i was upgrading the software on my bold and it got messed up and now i keep getting error 507. after googling it and finding solutions ive tried everything. ive managed to open app loader and get it to recognize my bold after removing the battery. but when i start updating the software it dosent go beyong waiting for device initialization. it just stops there and gives me the error message could not reconnect to device during multi stage load operation. this is driving me crazy. any help guys?
    08-08-09 03:05 AM
    You need to reload the OS. It's crashed. Look up the instructions for how to recover a bricked BB.

Best of luck. Just post back here if you need any more questions.
    08-08-09 03:09 AM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

The link to the article you need to read. Best of luck!
    08-08-09 03:12 AM
    thats exactly what ive been doing. but when the os starts loading the 2nd step is waiting for device initialization. that is the step that dosent finish. it always gives me the error.
    08-08-09 04:35 AM
    Are you following that guide step-by-step? The Blackberry 101 guide I provided? Be sure to give it up to 30 minutes to restart. Also, if you're taking the battery out to get the COM port to say PIN: UNKNOWN, be sure to replace it immediately after hitting "next". This should make it work then.
    08-08-09 04:56 AM
    well i just removed all my other usb devices cuz i read somewhere that it might not be getting enough power from the usb and it did go a little further. it went upto connecting jvm then again it said unable to recconect. the next time it also went upto connecting to jvm then it said fatal error.
    08-08-09 05:17 AM
    Are you using a USB hub or port on your computer?

Make sure you're not using a hub; they can cause many problems with themselves.
    08-08-09 05:21 AM
    i was using the port in front. now i just used the port at the back and it seems to have done the trick. waiting for the phone to boot up. i understand it could take some time.
    08-08-09 05:32 AM
    ok so now my phone is up and running. thanks guys. but i cant find any backup file of my settings etc. i recall the application loader backing up something the first time before it messed up my phone with error 507. any idea what it backed up and where that file is?
    08-08-09 05:47 AM
    Go to Search, and search for *.ipd and see if that finds anything. If not, you're screwed as far as I know. But hey - at least your phone's working!

Another idea is to see if the phone ever wirelessly sync'd somewhere? Mine, for example, used to sync with Google, so perhaps yours did too.... or something similar, anyways.

Either way, happy it seems to be all good
    08-08-09 05:53 AM
    well all i needed were my bb pin nos which is easy enough to find out but im lazy. contacts i just synced with outlook. the rest is fine.
    08-08-09 06:50 AM
    Okay. Well, without a back-up file, those will be gone. Happy you still have your contacts though. Happy to hear you got your BB working again

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
    08-08-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD