Hi, i had a bold with a broken trackball that only scrolled up and down, and didnt click. i replaced the trackball with one from a pearl that i know works as is almost new, and the bold still only scrolls up and down and doesnt click. i have no idea what to do! help!
    08-03-09 10:22 PM
    get onbe from pmonmon on ebay. hes awesome.
    08-03-09 10:24 PM
    there is nothing wrong with the trackball i added, its almost brand new.
    08-03-09 10:28 PM
    I'd say you damaged the housing or sensors. It's not the trackball that's the problem. I think the sensor that knows when its pressed in is damaged or possibly dirty. There's a site that will fix any problem and put in a new OEM bold trackball for like 40 bucks. Check out pdarepairworld.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:40 AM
    or if it's within a year of purchase, you can use the manufacturers warranty and get the whole phone replaced for free....that's what i had to do when my trackball wouldn't scroll down.
    08-04-09 11:24 AM
    My Bold is in repair right now because of the trackball. If I had known that this would be such a problem i would never have bought the phone....I am a bit dissapointed with Blackberry now;
    08-04-09 01:41 PM
    want my oem one that i took out and replaced, it was only used about 4 days til i got the black one
    08-04-09 04:42 PM
    thanks but like i said, the trackball itself is not the problem. I cleaned the circuit board under the trackball with rubbing alcohol and blasted it with canned air and still no luck at all, exact same problems.

is there any hope for this bold, or is it worthless? you cant do much without scrolling to the right.
    08-05-09 01:32 PM
    oh and i just re-read the post about the manufacturers warranty: can i do this if i dont have any receipt?
    08-05-09 01:33 PM
    ^ Im pretty sure all they need is IMEI
    08-06-09 07:24 PM
    It sounds as if the sensor underneath the rollerball is either dirty or defective....I know you cleaned it, BUT the organge sensor under the ball is just a covering.

IMPORTANT:

DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR CONSEQUENCES!

With a pin and a tweezer, you can take up the orange part, it is stuck on there. Once that is done, clean the sensor with rubbing alcohol and QTip (compressed air isnt necessary nor advised...it has particles in it which will just dirty the sensor, just let the alcohol evaporate...that should do it). After this, restick the orange piece back on.

For some reason you mess this up, you can use a tiny piece of cellophane tape.

Remember, unless you are super super comfortable with this, dont do it.

Also, I know your rollerball works, but cant hurt to give it a cleaning.
    08-06-09 09:48 PM
    Get a replacement if you're still under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD