12-11-09 03:59 PM
28 12
tools
    I'm not 100% happy with this one but I thought I'd toss it out for people to play with. The original concept included a semi transparent wave/bar underlining the icons similar to the old PreBerry theme. There is a hidden today portion. The theme itself is pretty basic. Some of the banner item locations were giving me fits. Not liking it totally but it'll work for now.

If anybody does have some photoshop skills to do a wave, let me know. I'll get aroudn to it one of these days. I just need to figure out the best way to do it. My first two attempts weren't very good.

OTA
    07-26-09 08:05 PM
    Nice looking theme! I like the Amélie icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 02:30 AM
    Why its pretty cool. keep at it.
    07-27-09 05:09 AM
    Very nice theme! Thanks for sharing with everyone
    07-27-09 11:45 AM
    I like the look of this. I think I'll give it a try. Really nice effort!
    07-27-09 11:59 AM
    Thanks for posting it, using it right now :3
    07-27-09 02:06 PM
    Someone posted a nice screenshot of this theme with a different background and it looked fantastic. So hopefully we will have a new version with a nice background.

I think it will even eliminate the need for any wave graphic.
    07-27-09 02:34 PM
    Nice theme! Saw it with a different background and it looks great!
    07-27-09 02:55 PM
    Very good job! I like the "smiley" face wave...enough room for th e "today" information. Could you add the ability at the first location for a "Weather" icon? I like the two arrow icons on the icon rather than a transparent one...much easier for my eyes to find which icon I am on....keep up the good work!
    07-27-09 05:55 PM
    New version with a new background. I'm using one of the HTC backgrounds that I found. I'm still using the stich pattern but I have 3 different colors. Orange for apps, blue for active call, red for incoming call. Not sure how I feel about it but for now, it works.

I also got rid of the clock banner background. I'm going to need some feedback on whether we need it back and what flavor to bring it back as. I'm thinking if it comes back it will be a 50% faded black area with a white border. But I'll be honest it looks great with the default background.

You can move the weather app into any of the first 10 slots. I have been moving mine between slot 1 and slot 10. The only icon slots that are "special" are the bottom ones for the today feature. The other slots will work but you cannot navigate up to it. Side effect of the smiley. I may tinker with the navigation a little bit to allow you to navigate to the sides FROM the today area but that may cause issues.
    07-27-09 08:07 PM
    Love the theme. It's surprisingly easy to find WP's that go with it, and it looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.
    07-28-09 12:49 PM
    I didn't realize the grey top banner came back. Should I keep it or should I eliminate it?
    07-28-09 03:10 PM
    I hate that grey top banner so if you got rid of it I would not complain.
    07-28-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah, I hate the banner, too.
    07-28-09 03:55 PM
    You know, this is neither here nor there because I love the theme the way it is, but have you ever thought about moving each icon just slightly to the left so that the "middle icon" (in your screenshots it's the calendar) is centered under the time (which would work out well because there would be an equal amount of icons on either side of it), then making the "profiles" icon a little bigger to match the size of the rest of the icons? You could even make it user customizable so that they could choose to have it as profiles or not.
    07-28-09 04:06 PM
    I had originally conceived it as a wavey thing. It is not quite working out that way.
    Let me fix the banner first and then I will look at the icon placement.
    07-28-09 05:25 PM
    Will this theme work for the 8900?
    07-28-09 05:37 PM
    sick theme, the customers love it
    07-28-09 06:19 PM
    Second update is better than the first. It doesn't matter to me about the banner problem. It seems to look great as is.
    07-28-09 06:21 PM
    New version to play with. The changes:
    new clock banner half semicircle that is transparent grey with transparent white border. Looks good with a black wallpaper and looked decent with other wallpapers I was playing with.
    New graphic for the Today area. Same transparent grey but I added a thin transparent white line at the bottom to help with those using a black background. (I was having fits and simply gave up because I couldn't consistantly figure out where I was.)
    changed the navigation of the #4 icon (tasks in my screenshots). It now goes to the icon above instead of the today area. It seemed to flow better but that can be changed back if the demand is there.
    right/left navigation OUT of the today area. I think it takes you to icons #2 and #10. I got tired of having to scroll all the way down to get out of my calendar items. Laziness on my part.

Tell me what you all think.

I briefly looked at making it symetric and I think I would have to nuke the profiles icon completely and only have 10 icons total to do it. I will work on this some more and see what I can come up with.
    07-28-09 08:29 PM
    Will this theme work for the 8900?
    Almost forgot to answer this. At this time, I only do themes for the Bold. Maybe as I progress with my theme building I may venture outside my little box. I discover I really need to use it on a device for a couple days to get a feel for navigation and layouts. I'm not sure about doing a theme "blind". There is only so much you can do with a simulator.
    07-28-09 08:32 PM
    nice keeep it up...
    08-02-09 12:20 PM
    Not a fan, and whats with the amelie picture?
    08-02-09 01:42 PM
    Really like this theme. The only change I might request would be to highlight the icons. Those two little arrows are hard to see behind some icons. Another option you might consider would be to have the icon "jump" when its scrolled over.
    I ditched a paid theme to put this on my phone.
    08-02-09 02:18 PM
    I love this theme! It's become my new favorite. The only change I would suggest is changing the SMS/MMS icon...I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind using an Amelie icon, but it's a bit confusing since it looks a lot like the mail icon so when i'm in a rush, I usually select it instead of the mail icon. Otherwise, it's a great theme.
    08-04-09 09:36 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD