rude, but it is possible if u have free time to make the icons also bounce like in post 14 with the no carrier?
    waiting for your response.
    and i gota say, im new to the BB i came from the iphone world, sadly on the BB world everything cost money, i think ur an awosome man to give that theme for free!! so THANK YOU!!!!!
    this post is now my favkeep update
    Last edited by mase1981; 01-16-09 at 01:47 PM.
    01-16-09 12:32 PM
    installed and looks awesome. One thing I noticed though, when trying to customize the "L". The top icon on the left should be the first icon on the main screen (when you push the blackberry symbol button and all icons show on screen). Instead it is the sixth icon. Seems that ordering between the L and the main screen is not quite correct. Not sure what the cause of that is but I thought I'd mention it. See screen shots of what I mean in case this isn't clear.

But I have to say it does look sweet on my bold!
    Last edited by wingzero1; 01-20-09 at 02:16 PM. Reason: adding screen shots
    01-20-09 02:04 PM
    installed and looks awesome. One thing I noticed though, when trying to customize the "L". The top icon on the left should be the first icon on the main screen (when you push the blackberry symbol button and all icons show on screen). Instead it is the sixth icon. Seems that ordering between the L and the main screen is not quite correct. Not sure what the cause of that is but I thought I'd mention it. See screen shots of what I mean in case this isn't clear.

But I have to say it does look sweet on my bold!
    I noticed that too, it's the same on the Today Version....took me a minute to get it arranged the way I wanted it....but, it's still the one I'm using now!!!!
    01-20-09 03:55 PM
    Great theme. Thanks.
    03-01-09 02:31 PM
    i love the graphics. i am downloading it now. have been looking for a while for a bold today theme
    05-11-09 12:33 PM
    ***UPDATED AGAIN*** See post #14 further down with new OTA link for latest version and screenshots

**UPDATED** I've now hosted the theme for OTA. Here is the OTA link:

www.imhipimcool.com

*UPDATED*

Sound profile icons now themed, translucent caret bar over messages and calendar entries in Today area, hourglass now dynamic, other minor changes. Revised zip file attached.

Hi all,

Derek

OTA not working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 06:02 AM
    Nice theme... But I can"t download the ota link...
    05-13-09 06:09 AM
    ota link is dead
    05-25-09 04:00 PM
    ZIP still works

Nice theme
    05-25-09 10:56 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD