This is my take on a version of Vista released by Blackberry.

As fate would have it, I see another theme maker has just released his version of an XP theme. I hope the differences are enough not to cause any controversy.

The buttons in the quick launch area of the taskbar are fixed and cannot be moved. My intentions for the two full sized buttons in the side bar area where meant for third party programs. You'll notice the text to the left of the weather and tellme app are fixed, or always on. Instead of a focus ring, I have a pointer for navigation when you scroll.

Not counting the browser, messages, and address book, there are 7 movable buttons for the home screen. the two side bar buttons will be #6 and #7.

The "Start Menu" button is actually an application menu button. Its a functioning button, basically there for effect, notice the BlackBerry Logo.

The taskbar and side bar are permanent. They will remain even if you change the background. Also true for the lock screen.

The app menu is NOT permanent and will change if you change the homescreen image. I'm sorry but there was nothing I could do to overcome this. I did make the underlay under the buttons clear. They are actually kind of attractive when you change backgrounds, as they inherit the colors of the background.

Though this is more for novelty than for function, I tried to make it as functional as possible.

The menu pop ups, and dialog buttons are also customized.

I hope you guys like it.

Vista OTA Download
    02-27-09 08:52 AM
    I just saw this and am a bit surprised there are no responses.
    This seems quite inovative! It looks very well thought out.

Great job and thanks for sharing it.
    02-27-09 02:50 PM
    very nice and clean theme, thanks for posting it.
    02-27-09 09:42 PM
    good looking theme...
    02-27-09 09:43 PM
    this is a vista theme i like....

impressive

thanks
    02-27-09 09:54 PM
    Liking the theme thanx for this creation..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:56 PM
    great looking theme
    02-27-09 10:00 PM
    Sweet theme.
    Thanks man.

02-28-09 05:02 AM
    Downlaoded and in use REALLY crisp nice theme. Thanks

02-28-09 11:42 AM

As fate would have it, I see another theme maker has just released his version of an XP theme. I hope the differences are enough not to cause any controversy.

The buttons in the quick launch area of the taskbar are fixed and cannot be moved. My intentions for the two full sized buttons in the side bar area where meant for third party programs. You'll notice the text to the left of the weather and tellme app are fixed, or always on. Instead of a focus ring, I have a pointer for navigation when you scroll.

Not counting the browser, messages, and address book, there are 7 movable buttons for the home screen. the two side bar buttons will be #6 and #7.

The "Start Menu" button is actually an application menu button. Its a functioning button, basically there for effect, notice the BlackBerry Logo.

The taskbar and side bar are permanent. They will remain even if you change the background. Also true for the lock screen.

The app menu is NOT permanent and will change if you change the homescreen image. I'm sorry but there was nothing I could do to overcome this. I did make the underlay under the buttons clear. They are actually kind of attractive when you change backgrounds, as they inherit the colors of the background.

Though this is more for novelty than for function, I tried to make it as functional as possible.

I hope you guys like it.

Vista OTA Download

i like this theme a lot. i was wondering if you can tweek somethings for me if possible. i was wondering if we can change some of the colors up
    02-28-09 03:19 PM
    Thanks for the compliments everyone!

HYPHYRR, what did you have in mind?
    03-03-09 10:42 PM
    Thanks for the compliments everyone!

HYPHYRR, what did you have in mind?

i PMed you sir....thank you
    03-04-09 09:40 AM
    I will have to say out of all the themes I have downloaded in the last year this has got to be my favorite; Thank you.
    03-10-09 09:37 PM
    loving this theme and downloading now!!!
    03-11-09 02:56 PM
    This is one of the best lookin themes I've used in a long time. Keep up the good work
    03-12-09 08:45 AM
    It is very well done. I've been using it for a little bit and I'm impressed.

The only thing I noticed was if you do change the wallpaper to one of your own, the application name does not appear on the app screen.
    When I left the default wallpaper, the app screen has the cool windows look and the application name is in the bottom but once you change the WP, application name goes away.
    Anyone else experience that.

Great work on this theme!
    03-12-09 11:01 AM
    Hi Scott - just building a theme for myself - how do you get the Icons to look like you do? I only get the unbounded icons on my homescreen - is there some trick I need to follow?
    Thanks
    04-07-09 02:16 AM
    I like it nice!!
    04-09-09 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the theme. It's too bad the browser, message and calendar buttons cannot be swapped for something else.
    04-09-09 02:53 PM

I hope you guys like it.

Vista OTA Download
    Sorry man , i'm a newbie on a Bold, can you tell me how to install this theme that i really admire...its looking great.... cheers mate
    04-09-09 03:00 PM
    Click on the link from the BB browser and it will download to your phone. Go into "Options" and then "Theme" and it should be in there.
    04-09-09 04:56 PM
    Hi Scott - just building a theme for myself - how do you get the Icons to look like you do? I only get the unbounded icons on my homescreen - is there some trick I need to follow?
    Thanks

Hi kp,

The icons and the underlay are products of photoshop, and lots of sweet tea.

The taskbar, taskbar buttons, and side bar was photoshop and then plazmic composer.

If you have any specif questions, post here or pm me. I'm glad to help.

04-11-09 02:49 AM
    It's a great looking theme but I think most folks like to see different icons than the stock BB ones. I know that's a dealbreaker for me.

04-12-09 09:40 AM
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the offer - went the route of sweat and brainpower (it hurts) but figured the whole thing out with composer, PSP and Themebuilder.
    Cheers
    04-16-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD