View Poll Results: How many of you use/need the Weather slot?

Voters
426. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it

315 73.94%
  • No, I do not need it

111 26.06%
07-14-10 02:43 AM
183 1234 ...
tools
    Can anyone tell me where I could find a free weather app that displays the temp. on the screen. Love this theme, but I dont have anything to put up in the right corner lol
    05-17-09 12:07 PM
    I minor detail! :/ The SMS notification icon is a bit to small. Can barely see it lol
    05-17-09 12:20 PM
    What a wondeful theme!

Absolutely crisp and stylish..

Works great as well! Will keep this one on for a long time!

Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 02:04 PM
    Agreed. I would like to see the appointments as well. By the way how do How do you get the appointments to show on the home screen like the picture at the beginning of this thread?
    You can see appts by scrollong over the calendar icon.
    No need to have them permanantly displayed.

05-17-09 03:02 PM
    looks hot ! Im excited bout the pink.. LOVE LOVE LOVE that its a hidden today. Only thing i could suggest is, something someone already did, but maybe more icons(scrolling style).
    05-17-09 03:11 PM
    Can anyone tell me where I could find a free weather app that displays the temp. on the screen. Love this theme, but I dont have anything to put up in the right corner lol
    Weather Eye is free. I assume they have it for the 9000. I use Berry Weather. Well worth the $10.

I minor detail! :/ The SMS notification icon is a bit to small. Can barely see it lol
    Hmmmm. Too small. I will see what I can do.
    05-17-09 03:27 PM
    I updated the theme with some user suggestions. Let me know if its better.
    05-17-09 04:17 PM
    You can see appts by scrollong over the calendar icon.
    No need to have them permanantly displayed.

When I scroll over the calender icon it bounces but no appointments show up.
    05-17-09 04:39 PM
    Use the same OTA link to download the updated version?
    05-17-09 04:43 PM
    Wow!!! This theme looks amazing!!

05-17-09 05:04 PM
    Updated version works perfect great work.
    05-17-09 06:49 PM
    Not sure if its theme related or app related, but I am using weatherbug in the weather slot. It doesn't seem to refresh on homescreen, but once you go to bb menu and/or highlight the app, it then refreshes the status on the homescreen.

05-17-09 07:11 PM
    Not sure if its theme related or app related, but I am using weatherbug in the weather slot. It doesn't seem to refresh on homescreen, but once you go to bb menu and/or highlight the app, it then refreshes the status on the homescreen.

This is a theme related issue. The theme developer must have text on the weather slot that fades out. As an example, Ecruz has done this in his Win7 and HTC theme for people that use Berryweather or Weatherbug.

Last edited by tellsells; 05-17-09 at 07:37 PM.
    05-17-09 07:26 PM
    Another thing I've found; I used my own wallpaper, and it looked great on the home page, but when I hit the blackberry key to go to the next page, the icons in the theme are very transparent and don't show up well. I know on the stock themes, your wallpaper only shows up on the home screen, it would be nice if this one worked the same way.
    05-17-09 10:42 PM
    This is a theme related issue. The theme developer must have text on the weather slot that fades out. As an example, Ecruz has done this in his Win7 and HTC theme for people that use Berryweather or Weatherbug.

OK so help me out here since I do not own a 9000. Are you saying that if WB has the text up permanently, that the icon won't update? That's sounds a little weird. It certainly doesn't act like that on my storm. The reason for the text staying on there is so you can glance at it and see the temp. But I don't understand why WB wouldn't update its icon if the text doesn't fade out???? Can someone confirm?
    05-18-09 09:23 AM
    on the today preview for the calendar, the event and location overlap, and the app names seem to get cut off when an icon is highlighted.
    05-18-09 09:30 AM
    I can only confirm that the text stays there and does not update the temperature and/or icon. It only updates when you press the app button and/or highlight the weather app itself.

05-18-09 09:44 AM
    OK so help me out here since I do not own a 9000. Are you saying that if WB has the text up permanently, that the icon won't update? That's sounds a little weird. It certainly doesn't act like that on my storm. The reason for the text staying on there is so you can glance at it and see the temp. But I don't understand why WB wouldn't update its icon if the text doesn't fade out???? Can someone confirm?
    The icon updates perfectly but the text does not until you go back to the app screen and scroll over the icon and then go back to the homescreen. This is a RIM problem as text does not update on the homescreen. Berryweather and WB both work well, as the icon updates with the temperature as part of the icon, and there is no need for text.
    05-18-09 09:49 AM
    the weather not updating is common with themes on os 4.6, I'll be damned if I can't figure out why. on some it does, on some it doesn't.

I really like this theme, it does look professional and slick. the bouncing icons isn't really my thing though, and I like being able to scroll up/down to go left/right too but that's just me being picky. but everything else looks good. it was going a little slow after the install but a reboot fixed it.
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-18-09 at 10:06 AM.
    05-18-09 10:03 AM
    Nice work!
    05-18-09 10:35 AM
    Well done. I want this in orange. Will donate!
    05-18-09 02:12 PM
    I can only confirm that the text stays there and does not update the temperature and/or icon. It only updates when you press the app button and/or highlight the weather app itself.

The icon updates perfectly but the text does not until you go back to the app screen and scroll over the icon and then go back to the homescreen. This is a RIM problem as text does not update on the homescreen. Berryweather and WB both work well, as the icon updates with the temperature as part of the icon, and there is no need for text.
    the weather not updating is common with themes on os 4.6, I'll be damned if I can't figure out why. on some it does, on some it doesn't.

I really like this theme, it does look professional and slick. the bouncing icons isn't really my thing though, and I like being able to scroll up/down to go left/right too but that's just me being picky. but everything else looks good. it was going a little slow after the install but a reboot fixed it.
    So it sounds like I might be better off taking of the wetherbug slot. What do you guys think? Sorry I'm used to theming for the storm and this is my first venture into other phones.

Poll added.
    Last edited by Natemz; 05-18-09 at 02:33 PM.
    05-18-09 02:22 PM
    All you have to do is make the weather icon with text that fades out. This seems to be the fix that most of the other good themes are doing.
    I would also suggest that you make the weather icon transparent rather than with the black background.
    FYI, I won't use a theme that does not have a designated weather slot.
    05-18-09 03:54 PM
    So it sounds like I might be better off taking of the wetherbug slot. What do you guys think? Sorry I'm used to theming for the storm and this is my first venture into other phones.

Poll added.
    well, I think the weather slot is great. maybe just not putting the text above it at all... personally I can do fine with reading it on the main status text. on some themes I've seen and made I have to go to the apps screen and then back to the home screen so it will update, the icon itself will update but the text doesn't. very few themes have I ever been able to get it to update properly, but I'm not sure if that's the theme's fault or something I messed up or what.
    05-18-09 04:22 PM
    any chance of a pearl version? id be more than happy to pay or donate!
    05-18-09 06:04 PM
183 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD