hi there all, i have been making themes for quite a few months now, however i have just been informed that some of my (and others) themes are being posted on other forums, which hasnt been agreed or more to the point i havent even been contacted (i expect the same for all others too) so from right now i have removed all themes from my server, but i shall however be placing them on Mobihands SECURE site (available through shopcrackberry.com) and then placing the links to them in the posts affected.

firstly i would like to appologise to all for any inconvience this may cause, and i hope there wont be much of a break in availability of themes, but i feel as its my own hard work going into these themes i should have control over which sites post them (i.e only sites, such as CB that i trust)

if you find any dead links in any of my theme posts, please PM me with the post, and i shall endeavour to get it sorted, as im sure i`ll end up missing a theme or two

once again i can only appologise for this, but point the finger squarely who rip off others work. also a great thanks goes to forum member mrtolles for pointing this all out to me

thanks
    dave
    10-09-09 03:38 PM
    I too have found many of my themes posted on other forums..
    10-09-09 04:32 PM
    Indeed, they do appear in other websites, nonetheless, all of the ones I've seen point to the correct servers and do credit the theme makers. I have yet to see one "pirating" any themes and credit themselves. I guess I am only visiting ethical sites.
    Just one question, are you going to sell all of your themes?
    10-09-09 05:46 PM
    Indeed, they do appear in other websites, nonetheless, all of the ones I've seen point to the correct servers and do credit the theme makers. I have yet to see one "pirating" any themes and credit themselves. I guess I am only visiting ethical sites.
    Just one question, are you going to sell all of your themes?
    haha, yes i think your only visiting ethical sites!! the OTA link wasnt to my servers, and somehow they had created a desktop download too (i had only posted OTA version)

and to answer the question, some are sold at cost, some will be free, but all will ONLY be available through cb app store. so you wont lose out pricewise as if it was/ is going to be free, it still will be.
    10-09-09 06:01 PM
    I appreciate all of the theme making efforts of all of you have put forward over the past few months. I agree that you should protect your work, especially since a lot of them are posted for free and updates and continued work are put into them. So thank you and do not feel that you have to apologize!
    10-09-09 07:46 PM
    I guess I am naive. Thanks for the explanation and thinking we are still living in an ethical world! LOL I need to snap to reality. Kudos for you for protecting your work.
    10-09-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD