Hello

this is really stupid .. why do we have to use WAP For streaming media ?

my carrier doesnt include the wap with the unlimited plan .. and that means they take money for every kb i use !

will skyfire still use the wap to stream videos ? i saw on screen shots that it plays youtube on the website .. will that force it to stream using BIS ?
    08-03-09 10:43 PM
    Hello

this is really stupid .. why do we have to use WAP For streaming media ?

my carrier doesnt include the wap with the unlimited plan .. and that means they take money for every kb i use !

will skyfire still use the wap to stream videos ? i saw on screen shots that it plays youtube on the website .. will that force it to stream using BIS ?
    It's possible. I'm not sure how the final version of skyfire will work, but the current test version syncs with the skyfire servers, therefore the internet data is going through their servers. The reason you currently have to stream via wap is because streaming media takes up a lot of bandwidth, so RIM refuses to allow streaming media through the BIS servers.
    08-03-09 11:27 PM
    It's possible. I'm not sure how the final version of skyfire will work, but the current test version syncs with the skyfire servers, therefore the internet data is going through their servers. The reason you currently have to stream via wap is because streaming media takes up a lot of bandwidth, so RIM refuses to allow streaming media through the BIS servers.
    Thanks for your post , Lot of bandwidth on their servers ? or for us ?

if RIM dont want us to stream with bis because it takes alot of bandwidth on their servers, Do you think SkyFire will ?
    08-04-09 03:48 AM
    No, you can't stream without WAP. You can't stream properly through proxies like BIS. It just isn't low-latency enough for it to work. It's not a "refusal" issue or anything like that.

You can *download* videos through BIS, but you can't *stream* properly.

With respect to Skyfire, the actual video will still be streamed through WAP.
    08-04-09 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD