i was playing round with my blackberry when all of a sudden i cant scroll left, i can move in every direction but left, the friction when going left has gone too and it, if i look closely the ball is moving left only nothing functioning.

is there any way i can fix this without voiding warranty?
    08-11-09 11:42 PM
    you prolly got some dirt in the trackball. try working it out
    08-12-09 03:26 AM
    Yup most likely. Have to say that the trackball is a big drawback in the bold
    08-12-09 03:35 AM
    Lock the device and hold it upside down. Push the trackball in and scroll it to the left. You have to apply lil bit pressure, but not too much. Scroll it to left and roll it all around. This should clear off the debris.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 04:53 AM
    is there any way i can fix this without voiding warranty?
    Yes there is. Call AT&T and ask them for a warranty replacement. I had the same issue and they sent me a replacement the next day.

08-12-09 07:09 AM
    Lock the device and hold it upside down. Push the trackball in and scroll it to the left. You have to apply lil bit pressure, but not too much. Scroll it to left and roll it all around. This should clear off the debris.

mate your a star, this did the trick. left scrolling now works.
    08-13-09 10:44 AM
    mate your a star, this did the trick. left scrolling now works.
    You are welcome

08-13-09 10:48 AM
    that you can pop outthe trackball like on the curve but corret me if i am wrong lol i used to clean my trackball on my curve all the time it was always bright white add me to your messenger
    08-13-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD