I've looked this information up, and was just hoping someone else here has done the same thing, so I know that what I plan on doing is correct.

I have a 2G iPhone, and a Bold. I want to be able to freely switch between the two devices day-to-day.

I have to put my sim card in the iPhone, and activate through iTunes, and get a renew for a 2-year contract, right?

Then, I can just take my SIM and throw it in the Bold, and all will work? I just need to re-tool my plan to have the iPhone data plan instead of the BB plan? And the data and everything will be okay on both phones?

Thanks for the help!
    08-10-09 03:35 AM
    Blackberry's need the BB plan to get BB email, BBM and BB browser.
    08-10-09 03:46 AM
    you can get the blackberry data plan and use it in the iphone i believe. you don't HAVE to renew your contract though. not if you already have both phone
    08-10-09 05:11 AM
    god! the amount of times this has been gone through in these forums!
    08-10-09 06:04 AM
    I use both. You have to have a BB Data plan for the bold to work. Then input these APN settings into your iPhone (I have a 3g so I don't know if the settings areas are the same):

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

It should work. My 3g does.
    08-10-09 08:06 AM
    I switch between my iphone 3G and Tilt quite often. Not a problem. Just move sim card.
    08-10-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD