Can someone please guide me through installing applications & themes on my Bold
    I have downloaded .jad files for applications and themes to my PC but when I go to install themusing DM > Application Loader > Add / Remove Applications > Browse > Open, the file does not show until I select All Files.
    When I click on the .jad file I get an Error Message up saying 'No additional applications designed for your device were found'
    What am I missing and where do I go from here?
    TIA
    JoMo
    03-07-09 08:33 AM
    jad files can only be downloaded using your BB's browser.

Alx files are the ones you download using a PC. You got the process right, just the jad/alx mixup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 08:36 AM
    Many thanks for the reply but I still have a problem in as much as the pages that I can see on my PC for downloads I cannot seem load up on my BB (the links are coming to my PC via emails from a BB Newsgroup on Yahoo Groups BTW).
    So
    Q1/. Assuming I could download these .jad files on my BB, where would they reside and
    Q2/. If I download them to my PC can I copy those over to the BB (as it would seem a quicker option to use the PC internet connection rather than the slower BB connection)
    TIA
    Jomo-Thai
    03-08-09 02:24 PM
    Many thanks for the reply but I still have a problem in as much as the pages that I can see on my PC for downloads I cannot seem load up on my BB (the links are coming to my PC via emails from a BB Newsgroup on Yahoo Groups BTW).
    So
    Q1/. Assuming I could download these .jad files on my BB, where would they reside and
    Q2/. If I download them to my PC can I copy those over to the BB (as it would seem a quicker option to use the PC internet connection rather than the slower BB connection)
    TIA
    Jomo-Thai
    No, the .jad files will install via your BB Browser. If you download a .jad OTA it will prompt you to download/install. You cannot do a .jad install from your PC.
    03-08-09 02:36 PM
    OK, many thanks for taking time to reply
    03-08-09 10:09 PM
    I'm on BES and IT policy won't allow downloading 3rd party software. So I've paid for a theme from Elecite, but can't install it. Any other options?
    03-19-09 03:32 PM
    You should still be able to download the NON-.jad installation file to a computer and install it via DM.
    03-19-09 03:35 PM
    You should still be able to download the NON-.jad installation file to a computer and install it via DM.
    What a great idea! Except Elecite apparently doesn't provide anything other than a.jad file in an email. This is my first transaction with Elecite, and I'm waiting on a reply from their service team to see if there's anything that can be done. If they are unwilling to provide an installable file, then it will be my last transaction with them. I'll consider it a $7 lesson in caveat emptor.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Rob
    03-19-09 04:01 PM
    It is possible to convert the .jad file to .alx.. PM sent.
    03-19-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD