I had to get a replacement Bold, and now everything's running smoothly. My question is, what happens to my PIN on my old Bold? Let's say my Bold is fixed and sold as a refurb and someone sends me a PIN message, will the new owner receive my messages? how does that whole thing happen?
    08-03-09 10:36 AM
    assuming that you properly swapped your BB contacts to your new device via Device Manager, your contacts should get your new PIN automatically. I may be wrong but I doubt old PIN's are kept and reissued to defective devices that are refurbished and resold.
    08-03-09 10:50 AM
    i have been witness to many pins being reused. rogers claimed that this would not happen, there statement was that they will not reissue the device for 6 months or something.

however i have seen many friends recieve refurbs as replacements and in the course of using them they have recieved random pin messages from ppl they dont know.
    08-03-09 12:08 PM
    I had to get a replacement Bold, and now everything's running smoothly. My question is, what happens to my PIN on my old Bold? Let's say my Bold is fixed and sold as a refurb and someone sends me a PIN message, will the new owner receive my messages? how does that whole thing happen?
    Answer: Yes, any pin messages sent to your old pin will go to your old phone. Juts send one mass pin message to all your contancts advising them of your new pin. It's juts like a phone number, if you get a new number and don't tell everyone, and they call your old number, if that number was re-issued, someone else will get the call.
    08-03-09 02:00 PM
    why don't you 'change device' frist, your contacts won't even know that you replace your device and pin.
    08-03-09 02:06 PM
    I never give out my pin for that reason.. i had a problem where my Bold went to the president of our company and he was getting sll my PIN messages.. PIN is horrible.
    08-03-09 02:08 PM
    I never give out my pin for that reason.. i had a problem where my Bold went to the president of our company and he was getting sll my PIN messages.. PIN is horrible.
    I would not say "pin is horrible" just because you had a bad experience.
    08-03-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD