11-23-09 05:38 AM
29 12
tools
    Theme is all finished. Been a long 2 weeks getting it finished and tweaked perfectly.

BlissBerry XP for BlackBerry Bold
    Operating system: 4.6+
    Platform: BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Price: $5.00

Features:

* Complete Windows XP look and feel.
    * Customized theme icons.
    * 10 home screen icons. 9 of them are customizable, 1 is for a weather slot (place weather icon in 10th icon position from application menu).

Buy from Mobihand
    Last edited by Krynj; 05-05-09 at 12:53 PM.
    04-20-09 05:59 PM
    if you put custom icons on this theme its going to be a hit, along with making the battery and signal smaller.

cant wait!

Chase
    04-20-09 06:18 PM
    i like the theme just the way it is. Keep the fonts big along with the big icons ..
    04-20-09 06:56 PM
    I'm probably going to make 3 different versions, with varying signal/battery size, and home screen icon layout.
    04-20-09 09:16 PM
    Looks pretty tight so far, custom icons or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 09:18 PM
    very good job, really close to xp's looks. probably the most realistic system theme I've seen so far. those icons look fine, but there are a lot (and I mean a lot) of windows icons at vistaicons.com.
    04-20-09 11:23 PM
    Got almost half of the icons replaced. Calling it a day for now.

04-21-09 01:35 AM
    very nice! try any smaller icons yet?
    04-21-09 11:59 AM
    I might make the icons about 10-15px smaller. They are pretty big. As I mentioned above, I might make a few different versions, with varying icon size and icon layout.

I've thought about posting the OTA, but, it's still unfinished, so, it's not 100% perfect yet.
    04-21-09 12:39 PM
    Wow man, that looks great!
    04-21-09 12:41 PM
    yea, makin' the icons a bit smaller would work! Looks good
    04-21-09 02:35 PM
    The icons are still 80x80, which is the same exact size as the default icons, it's just that more of the canvas is taken up because there's no transparency on the icons. I'll see what I can come up with.
    04-21-09 04:27 PM
    Very nice theme but I agree with Krynj. A bit smaller icon will be great.

04-22-09 06:25 AM
    Getting close to done now. Have a few more icons to change around. I've been using this theme as I work on it for the last week, and I got to say, it's quite nice. The home screen is nice and snappy. Can't wait to get it finished.

Some new screens:
    Image quality may not be great, since MSpaint JPG saving is fail.

I don't usually have much time to work on it, but I've been adding small details here and there, such as custom profile icons, etc, etc.
    04-25-09 01:19 PM
    This looks so slick so far. I can't wait to test it out! Awesome work
    04-25-09 05:10 PM
    Any Update on this theme?

Will it be free?

Thanks.

-Rich
    04-27-09 04:49 PM
    Theme is almost ready. Good chance it will be finished later today. It's done as of now, I'm just adding a few small details here and there.

Since I've put a great deal of time and effort into this, I've set a price of $5 for this theme.
    04-27-09 05:07 PM
    so far so good Krynj...
    04-27-09 06:30 PM
    All finished. First post updated.
    04-27-09 10:26 PM
    AWESOME Theme!!! Can't wait to buy it.
    04-29-09 01:42 AM
    It's for sale now on MobiHand. Simply follow the link at the bottom of the first post.

04-29-09 01:54 AM
    Just purchased ...loving the look and smoothness of the theme..congrats you got a hot seller...I saw that a today version was coming...( Any possibilities that it can be a today plus style) & making the arrows smaller ( I believe there called the loading arrows)...No matter what am loving the theme looks sick on my bold...
    Thanks and keep them coming..

04-29-09 02:19 AM
    Wow, many thanks for your feedback! Definitely means a lot.

Today theme will be on the way eventually. Might take a few weeks, since I like to put a lot of work into my themes. Want to make sure I'm completely satisfied with it before selling it. Can't work on it too much right now, as I'm graduating from college next week, so I have to force myself to focus on finals.

Thanks again for your feedback though. Your comments will be considered for the today and today plus versions.
    04-29-09 02:37 AM
    let me just say this is a great theme. i have been using this theme since i first saw it for sale on the the Crackberry store, and it has been wonderful. how wonderful in fact? i signed up on these forums just to leave this feedback! what a great community this is!

i have used a lot of custom themes before, and i always found myself going back to the default theme for some reason or another. with blissberry xp, i am completely satisfied. it doesn't wear on the battery at all! nor does the home screen lag at all as some other custom themes do. i have been using this theme for almost a week, and i havent had to do a battery pull once! the icons are nice and vibrant, and the 10 customizable homescreen icons is a huge plus. this is what the default theme should be on all bolds!

my wife asks me every day if the developers have made a 8900 version yet. we are hoping they do.

thanks for this great theme. well worth the money.
    05-03-09 03:54 AM
    Wow, thanks for that post above. What a vote of confidence.

Many thanks to all who have purchased it so far. Your feedback has been great. After this week (my final week of college, hooraay!), I'll have plenty of time to finish up the Today Plus theme. And yes, to answer many of your PM's at once, I will be releasing this theme for other BlackBerry models. I will keep this thread updated with new screen shots and info as often as I can.

Again, many thanks for everybody's feedback and downloads.

Buy BlissBerry XP Theme from the CrackBerry store.
    05-05-09 12:50 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD