08-06-09 12:16 AM
31 12
tools
    do you have wifi on? .282 drained my battery really quickly when i constantly had wifi on.
    WiFi really isn't that big a drain. I'm on .266 and keep it on always.
    08-05-09 06:16 PM
    Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for a long time but as this is my first post I'll try to not to be too annoying!

I've had my Bold since mid-November and typically got about 2 days out of the battery. In the last few weeks, battery performance dropped to the point where I was getting about 5 hours between charges and if I tried leaving it on over night the battery would go completely dead. I thought it might be a case of the battery having had too many charges so I went ahead and ordered another but the problem is still persisting.

No applications have been added recently and I've been using the phone just as much as I always have. Using DM I've removed all the applications I thought I could do without so the phone's down to its bare bones and is still working through this brand new battery in about 6 hours. I even wiped it and reinstalled the OS and the problem is still there. It gets very hot during calls and is always quite warm towards the top of the handset at the front.

Does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Try .266....
    08-05-09 06:17 PM
    I had a six hour battery life with light phone and data use on Bold. ATT replaced the phone and still had same problem. I returned it after 3 weeks and got an 8900. No battery problems at all. The Bold sucked, it does not fit well in your hand for texting, and the idea of having to constantly close apps on Bold to try to improve battery life is moronic. Anyone who raves about a bold is probably lying.
    Yeah the battery do suck with the Bold but I absolutely love the Bold. I had a 8900 for about a week before returning it because I was already having 2nd thoughts about not having 3G and the keys feels flimsy on that device.

No phone is perfect and some people do prefer one phone over another. I love my Bold and I don't lie about it.
    08-05-09 06:20 PM
    I'm noticing now that I'll be at 50-60% by 3pm with light usage. I don't think that's so great personally. I'm somewhat tempted to try installing the rogers .282 instead of the vodafone build I'm on right now.
    08-05-09 06:21 PM
    I'm noticing now that I'll be at 50-60% by 3pm with light usage. I don't think that's so great personally. I'm somewhat tempted to try installing the rogers .282 instead of the vodafone build I'm on right now.
    They are absolutely identical. I did a binary level comparison a few days ago on the installer files and proved there are zero differences between these two carriers.

When will you guys get it into your heads, if the build numbers (e.g. 4.x.y.z) are the same, the content is exactly the same. There will be differences in the language packs for Western (Multilanguage) or EastAsia but these are resource and support files, and executables are identical if the build numbers are the same.
    08-05-09 07:03 PM
    temperature/ humidity of usage or storage can affect battery performance. u might wanna do a lil check to see if u left any 3rd party application on without closing it proper, similarly some applications drain batteries pretty extensively too. ie; music/ movie player...etc.
    08-06-09 12:16 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD