I know these are probably dumb questions but at the corner of my screen on my bold, it sometimes says EDGE or GRS, especially at home where I don't get the best reception? What does that mean?

Also how can I improve my reception at home, it takes forever to go online or sometimes my calls sound very choppy.
    08-03-09 04:13 PM
    I suspect you have not gotten any responses because no one wants to flame you - if that is still a useable word. I suggest you scroll to the top of the BOLD forum and read the "sticky" which is devoted to new Bold owners. See if that gets you to where you want to go.

best,

Rich
    08-03-09 06:14 PM
    I believe that is even in the manual. You may also want to check out the "How to use SEARCH" thread in my sig for future use. Google works too. And by the sound if it you should read the BB 101 Lecture Series, link also available in my sig.

Happy Learning!
    08-03-09 06:28 PM
    I know these are probably dumb questions but at the corner of my screen on my bold, it sometimes says EDGE or GRS, especially at home where I don't get the best reception? What does that mean?

Also how can I improve my reception at home, it takes forever to go online or sometimes my calls sound very choppy.
    You are on 2G (EDGE) vs 3G which is "faster" but uses more battery power. Your "area" is possibly not 3G "saturated." Plus most users "relish" the opportunity to switch back and forth between 2G and 3G to save on battery power. 2G being the power saver.

Do a search on "switching between 2G and 3G" You will be entertained, and enlightened on thing such as "e-screens" and the like.
    08-03-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD