so my bold's trackball was totally F'd and i actually called ATT and asked me a few simple Qs then they sent me out a new one. I have a few questions pertaining to copying the data from old to new as well as restoring the old one back to factory:

1. I have BB desktop manager, so im assuming using the devise to devise back up is the one I use since they have diff PINs?

2. MY old Bold's OS is .266, so when i get my new one im assuming it will have the old one, so should i UPGRADE my OS BEFORE i do the transfer? or after?

3. Is there a way to wipe the bold back to the default OS removing EVERY SINGLE program i installed? or does it just wipe it everything back to factory with the SAME OS? (in my case it would be .266)

4. when i copy DEVICE TO DEVICE does it COPY EVERYTHING settings/programs/files/apps/themes etc or will i have to re-download/install anything? i pretty much DONT want to redownload and install stuff but if i have to so be it.

thanks for the help
    08-05-09 08:17 AM
    1- Yes, use your old Bold to backup and the new one to restore.
    2- It doesn't matter which OS you were using on the old Bold.
    3- In the device options, click Security Options. Click General Settings. Press the Menu key. Click Wipe Handheld. To delete all third-party applications from your device, select the Include third-party applications check box. Click Continue. Type blackberry (page 177 of the manual!)
    4- It copies mostly everything except third party programs. For that, there is another procedure which you can find elsewhere on this site.
    Go, wipe!
    08-05-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD