12-14-08 12:47 PM
33 12
tools
    Hi all.

I had my bold in the slip case but near the top of the phone on the silver bezel I must have scratched it with something. There is a tiny mark hard to see but I find that sooo annoying considering its on
    3 days old :-(

Any advice people? Is it real metal?

Ny wy of getting rid of scrathes like that?

Best wishes ol! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 11:29 AM
    Wow joey thnx for that lol

the black bezel luks amazing. Wish they had that wen I brough it lol

10-02-08 05:24 PM
    That black bezel looks slick...hmmm...tempting...
    10-02-08 05:37 PM
    Dang Joey! This is some good stuff.
    I got my Bold on Saturday and I got a scratch on the bottom right above the silver bezel (don't know how). I was pissed but then I figured I can always replace the faceplate. Glad to have a direct link to it. Thanks!
    10-02-08 05:38 PM
    wow, that looks very hot the black bezel.. didnt even know it existed... now the only thing would have to change is the keyboard without the red numbers.... the red kills it!
    10-02-08 05:48 PM
    I ordered a black bezel. It just looked to cool
    10-02-08 05:53 PM
    put up some pic after sparkomatic! My purchase will depend on ur pics lool
    10-02-08 05:57 PM
    I definitely will! Now I just have to wait to get it...probably about a week.

Who knows how many beta OS's I'll have loaded by then!
    10-02-08 06:00 PM
    i just sanded the silver off my bezel, strangely looks exactly the same as the black bezel hahaha
    10-02-08 06:26 PM
    Joey, Good stuff man... I love the look of the black, I may have to order one and just change mine...
    10-02-08 08:10 PM
    Joey - thanks for that link - I also like the look of the black bezel. Nice!

I was wondering if the silver bezel could be sent off to be painted. The heavy-duty paint job (Colorware, Becky Mae, etc.) might last longer. I could see silver, metallic white . . . or metallic red. I'm liking the idea of metallic red.
    10-02-08 08:46 PM
    Look on ebay for a new one
    10-02-08 09:25 PM
    The black one looks really nice!
    10-02-08 09:27 PM
    i just sanded the silver off my bezel, strangely looks exactly the same as the black bezel hahaha
    can you post a pic?
    10-02-08 09:47 PM
    PLEASE PLEASE whoever orders that black bezel, POST PICS !!!
    10-02-08 09:54 PM
    my god that murdered out bold is MONEY!!!! only if there was a black trackball... that would be filthy!!!
    10-02-08 09:57 PM
    Yea man ... when that Jav trackball becomes available im def switching out the one on theBold, If they are compatible that is ... and if the Bold ever comes out in the U.S.
    10-02-08 10:00 PM
    That black bezel is frickin sweet! Its too bad that doesn't come as an option when you buy the bold. But like the poster above said, it needs to come out in the US to have any meaning for me, haha.

10-02-08 10:55 PM
    thats it.. im going to get the black bezel and changing it out.
    10-02-08 11:03 PM
    Hi all.

I had my bold in the slip case but near the top of the phone on the silver bezel I must have scratched it with something. There is a tiny mark hard to see but I find that sooo annoying considering its on
    3 days old :-(

Any advice people? Is it real metal?

Ny wy of getting rid of scrathes like that?

Best wishes ol! :-)

I can imagine it being quite annoying. Had the same thing that happen to me. Didn't drop it or anything, just accumulated it from somewhere, but I got it out.

I did this. If you have car swirl remover, you can try a bit of that. I recommend the Klasse AOI (All-In-One) which removes scratches and polishes any metal/non-metal surfaces. I applied it carefully around the bezel and it worked like a charm. Also gave it an even more blinding shine.

Another product you can try, but try at your own risk is Meguiar's Scratch-X
    10-03-08 12:36 AM
    Man the black bezel looks good! Had to order one. lol!
    10-03-08 11:25 AM
    thanks for the link....basically no need to worry too much about scratching your berry, can replace any part you like...in fact i swapped out my curve for a bold because i thought i'd k.o'd it by punching it on a drunken night out (thball popped out lol) $20 of parts later, good as new!
    10-03-08 11:36 AM
    I can imagine it being quite annoying. Had the same thing that happen to me. Didn't drop it or anything, just accumulated it from somewhere, but I got it out.

I did this. If you have car swirl remover, you can try a bit of that. I recommend the Klasse AOI (All-In-One) which removes scratches and polishes any metal/non-metal surfaces. I applied it carefully around the bezel and it worked like a charm. Also gave it an even more blinding shine.
    Very cool...
    Just to be clear, did this help you get the scratch out of the silver bezel, while leaving the silver paint intact? (Or did it just remove the silver paint, leaving you with a shiny black bezel?)

I would guess tha Mother's Plastic Polish or McGuier's Glaze would work well....
    If that fails, you're right back where you started anyway!!
    12-08-08 10:41 PM
    the black bezel is on the way !!!!
    12-09-08 12:48 AM
    Everytime I have ordered replacement or so called "oem" faceplates or parts for phones in the past they looked great, but after a week the paint was wearing off and they were looking like crap.

If someone has had these for a while please let us know how they are made.
    12-09-08 12:15 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD