I got my unlocked Bold 6-8 months ago and loved every minute of it. It was my first BB, thus ending my frusteration with junk smartphones for the first time. Sadly, I had to part with my GSM carrier because they discovered I was roaming too much when I moved closer to family. To my dismay, I could not find a GSM carrier that had Blackberry support in my rural area. None of the national GSM carriers will touch me because I live in the sticks (although I am required to travel because I work as a Merchant Mariner). I had to switch to A CDMA if I wanted BB service, so here I am. Now I'm back to square one with the Tour waiting for OS fixes, much like when I started with the Bold (remember those days of "unoffical" OS releases to fix basic Bold probs?). The Tour will grow on me but I digress. Back to my original question: What should I do with my Bold? I don't really want to sell it because of the hassle and how dependable it has become after some tweaking of my own. Plus I have a ton of accessories and money invested in it. I would never come close to recouping the money I've invested in it. At the same time I don't have much use for a $500 alarm clock. If I BS another national GSM carrier into giving me service, they're just going to kick me right back out because I'll definitely be "roaming" on "partner towers" again. I'm kinda torn here. Any suggestions?
    08-09-09 07:20 PM
    Don't see much point in doing anything other than selling it.

If you don't sell it because of the accessory investment, you're losing more not selling the phone (plus you can get some portion of the accessory money if you sell them). Even if you go back to a GSM carrier later you'll have new contract price + new phones will be out.

The real answer is give it to me though...
    08-09-09 08:21 PM
    Don't see much point in doing anything other than selling it.

If you don't sell it because of the accessory investment, you're losing more not selling the phone (plus you can get some portion of the accessory money if you sell them). Even if you go back to a GSM carrier later you'll have new contract price + new phones will be out.

The real answer is give it to me though...
    That's true, I guess my phones sitting around depreciating. Later models will be subsidized by the carriers. I better make plans to sell it before it's worth little to nothing.
    As far as giving it to you... That's exactly the advice my freinds had to offer. LOL
    08-09-09 08:41 PM
    It won't be worth little or nothing. I doubt the price will drop a great deal more. But yeah, it does depreciate so might as well.
    08-09-09 10:09 PM
    If you do end up selling it send a PM or email my way with price and condition and pics and you might not have to look far to sell it. Bcox820@att.blackberry.net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD