Hey,

How do I get the weather portion of this awesome theme to work? and the quicklaunch as well. Please help.

Thanks,

JAY
    07-27-09 01:37 PM
    You need to buy/download a weather app and make sure it is the 7th icon in your list. And you have to purchase quick launch.
    07-27-09 01:38 PM
    how do u add the sms and mms icons
    I too cannot find SMS (looked in all folders)...since it is not even an option for the quick launch buttons (silde) I am guessing it needs to be enabled? any one else find this?
    07-27-09 02:06 PM
    SMS is not an option for Quicklaunch period. Messages will open up the last folder you were in (be it the general folder, specific email account, or SMS)

Are you sure you have the SMS split out? There is a setting for it in the Messaging app.
    07-27-09 02:37 PM
    Had the same issue I uninstalled it and reinstalled and did a bat pull. Seems as if all the permissions weren't on...works fine now tho...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 02:52 PM
    I too cannot find SMS (looked in all folders)...since it is not even an option for the quick launch buttons (silde) I am guessing it needs to be enabled? any one else find this?
    Just got mine back.
    Open Messages.....Options....General....SMS & EMAIL inboxes....Choose Separate......save...

That did it for me.......
    07-27-09 03:08 PM
    That's great thanks..
    07-27-09 03:58 PM
    Thanks!!.

07-27-09 07:15 PM
    Wonderful theme. Using it all the time.

Any news on adding perhaps just 1 more icon to the bottom bar. It seems that there may just be enough room?

Thanks.
    07-28-09 04:13 AM
    Wonderful theme. Using it all the time.

Any news on adding perhaps just 1 more icon to the bottom bar. It seems that there may just be enough room?

Thanks.
    I have no plans to change the layout in the near future.
    07-28-09 05:56 AM
    Grin - Best theme I have seen in a long long time, and really your comment below says it all. How great it feels to take care of others. Congrats to you.

Glad you like the theme.

Why didn't I charge for this?
    Well...
    - I make themes for my own use and for fun - not profit
    - It is a tad less fun for you if you have to pay for it
    - I didn't make the icons. The icon designer gave me permission to use his icons and I just packaged them into the 3G theme. He provides his icons for free and I'm not going to charge for slapping 'em together into a theme - doesn't feel right.

Now, for all those out there who are oh so inclined to pay, please use the money to buy your mom or loved one a flower instead - it will make them happy
    07-28-09 08:03 AM
    I can answer some of these for him.
    2. It seems to be a limitation of the SVG file.
    3. Google maps icon is the issue and there is no way to change it. (Which is a shame)
    4. Same as above and any other 3rd party app for that matter.
    5. The calendar icon is fixed.
    1. When you lock the Bold (press and hold A) the weather icon seems to shift up by 2-3 pixels not a big deal just figured i would let you know.

2. The weather text does not stay up when it is locked. Is this by design? or a limitation of the ability to show an icon on the locked screen?

3. My Google Maps icon does not play nice with your theme. It seems to put a huge box around it. is this the Google Maps icon in general or is it your theme? can you change it to a different one?

4. The Facebook icon seems to be as big as your icons backgrounds. Can it be replaced with a theme icon instead so it follows flow? or because it is a non OEM icon can you modify it from the rest. guess this would be the same as the Google Maps Icon if so

5. The calendar Icon always shows Friday 11. Is there a way to either make this icon dynamic to always show the real date or change it to a generic icon that shows no date? also it does not seem to flow with the theme to have a white icon like that. I love its looks but does not seem to go.

6. when I go to my icons page and scroll to the bottom every so often I get a glitch that I keep trying to reproduce but cant when it takes me from the bottom to the top row again. Not sure what it is but I have noticed it in other non OEM themes but never in the OEM ones.

7. There is a theme out there called U theme (I wish i could find it again) it had as the name implies a U shape to the icons on the home screen. Just wondering you should make a side theme that implores more icons for us icon lovers on the home screen... why we don't just go to the app screen is beyond me but just a suggestion.

update.. here is the link to the page with the U theme
    New BlackBerry �U� Theme: the evolution of the �Zen� theme at SmartPhoneCool.com

I would love to get your feedback on my comments when you get the chance to.
    07-28-09 09:06 AM
    The icon is a fixed image. The same number is always show.
    07-28-09 09:12 AM
    Man, that's a long note! OK here goes:

1) That's my bad - I was too lazy to test all versions. I'll fix this and I'll make sure to come up with fewer theme versions next time!
    2) Not sure...I may look into this if I have time
    3) and 4) The look is dependent on the 3rd party app
    5) Cannot be dynamic and I like how it looks now.
    6) That happened to me a a couple of times. Prob due to the theme building software.
    7) I'll be upgrading certain features of the theme but not the layout.

First of all bravo what a great theme. anything i have posted here is positive criticism to help the theme not blow it down because its amazing. I am using the Bold theme with Weather text and NO quick launch. I have noticed the following things.

1. When you lock the Bold (press and hold A) the weather icon seems to shift up by 2-3 pixels not a big deal just figured i would let you know.

2. The weather text does not stay up when it is locked. Is this by design? or a limitation of the ability to show an icon on the locked screen?

3. My Google Maps icon does not play nice with your theme. It seems to put a huge box around it. is this the Google Maps icon in general or is it your theme? can you change it to a different one?

4. The Facebook icon seems to be as big as your icons backgrounds. Can it be replaced with a theme icon instead so it follows flow? or because it is a non OEM icon can you modify it from the rest. guess this would be the same as the Google Maps Icon if so

5. The calendar Icon always shows Friday 11. Is there a way to either make this icon dynamic to always show the real date or change it to a generic icon that shows no date? also it does not seem to flow with the theme to have a white icon like that. I love its looks but does not seem to go.

6. when I go to my icons page and scroll to the bottom every so often I get a glitch that I keep trying to reproduce but cant when it takes me from the bottom to the top row again. Not sure what it is but I have noticed it in other non OEM themes but never in the OEM ones.

7. There is a theme out there called U theme (I wish i could find it again) it had as the name implies a U shape to the icons on the home screen. Just wondering you should make a side theme that implores more icons for us icon lovers on the home screen... why we don't just go to the app screen is beyond me but just a suggestion.

update.. here is the link to the page with the U theme
    New BlackBerry �U� Theme: the evolution of the �Zen� theme at SmartPhoneCool.com

I would love to get your feedback on my comments when you get the chance to.
    07-28-09 09:16 AM
    Thanks cavingjan. You're faster than me the keyboard!
    07-28-09 09:19 AM
    Can someone please explain the SMS behavior of this theme too? Not the location icon but what happens with the txts that show on the home screen.
    07-28-09 09:20 AM
    I've just noticed that, with the latest version, the weather text is no longer updating properly on the home screen. I'm mostly certain that this was not an issue earlier...
    07-28-09 12:19 PM
    I've just noticed that, with the latest version, the weather text is no longer updating properly on the home screen. I'm mostly certain that this was not an issue earlier...
    Nah...I had the same issue with weathereye.
    The icon updates properly but not the text.
    I personally use the no-text version

07-28-09 12:27 PM
    Nah...I had the same issue with weathereye.
    The icon updates properly but not the text.
    I personally use the no-text version

I probably just didn't notice or had fairly steady temps before.

I had actually been wondering which version you used personally.
    07-28-09 02:31 PM
    I probably just didn't notice or had fairly steady temps before.

I had actually been wondering which version you used personally.
    Yes, I do indeed run my very own 3G theme on my Bold!
    I use the no weather text QL version.
    07-28-09 02:48 PM
    My girl absolutely loves the theme. I'm sure your probably not taking requests but if you decide to would you consider make a teal or baby blue 3G w/ weather text one. if not she is happy regardless just was wondering is all. great job
    07-28-09 07:17 PM
    I love this theme! I just bought Quicklaunch last night, and knowing that redzapper also provided the Quicklaunch version I downloaded it and loving it even more!!

Great job!!
    07-28-09 09:30 PM
    Dang! I should get QuickLaunch commission!!! LOL!
    07-28-09 11:13 PM
    Hi , I really like this theme a lot, but I have one major issue similar to another post above I think. The sms today shows only last few sent sms and no received sms, and does not clear the items when viewed. I tried inititally v131 then a diff version and both show same issue. Is this something which can be fixed ?

07-29-09 10:10 PM
    My SMS behavior is consistent with the prior posts, and it would be really great if it both cleared and showed the incoming ones not the outgoing ones.
    07-30-09 08:52 AM
724 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD