I have heard that you can visit m.google.com/sync on your Bold to sync your Gmail contacts and calendar...However, I have also heard people experiencing problems with this -- duplicates, it also takes ALL contacts instead of the selected MY contacts. I want to sync just MY Contact (list) and not the ALL Contact List (the one where it stores every single person you've e-mailed), could anyone please tell me the most efficient and quick way for doing this??
    08-05-09 07:25 PM
    Mine just did the My Contacts by default.
    08-05-09 07:34 PM
    wow thats great to hear...so all you did is visit the link and it worked perfectly?
    08-05-09 07:38 PM
    I'm curious to know if you tried the contact sync & if you had any problems.
    08-05-09 07:50 PM
    It usually works fine for me. I have had dupes from time to time, but not bad. For the most part I have to say it's been pretty solid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 08:02 PM
    I cleaned up My Contacts using GMail after my first sync, and since then I've never had a dupe or any lost contact info. I've used Google sync for about a year and I'd say it's been pretty much rock solid since the version that vame out last December.

To the OP, visiting the link doesn't sync, that's just a link to the download. Google Sync is an app that needs to be installed on your phone if you want to sync your contacts. Also, as long as you back up your conacts in DM, you have nothing to loose by playing with it and seeing if it meets your needs. I've used it to get my contacts transferred accross 4 phones now. Much more convenient than waiting to get new phones home and restore a backup.

08-05-09 09:20 PM
    I use Google Sync for both contacts and calendar entries. I've encountered just a single problem when you attempt to invite an attendee from within BB Calendar app or accept an invite from another BB user. Upon the very next Google Sync, a red (font) error message appears saying something to the effect that another program is attempting to add events and these events will not be synchronized. I simply avoid using the BB invite feature as a make-shift workaround.

In my opinion, Google Sync is a nice product/service and an excellent alternative to BB desktop sync.
    08-05-09 09:46 PM
    I dont have such luck. Some of my contact details like Address, Emails and Mobile were not sync over.. These details appeared on my Gmail contacts but not on my BOLD... i randomly checked and spotted, faint... can someone guide me thru.. Got my Bold yesterday and so far only syncing of contacts fails me..

Those contacts are from my old pc Outlook, the contacts are exported to .csv file then import frm gmail. On gmail contacts, there details are nicely organised and no missing data but on bold, its terrible.
    08-05-09 10:01 PM
    i use this program and i love it.. never had a problem with it..
    08-05-09 11:22 PM
    I knw what is wrong... some of my contacts are saved in "Business" and BB cant recongise "business" hence its disappear
    08-05-09 11:25 PM
    There is a filter somewhere that you can turn off to allow both business and personal contacts...

Crap, where is it...

Ah ha!

Open Contacts -> BB Key for Menu -> Filter -> Uncheck any checked boxes

Chris
    08-06-09 12:16 AM
    There is a filter somewhere that you can turn off to allow both business and personal contacts...

Crap, where is it...

Ah ha!

Open Contacts -> BB Key for Menu -> Filter -> Uncheck any checked boxes

Chris
    oops.. sorry to confuse u... what i mean was under outlook my contacts are mostly under "business" tag. example, BUSINESS: 6123456 but under BB, there is no Business tag, only Work, Home, Others... hence those contacts were not sync over
    08-06-09 12:33 AM
    oops.. sorry to confuse u... what i mean was under outlook my contacts are mostly under "business" tag. example, BUSINESS: 6123456 but under BB, there is no Business tag, only Work, Home, Others... hence those contacts were not sync over
    Ah, ok. My bad.

Chris
    08-06-09 12:34 AM
    So would it be better for me to export my gmail contacts to outlook then sync them over?

08-08-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD