I don't know about you guys but the speed for file downloads from your pc to BB rivals that of 56k... It takes me 20 minutes to transfer a 6.1mb mp3, and it's only 4 minutes faster on a high-speed wifi. I was on the go and I was in the mood to listen to a song that wasn't on my Bold, and figured it was a good time to put RDM+ to use. By the time it was finished, I wasn't in the mood anymore. I couldn't imagine trying to transfer video files over this thing. I contacted customer support about this, and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting us.The file transfer speed cannot be increased due to thefact that the transfer is routed via our gate servers andencrypted for your security.Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.Best regards,Aleksander Ostrovsky"

So yeah, I'm aware of a feature to directly connect to the computer but I haven't been able to figure out to do that, and does it help with speeds? Any input with experienced users of the app would be appreciated. PS. Other than this little problem, this is a phenominal program and I recommend it to everyone who finds they might have a use for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:24 AM
    Remote Desktop connections are not the fastest protocols for transferring data. It wasn't what they were designed to primarily do. Usually if I need to transfer a file, I either shoot a quick email out from the computer to my phone or upload it via ftp to the server and then download it to my phone from there.
    08-02-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD