So i ordered two zagg shields when they had that 50% promo. I received it today and one of the boxes is soaking wet where as the other one had a spot or two that are wet.

The box that was soaking wet was because the SHIELDspray was not even capped and the whole thing was spilled!!! I emailed them for a replacement one today. Anyone ever experienced that before? Do you think they will give it to me?

The second one was partially open and had a little bit leaked out but I managed to turn it up right and completely closed it before it all leaked out.

Another thing, people who have successfully applied this the protector on, any tips on how to apply this thing successfully with as little trouble as possible? I've been reading around and it seems that the majority agrees to:

- do it in a moist room (bathroom after showering)
    - apply spray to both sides of the protector and fingers and rub it so that it is not dripping wet, but got a nice slick layer on it before applying the protector
    - wipe excessive amounts that comes out after squeegeeing.

Any more tips that would be helpful? Do i also have to apply the spray to every single piece of the shield or just the screen shield? (I got the full body protection one).
    01-31-09 05:20 AM
    So i ordered two zagg shields when they had that 50% promo. I received it today and one of the boxes is soaking wet where as the other one had a spot or two that are wet.

The box that was soaking wet was because the SHIELDspray was not even capped and the whole thing was spilled!!! I emailed them for a replacement one today. Anyone ever experienced that before? Do you think they will give it to me?

The second one was partially open and had a little bit leaked out but I managed to turn it up right and completely closed it before it all leaked out.

Another thing, people who have successfully applied this the protector on, any tips on how to apply this thing successfully with as little trouble as possible? I've been reading around and it seems that the majority agrees to:

- apply spray to both sides of the protector and fingers and rub it so that it is not dripping wet, but got a nice slick layer on it before applying the protector

Any more tips that would be helpful? Do i also have to apply the spray to every single piece of the shield or just the screen shield? (I got the full body protection one).
    Funny you posted this - it happened to me as well. I ordered one front cover ad one full body kit for the Iphone 3G (*cough*). I opted for shipping via UPS instead of their super slow stuff. Anyway, the spray in the full body kit leaked out (the cap wasn't on, like in your case) and basically ruined everyhting. It appeared the shields got wet enought to stick together, even though they were inside their plastic bag. The other kit was fine, although the box was damp - bu the spray was intact.

And I got it on a Friday - I immediatley email ZAGG, but it was after normal business hours. I got a reply back on Monday and they are sending out a new set. And they will send it via the method you used when you ordered. So if you opted for the slow shipping, then you'll get slow shipping again. I got my UPS shipping notification the same day, so I am waiting for it to arrive on the 3rd.

There must have been some snafu in the manufactoring process as I'm certain it happened to others.
    01-31-09 08:38 AM
    well... I just got mine yesterday... nothing's wrong... all in a good shape, and what's more interesting is I ordered the slow shipping... I got it in 2 weeks (14 days)... should have been faster, the mailman said they're looking for my address because zagg doesn't print the exact address I typed.. (I wrote "III blok i" but zagg prints "Iii blok I")

well anyway... I applied it in 1 hour, coz I'm a perfectionist... the screen protector fits well, but the other, especially the bottom part, is not well cut by zagg... I wish I could post a photo of what I'm saying... but it won't show up well... and I'm saving my back part for colorware cover... I still love the leather feeling anyway ;p
    01-31-09 09:33 AM
    I recently purchased mine and didn't have too much trouble applying it. One suggestion, if you have pets, apply the shield at a different location. Somehow I have a few tiny pet hairs that were above the screen even though I cleaned it well, just not well enough. I'm happy with it though and no issues with shipping.
    01-31-09 12:21 PM
    we attempted to place a zagg invisible shield on our blackberry storm. yes need to do it in clean room as pets leave hair and lint gets under really easy whenever putting a screensaver on. we followed instructions. sprayed both sides of shield. watched the amount of liquid wiped as used squeege. UGH phone screen no longer registers touch and can only get it to recognized some area's of screen. i'd highly recamend not using any liquid around any touch screen. now, gotta see if i can' get my money back on the screensaver. we are in process of getting the the phone replaced, but not going to attempted to clean the zagg shield nor put it on the new one using the solution. what went wrong? has not one else had issue?
    01-31-09 02:53 PM
    i too received mine yesterday after about 2-3 weeks when it was ordered. actually my friend ordered 3 of them and all had the cap for the solution bottle opened, with all the liquid missing.

I browsed through some of the forums and people said you could add a drop of liquid soap, and fill the rest of the bottle with water. it works just as well and that was what i did to solve the problem of the missing liquid (can't wait another 3 weeks for a new shipment to come).

After about 20-25 mins, I was able to apply it. I actually put it once, but didn't align it properly so I had to do it again a second time (not very difficult to take out and reapply).

Make sure to spray your fingers as well because you do not want finger print marks on your screen, and instead of using the squeegee they give you, i used a credit card.

Its been almost 12 hours since and the protector is on just right!

Make sure you use a linen cloth to wipe away any access fluids after you have applied the shield. The ones that come with any pair of glasses works well.

Hope that helps
    01-31-09 06:02 PM
    I got one too for my Bold. Put it on and followed instructions but i've got a heavily rippled affect on the left side of it. The instructions said it would all even out perfectly within 3 days but it didn't.
    01-31-09 06:15 PM
    do you also need to apply this liquid for the tinier parts of the shield? and what are those 8 tiny pieces for? is it for the side of the bold?
    01-31-09 07:34 PM
    do you also need to apply this liquid for the tinier parts of the shield? and what are those 8 tiny pieces for? is it for the side of the bold?
    Yes, apply it to all parts, you cant put on too much.. If you put on to little you will get finger-prints, and bubbles.
    01-31-09 07:40 PM
    Yes, apply it to all parts, you cant put on too much.. If you put on to little you will get finger-prints, and bubbles.
    Actually on the Bold you can put on too much. Some got moisture under the screen before. If the Bezel is not sealed perfectly to the screen, there can be slight gaps and the liquid can sqeeze through.
    01-31-09 07:44 PM
    we attempted to place a zagg invisible shield on our blackberry storm. yes need to do it in clean room as pets leave hair and lint gets under really easy whenever putting a screensaver on. we followed instructions. sprayed both sides of shield. watched the amount of liquid wiped as used squeege. UGH phone screen no longer registers touch and can only get it to recognized some area's of screen. i'd highly recamend not using any liquid around any touch screen. now, gotta see if i can' get my money back on the screensaver. we are in process of getting the the phone replaced, but not going to attempted to clean the zagg shield nor put it on the new one using the solution. what went wrong? has not one else had issue?
    wrong forum... but well okay.. I'll try to help... I once had a touchscreen phone also, applied the screen protector, and the same problem occured like yours... the thing is, is not flat applied, that's why it doesn't recognize the touch... the idea of touchscreen is more pressure on the site of the touch. So if your screen protector is not flat applied, it will occur everytime...
    01-31-09 10:54 PM
    you wanna really see if your environment is lint-free?? turn off your light and shine a bright flashlight over the screen of your bold (off of course). In my case, i'd wipe it clean, wait 1-2 seconds and watch lint flying directly to the screen like it was a magnet!! took me like 45 minutes to apply the damn screen shield. Only big/thick pieces of lint are visible after application. luckily, theres only 1 of those and its above the screen on the black part where it says "Blackberry" in silver. Sorry just venting on my f*kn dusty/windy house >_<
    01-31-09 11:11 PM

Take the battery out. Moisten fingers. Small bubbles, small streaks/bubbles should go away after a few days.
    01-31-09 11:53 PM
    was looking thru here at different post about screen protectors after gettin mine done by ghost armor. Got mine done and havent had a problem yet.. truthfully you can barely tell that its even on there.. thats what i like about it so much.. the guy who did it at the mall, did it really well. if you dont have that option you can buy it on line and do it yourself. id say buy two if you suck at doing things like that, but once you get it on there good.. O ITS GOOD!!
    08-04-09 05:22 PM
    I didn't have any spillage problems when I ordered mine.

As for tips...I would say to keep everything nice and wet, especially your finger tips.
    08-04-09 05:24 PM
    I put on too much of the liquid, and I got moisture under my screen. It was definitely too much, and I'm the first to admit it, but I did get moisture and I've still got some water marks from the incident.
    08-04-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD