Hi,
    New to this (notice the noob)

Tried to find a stargate theme for my bold 9000 with no joy so joined this to find out how to make one, Played around with some silly ones first and now started a stargate one was just hoping for some Opinions

OTA

Virtual Yodas BB Downloads - Bold 9000

All finished Comments Please
    Last edited by Virtual Yoda; 05-05-10 at 03:30 AM.
    04-25-10 05:50 PM
    Here is the guide that taught me.

forums.crackberry.com/f115/composer-hints-tips-145215

like the images btw
    04-25-10 09:30 PM
    Thanks mate,
    Will look and change theme and then repost a screen shot,
    04-26-10 03:02 AM
    Thanks Mate that guide did the job changed it a little now though cause the chevrons were off on the first one, Sample below if intrested.

just making my own icons then done maybe with a tweek here or there.
    04-26-10 06:10 PM
    297 views, Opinions please,,,,,,,
    04-26-10 06:19 PM
    297 views, Opinions please,,,,,,,
    Hi Yoda, it is a very nice theme however this particular forum is to be used when posting the finished product for public use. Instead please post in the Theme Builder's forum where you would most likely get greater feedback.

But again brilliant so far and keep up the good work.
    04-26-10 08:28 PM
    AH , Yea knew that was testing you

Lol thanks,
    04-27-10 02:50 AM
    Liking the looks of this theme, will this be a os 4 or 5 theme?.... Any thoughts about also doing the first two stargates SG1 and Atlantis..... Looking at this got me back into fixing up my Serenity theme, I stopped developing the os4 version thats already on the site since I upgraded to a willyboy os5 and should be putting up the better os5 version in about a month after I work out some of the bugs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 03:30 AM
    Cool thats all i wanted was another opinion, So i knew i was on the right track,

is in os 4 at the min,
    (but if i knew how you could change it i would do it on 5 too)

Am already doing a Atlantis one same idea (ISH) but having trouble with the shiel for the iris at the min thats why there is not one on here, Never looks as good as the iris

SG1 not looked at yet but i will i would think.

Should be finished over weekend,

Got all the sybols of the gate as icons with the text below so you know what they are.

Anything you think would look cool let me know and ill add it in a copy and post to you.

Thanks
    05-01-10 11:47 AM
    NEED HELP,

Nearly done this theme but been testing it and the home screen icons dont show new email/sms notification, ???????????????????? they were made in composer, 50 x 50
    05-01-10 02:03 PM
    Assuming you are using OS 4.6, that is normal and a bug in the OS.
    05-01-10 02:37 PM
    Cool well im great cause i fixed it, lol

well i cheated,

i assumed it was something i had done when i made the theme buttons in composer,

So i loaded the sample jscroll file
    changed the bitmaps to the size i wanted
    rearraged them how i wanted
    exported loaded

all fine

lol

But i really do thank you for your help hope my work around will help you
    05-01-10 03:34 PM
    You'll need to download the os5 simulator off bb to test it on that... Whatever simulator you use will mean that its been designed for that os... Don't just rely on the simulator for testing cause that's what I did for my first one and it didn't turn out the best, you should always test the theme on your own bb for a couple of weeks before posting it to find the little bugs and if you need a os5 beta tester let me know or put a post in the forum for some testers. I should start learning how to work composer cause I done all my icons using adobe photoshop (I never bothered reading any howto's before I started) and I'm thinking or doing a more complicated theme soon... Here's a idea find the audio file of the stargate making a connection after the chevrons are dialed and make that the msg tone

05-01-10 08:58 PM
    Nice i like that,

Ah i see ok will download os 5 sim and yea send you a copy to have a test of

had this on my phone for about a week now found a bug or two guess you always will,

Nearly finished the icons did all mine in fireworks did the theme buttons in composer and selected divice application order as the action, the uploaded the icon png into theme builder,

Got around the new message idicator,

should be up tommorow, all going well.

Thanks for the os 5 help.
    05-02-10 07:10 AM
    All finished os 4 for now. OTA at the top aswell

Http://www.virtual-yoda.co.uk/Bold

05-04-10 04:15 AM
    Just downloaded it for a look around.

First thoughts (not sure if its just cause I'm using os5) but icon navigation could be a bit better, found it tricky getting around the icons on the homescreen because of the small writing and only being able to switch icons by going up and down. Marking do not create default link using one step in navigation history and show preview will help you with this.

I would add in more chevron icons to the app screen and add a highlighted or modded version instead of using the standard highlighted icons and remove the sounds icon and put the application name banner on the homescreen in its place. Last thing I can think of is removing the name from each icon for a cleaner look.

All in all this is quite a good theme

05-04-10 07:44 AM
    Cool thanks for the input,
    Navigation was done on purpose so it was going around the stargate, But i can see this being anoying

(sounds) do you mean the profiles Icon?

I looked at taking away the text from the icons but thought i would make it hard to figure out what apps they were,

How about having the symbol as the main icon and the focus icon the ones with the text?

Will add app banner name and have two ota links for people that feel the same
    Thanks

onl
    Last edited by Virtual Yoda; 05-04-10 at 09:04 AM.
    05-04-10 08:19 AM
    Added a second ota includes app name banner and more sybol icons,

http://virtual-yoda.co.uk/Bold

Choose second link titled
    Stargate Universe With Application Banner, And Horizontal Navigation .JAD

Let me know please.
    05-04-10 11:04 AM
    Much easier to navigate now and the homescreen retains the feel of the theme with the new focus icons

05-04-10 08:24 PM
    Cool thanks for taking the time to post back.
    05-05-10 03:15 AM
    Looks great, glad the walkthrough helped.
    05-08-10 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD