Hey guys and gals.

So my Bold has been dropping calls all day today - called Orange and they have agreed to deliver a new handset out to me tomorow morning. All good stuff but I need to make sure that literally everything on the phone is wiped so nobody could ever retain the information. Obviously this means pictures and the occasional saucy video but mostly contact information which in the wrong hands could be a nightmare.

What is the best way to go about doing all of this? I keep the memory card so thats ok but its with regard to what is on the phones internal memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.
    08-10-09 01:57 PM
    Options > Security > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handheld
    08-10-09 02:00 PM
    you can also use JL-Cmder to wipe it, and then just install the new os.

but the poster above me's version is easier.. just make sure to back up the device first, and then erase so none of ur contacts go bye bye
    08-10-09 02:24 PM
    Can I ask what's a disaster and awesome about your predicament? Also, let's try and guess who you have in your contacts book?
    "In the wrong hands could be a nightmare" - so intriguing!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, its been a crap day and I am in a mischievous mood! Glad you're getting a new bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies so far everyone! Will need to get onto this asap as the new phone arrives 9am sharp tomorow morning.

The disaster is that my phone is dropping calls alot and is obviously a bit broken and the awesomeness is that orange are somehow sending me a new one for free within 12 hours which I have to say I find very helpful and a credit to them.

"In the wrong hands could be a nightmare" comment... Guess away!
    08-10-09 03:23 PM
    and the awesomeness is that orange are somehow sending me a new one for free within 12 hours which I have to say I find very helpful and a credit to them.
    You sure your not gonna get a refurb unit?
    08-10-09 03:29 PM
    Sorry to double post guys but a thought has just occured to me.

I have purchased BerryBuzz, Quicklaunch and a theme - all of which I guess are PIN specific - what are my options here? I doubt that contacting the places I bought the apps and theme from will just resend a new activation code for my new PIN. What should I do?
    08-10-09 03:30 PM
    You sure your not gonna get a refurb unit?
    Not really bothered if it is a refurb unit... or should I be?
    08-10-09 03:31 PM
    Not really bothered if it is a refurb unit... or should I be?
    I got refurb unit in exchange for faulty PDA. Works like a charm. No problems or whatsoever. Looks brilliant - like new, no signs of "second hand" device etc...
    08-10-09 03:35 PM
    No reason to be worried about refurb.
    08-10-09 03:39 PM
    Yeah I suppose I'm happy as long as the previous owner hasn't scratched something like"Toms super awesome phone" into the screen.
    08-10-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD