is no good or not made well?

I have read so much on where others have contributed to the phone's failure and quick to blame the product.

What is worst is when a person who is inexperienced and doesn't read or do research and causes the unit to crash. Basically jumps in with both feet without understanding what negative results can be obtained. Then goes out and talks bad about the product or the service.

Is it just me or does anyone else see that activity going on?

08-10-09 04:09 PM
    I've noticed the same thing. To many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 04:19 PM
    Well, maybe some of the devices are not that well made. I am waiting for my third Bold. This will be the third since June 21, 2009. The first two failed due to hardware issues - at least according to RIM. The latest one, while still working as a phone and able to receive email, will not connect to the computer, so syncing is impossible.

I have been a BB user for many years, and am shocked by these two failures. I use a BB for its solid OS, solid performance, and basic good nature. It may not be the smartest kid in the class, but you can count on it. I hope this is still true.

There may be some users whose apps have caused failures, but I think many of the issues raised by other users are valid.

My .02
    08-10-09 05:23 PM
    What is worst is when a person who is inexperienced and doesn't read or do research and causes the unit to crash. Basically jumps in with both feet without understanding what negative results can be obtained. Then goes out and talks bad about the product or the service.
    I agree on that point. But keep in mind on forums like these youll find a lot of negative posts about a device, but its not directionally proportionate to the overall general user base. What I mean is that the forum is a place where people come for help mainly, the majority of people aren't going to post about how great their phone is, but they will post when they have a problem. For example if someone just researching a phone came into the Storm forum they'd think the thing was the biggest piece of @#$! that was ever made.
    08-10-09 05:33 PM
    There are a small number of units that have a build flaw or two. My first Bold
    had two flaws. The memory card door was very crooked and the LCD was
    loose on the bottom right corner. But I dealed with it just fine until April until
    a button stopped working and got a replacement. I've had one other
    replacement since then and it's been fine.
    08-10-09 05:34 PM
    I see a lot of complaints from people that have added apps or upgraded the OS and then have problems. The BB is basically a computer, and the same thing happens to them all the time. If it works, leave it alone and don't fill it up with 3rd party apps.
    08-10-09 08:54 PM
    I think these people fall into 4 groups:

1) Those who try to do what they shouldn't. No matter how many
    times we say upgrading your OS is not hard but it should not be taken
    lightly. Post links on everything they need to know they ignore it
    all. And then they blame the phone for their own errors.

2) Those who think because others have it I should, so they set
    off on their own and are back complaining that the phone is
    a POS because they did not take the steps other more savvy
    users did.

3) Those who have no clue how the phone works. I remember
    one very put upon poster that was ready to destroy his phone
    because it deleted all his messages. A little digging revealed
    he had 9 3rd party themes, 20 apps and never deleted any
    (over 3000) emails and SMS/MMS. Go figure.

4) People who see modded phones and without a thought to
    their own capabilities decide to try it themselves. How many
    damaged antennas, speakers, etc... until people get it.

Much of this would be reduced if people took the advice they
    came here for and more than anything get to know their phone
    before making modifications
    08-10-09 09:18 PM
    Its sad to say that no matter how good a device really is... People will never be happy. We are known for complaining lol. I worked at best buy for a few years in customer service and it didn't matter what I would do. People were never happy. Just my thoughts on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 09:36 PM
    very strong points, amazinglygraceless hit the nail, most of the time users really dont understand there phones, this is my first blackberry i have ever owned and i cant put this down for a sec, and even as being new user its common sence to not that if you want to do something different on your phone to research it first and read all instructions step by step before attempting anything, i have successfully debranded change OS's and even the body of the phone, cause i took the time to know the can and cant do's, my usb is slightlly twisted from when i got it but then again the usb can fit without squeezing or bending, i have never bin so satisfied with this phone set aside from ppc, iphone and other smart phones. but when you look at the down side theres always something that people do trying to do something else without knowing the dangers and risks of the product. if it aint broken dont fix it saying goes a long way, however some phones are really bad but i believe if you get a product thats shaky and not firm from the store have them change it right away, i did that with the bold they gave be before. happy bolding.
    08-10-09 11:50 PM