Is 1.00 the latest version for the "9000 Calx Real Icon - Zen" theme? I've just today redownloaded it after getting a new Blackberry.
    06-15-09 05:39 AM
    Without being infront of my 'proper' PC I can't say for sure, but I think that the image specified for the caller screen is specified seperately. Despite the fact on the original Bold theme the same image has been used. I.E if you change your homescreen on Precision Silver for example you still get the Blue Black gradiant during calls.

Can't be sure but I think that's the case.

I'm making a wishlist for Version 2 at the moment, and working on a new "dark" theme.
    When is the projected date for the "dark" theme to be avialable?
    06-15-09 07:06 AM
    I bought the theme when it first came out. I really like the design...but the font size is just to damn small for me. I have to strain to see the text and that is WITH my bifocals on!
    06-15-09 07:10 AM
    I bought both themes when released ..I would like to see a today plus ( so when you scroll thru sms,email,calendar ,ect) it shows on the homescreen , also the menus Font size bigger , also a diffrent color scheme then the silver and blue..aside from that the icons are sick and sharp..can't wait till the update...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 08:20 AM
    Hi all,

nothin2seehere: version 1 is the current one for sale, although free upgrades to all future versions of 'Real Icon' are available just from purchasing version 1. A list of the changes in version 2.0 can be found below.

balla459: I dont have a final date - i'm just rounding up a few people to help test it before I put it up, while I'm doing the conversion for curve and storm.

Dr Jerry: I have fixed the size issues for version 2.0 - I think you'll be much happier with the chosen point size.

jsanta11: Thanks for your comments, and thanks for agreeing to test the new ones.

Here's a list of what's new in version 2 - and I'll add screenshots as soon as I'm convinced it's all final and the testers reckon it's all good.

1 - Charging Indicator
    2 - Numerical read-outs for Meters on Home and Menu screen.
    3 - Larger point sizes on fonts
    4 - Smoother and quicker dock scrolling with XY remaining XY (Today Plus versions)
    5 - 65% transparent header for more "background friendly" look.
    6 - Larger point size on clock.
    7 - Profile Icon on home screen.
    8 - "Incoming/Outgoing/Missed" Icons replaced on Call Logs screen.
    9 - Better arrangement of icons on initial installation.
    10 - Swapped Home screen Calendar and Messages (Today version)
    11 - New steel texture on "Settings" icon for better visibility.

Once again, thank you all so much for buying and thanks for your support and feedback generally - if there's anything else you would like to see in version 2.0 the please post here and I'll add it if it's possible.

I hope you'll all like the dark theme just as much!

Cheers all

Dave
    06-16-09 08:54 AM
    need help getting a link to reload.

Thank you
    06-16-09 10:52 PM
    need help getting a link to reload.

Thank you
    Just send me an email from the address you supplied on purchase and i'll sort it out for you.
    06-17-09 03:21 AM
    This theme has got to be one of the most clean and simple, yet sharp and crisp. I can't wait for the updated versions, and the dark version. I'm curious to know if you're providing a dark zen version. I like the zen version and the small font you used. Thanks for your hard work.
    06-17-09 03:37 AM
    As promised, here's some screenshots of v2. (Zen version)

Demonstrates new "background friendly" transparent header design:

And with original blue.

06-17-09 05:52 AM
    Thanks for all your support all:

here's a link to the WIP of the next one:

http://www.calx.co.uk/themes/com_pla...me_dark_01.jad
    06-22-09 08:22 PM
    awwesome, i prefer the today theme being that my life revolves around the schedules on my phone, but great job bro
    06-22-09 10:57 PM
    Thanks, I agree with you too - "Today" themes are the only way my life has any sort of organisation
    06-23-09 06:21 AM
    calx,

any eta on v2? i downloaded v1 yesterday for my storm and it is nice but definitely needs work. i pm'ed you some bugs / ideas but never got a reply. after paying $7 for a theme i kind of expect support for the current versions before you go on to expanding to every blackberry model / begin making new themes. it's only slightly usable on the storm how it is now. i want to like it and think v2 looks much improved already (on the bold at least) but after less than 12 hours with it i switched back to my old theme from the past 2 months (enso levitation). hopefully in the near future i can make real icons zen my default theme.

max
    06-23-09 10:53 AM
    Just bought the Today theme - nice!
    Personally I'd like the option of having the bottom row of icons, sort of mix between the two themes, cal and messages but with icons for most used.
    06-23-09 10:54 AM
    calx,

any eta on v2? i downloaded v1 yesterday for my storm and it is nice but definitely needs work. i pm'ed you some bugs / ideas but never got a reply. after paying $7 for a theme i kind of expect support for the current versions before you go on to expanding to every blackberry model / begin making new themes. it's only slightly usable on the storm how it is now. i want to like it and think v2 looks much improved already (on the bold at least) but after less than 12 hours with it i switched back to my old theme from the past 2 months (enso levitation). hopefully in the near future i can make real icons zen my default theme.

max
    My apologies, I never saw that I had a PM I'll respond ASAP, and sort out any bugs at the earliest possible opportunity.
    06-23-09 11:45 AM
    My apologies, I never saw that I had a PM I'll respond ASAP, and sort out any bugs at the earliest possible opportunity.
    thanks. look forward to see what you do with this theme.
    06-23-09 12:03 PM
    bought it, deleted it..
    06-23-09 01:01 PM
    Read it, forgot it..

Way to go with constructive posting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 01:25 PM
    Hi,

I just bought this theme and love it, but how can i get the top bar to be "friendly" transparent or black?

Thanks !

Edit: Will we be able to upgrade to v2 ( that has the friendlier background) for free?
    Last edited by blackberrycubed; 06-23-09 at 02:24 PM.
    06-23-09 02:17 PM
    It's nearly ready, I have a load of people testing it at the moment - I want it to be perfect when it goes out.
    06-23-09 03:21 PM
    This is lovely! Thanks so much we heart you
    ~Jadii
    06-23-09 03:46 PM
    Thanks for the update, I hope we can get a free upgrade to it since we just bought it
    06-23-09 03:47 PM
    Of course, free updates for purchasing version 1
    06-23-09 03:52 PM
    Very nice!! I like it- very clean looking.
    06-23-09 04:27 PM
    Very nice!! I like it- very clean looking.
    Thanks very much, it's really nice to get such positive feedback.
    06-23-09 05:03 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD