Hi,

I'm going to take my unlocked bold overseas and use it and i bought a power converter to adjust the voltage so i can charge it. My cousin freaked me out by telling me that i can fry my phone with converters and he bought extra batteries and a battery dock and all these extra things. Is this justified. My converter says safe on laptops with built in surge and other heavy usage items...Is my cousin over reacting or am i going to mess up my bold?

Thanks for your help all
    08-11-09 10:49 AM
    The Blackberry branded AC converter (model: PSM04A-050RIMC) is rated:
    100-240VAC. Therefore, using a plug converter it should be fine for your overseas travel
    (I have used mine in Europe without problem).

If you are really afraid, then also use a 240 to 110 international voltage converter.

You can also recharge from a PC using a USB cable
    08-11-09 10:57 AM
    Hi,

I'm going to take my unlocked bold overseas and use it and i bought a power converter to adjust the voltage so i can charge it. My cousin freaked me out by telling me that i can fry my phone with converters and he bought extra batteries and a battery dock and all these extra things. Is this justified. My converter says safe on laptops with built in surge and other heavy usage items...Is my cousin over reacting or am i going to mess up my bold?

Thanks for your help all
    Not sure about yours but mine came with various plugs for travel and also a USB adapter. If you are that worried about is then charge it through your PC. By the way its just like a notebook computer in that the adaptor can take any voltage you just have to change the plug and its all in the box when you bought it. Hope that helps you. No need to buy anything you don't already have.
    08-11-09 01:58 PM
    No need to worry. Used my Bold in a number of countries in EMEA with no issues. I just take a plug converter and the charging pod (optional).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD