Developer: JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com

7 Day SALE!

Genesis for the STORM/BOLD/8900/8350i/Curves/8800s/Pearls

In conjunction with the Crackberry Team we have decided to run a 7 Day SALE Event for the Genesis and my TOP 5 Selling themes (Real iBerry Blocks Custom L, Storm Today Plus, Cipher SideBar Xtreme, Bold Today Plus, EGO) on Crackberry!

NOTE: Sorry for the confusion the price below is for one any of the themes listed above.

Day 1 - $3 for the Genesis and my TOP 5 themes
    Day 2/3 - $4 for the Genesis and my TOP 5 themes
    Day 4/5 - $5 for the Genesis and my TOP 5 themes
    Day 6/7 - $6 for the Genesis and my TOP 5 themes

Storm ScreenShot

BOLD/8900 ScreenShot

Curve/8800 ScreenShot

Curve 8350i

Pearl 8100s ScreenShot

Get The GENESIS here

Cheers

John
    JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
    JC Designs Blackberry Themes
    Last edited by JC_Designs-Gadgetbean.com; 04-07-09 at 12:43 AM.
    04-06-09 01:22 PM
    Ill check these out on my MacBook later, but I'm very interested

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 05:45 PM
    Seventeen customizable icons on the Bold home screen? Hubba hubba. Just waiting for my download link. Nice deal on the sale, too, great promotion.

Two of my favorite themes are yours so I'm excited to try out a new one. *claps*
    04-06-09 11:52 PM
    Thanks for the kind words and support! There are no regrets with this one especially at the Sale Prices!

Cheers

John
    www.gadgetbean.com
    04-07-09 12:44 AM
    Nice theme, but John, I sent you an email a few weeks ago and you never got back to me. This is the 2nd time you failed to reply to my email immediately. Last time I had to email you 5 times and used the contact form on your website before you finally replied, stating that there was a problem with your email system. Are you having a problem with your email system again this time around? I think not? Is this what you call good customer service?
    04-07-09 11:45 AM
    I had the same issue with JC Designs. I had a question regarding a theme that I purchased and he acknowledged my question right away and said he would get back to me. That was over 4 weeks ago and still no response. I have purchased his themes before but his lack of response will make me look elsewhere.
    04-07-09 11:58 AM
    I appologize for the experience both of you are having.

Those of you that have issues with my response on email, please go ahead and PM me here, and yes I am still having lost emails thru Godaddy and I am moving my server elsewhere once my new site is completed.

Also for font sizes or any customizations of my themes right now, I simply am not accepting any new requests right now due to all the issues I am currently having.

Thanks,

John
    JC Designs Blackberry Themes
    04-07-09 12:14 PM
    Nice! Based on the BOLD/8900 one, you really need to check your emails
    04-07-09 12:20 PM
    What does this mean?

Nice! Based on the BOLD/8900 one, you really need to check your emails
    I just installed this theme today and my only comment so far is sometimes the white font on certain screens is hard to read.

-Rich
    04-07-09 01:37 PM
    Maybe Danica needs a new sponsor.

Although I hate buying themes, this one was too good to pass up.
    Last edited by woodman500; 04-07-09 at 07:00 PM.
    04-07-09 06:51 PM
    I purchased and installed the Genesis theme today and it really looks nice. I especially like the extra icons. I was hoping you (John) would make a minor change so that when I scroll over an icon, a dark outline surrounds my selection. I was outside today and it was hard for me to tell which icon was currently selected. I tried changing the background image also but It didn't help.

Thanks for giving this your consideration.

Will you alert current buyers if a new version becomes available?

Thanks.

-Rich
    04-07-09 07:34 PM
    Hi John,

I purchased your Genesis theme today and am very pleased with it. The design is fantastic, and I am very happy that you chose a good font.

I had one question though. I have my SMS/MMS box separate from my Messages box, so (on the main screen) when I hover over the SMS/MMS icon, it displays my texts. However, the texts it displays are from a few days ago, and even when I get new texts, the new texts do not show in that SMS/MMS preview pane on the main screen.

Any idea how to fix this? Thank you.

Or does anyone else in this forum know how to fix this?
    04-07-09 08:03 PM
    Purchased Cipher SideBar Xtreme for the bold yesterday. Great theme
    04-08-09 03:18 AM
    I purchased and installed the Genesis theme today and it really looks nice. I especially like the extra icons. I was hoping you (John) would make a minor change so that when I scroll over an icon, a dark outline surrounds my selection. I was outside today and it was hard for me to tell which icon was currently selected. I tried changing the background image also but It didn't help.

Thanks for giving this your consideration.

Will you alert current buyers if a new version becomes available?

Thanks.

-Rich
    Same issue here the contrast, hue and the white font with white background difficult to read outside or anywhere with light
    04-08-09 10:17 PM
    JC Designs - Does this theme have the same issue with weather icons that all of my other themes have had: the current weather temp will not be correct unless you view all of the icons with the Blackberry button then go back to the homescreen? Thanks!
    04-09-09 12:07 AM
    Found an issue with the Barrety meter. The percentage is nice, but is no accurate. Right now it read 90% on the today screen, yet under status it says 80%

04-09-09 04:01 PM
    Found an issue with the Barrety meter. The percentage is nice, but is no accurate. Right now it read 90% on the today screen, yet under status it says 80%
    I had this with a theme I created. When I created a battery % meter it increments in tenths so when it says 90% that is its maximum, an when the % falls to 85 & 80 the status the meter still says
    90. After a couple of minutes on 80 the meter drops to 80%. I think youmay have to accept the % reading is the max and may be 5 to 10% lower. With this knowlage you can easily figure out. When you need to charge it.

Last edited by john.woody; 04-09-09 at 04:24 PM.
    04-09-09 04:20 PM
    John,

I too have had no response from using your website "Contact Us" button.

I know from past experience this is very unlike you. I will PM you also.

A couple of items.

- If I put messages in the top row I do get a today preview of my new messages, but cannot scroll down to access and open the messages properly. Can this be fixed? If not it keeps me from using this theme as my "everyday" go to theme.

- Can you make the top left (currently profiles) icon user selectable so that something like QuickLaunch can be put there? This would be a great addition to the theme.

- Some one else asked for a box around the selected icon. When you go to an icon and then leave the bounce and fading text are gone and it is hard to find where you are.

- White text on the tabs of folders make the name of the folder very difficult to read. Can you make this text either green or blue?

- Time on the 18 icon screen is in white with a white background. Can you make this text either green or blue? Same with the number of messages next to all the message indicators. Text color needs to be made green or blue on this screen. It seems to be blue on the main screen. Can you carry that through?

Love the concept and the ability to scroll through the middle group of icons freely without showing them. I apprecaite your ingenuity in theme design and would like to see this one given these improvements.
    05-12-09 10:47 AM
    Wow - No reply from this thread, a PM and an email through the Gadgetbean website.

Is anyone getting any feedback from John? Love his work, and this is not the typical customer service experience I have had with him.
    05-13-09 12:52 PM
    I know how you feel md

I'm telling you this is not like John and his Team also. He's usually quick in replys and answering questions...I got a few unreturned emails, after that I've never tried to reach out again.
    05-13-09 12:57 PM
    I know how you feel md

I'm telling you this is not like John and his Team also. He's usually quick in replys and answering questions...I got a few unreturned emails, after that I've never tried to reach out again.
    I know - I had great customer service experiences with John when I first bought my Bold and got the Crossbar theme and with Bold Zoom (which is one of my favorite themes). With a few tweeks Genesis would be much better and more functional.
    05-14-09 05:17 AM
    But you gotta understand, John doesn't do this full time, so he probably has a lot of personal stuff to do, give it some time. If he doesn't reply , send him another email.
    05-19-09 02:49 PM
    I will send another email after the holiday weekend if I do not get a response by then.

I have posted here, sent a PM, posted through the gadgetbean site and sent an email, all with no response.

05-21-09 01:59 PM
    I bought a theme from JC and it did not work properly as shown in the vedio demo. I email JC and never got a reply.

05-21-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD