Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any input about the BBerry Bold regarding some problems I have been having. I got my first Bold back in January and people were reporting that when they called me, it would take between 30-45 seconds to connect or it would just make a beeping sound and not connect at all. ATT gave me a replacement Bold in March to attempt to correct the problem because they did all of the tech stuff on their end that they could. I continued to have the same problem. Two weeks ago, ATT gave me another Bold and I still continue to have the same issue. I just spoke with someone from ATT who said the Bold has major software issues and that I am not the only Bold user having this problem. They are wanting me to go to the new Curve, which would be fine, but I am in New York City with 3G and that device is not 3G.

If anyone has any input, suggestions, anything before making this switch....please let me know.
    08-04-09 03:45 PM
    Have you tried updating your OS? And are you in a bad signal area?
    08-04-09 03:50 PM
    I'm in NYC and never had any such issues or ANY software isses. Try and update to .282 and see if you have better results.
    08-04-09 03:53 PM
    282 or bust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:40 PM
    at&t network problems with certain users i would say. too unlikely to have 3 defective bolds in a row and the 3 of them with the same problem

have you tried using a friend's simcard to see if it connects correctly ?
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-04-09 at 04:49 PM.
    08-04-09 04:46 PM
    I'm in NYC and have no issues as well. Did you replace your SIM card?
    08-04-09 04:56 PM
    As people already said, it's probably not a hardware issue since you had enough of them to more or less rule that out.

Upgrade your OS to .282. If that doesn't work, set it to EDGE only and try again. The stock OS has crappy reception issues for a lot of people.
    08-04-09 04:59 PM
    Got same probleme with my bold, was running the old os .162 from Rogers Now i'm running the .282 from Rogers and no issues at all for the reception! You have nothing to loose with a OS upgrade!
    08-05-09 06:54 AM
    Thanks for the input so far. Yes, I have gotten a new SIM card each time I have gotten a new device. Could it really just be a network problem. I will try upgrading OS, but what are the chances of three BBerries having this same problem. It seems like a network issue, but I just don't know and am frustrated after seven months of calling issues. Any more help/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.
    08-05-09 08:28 AM
    i wouldnt wanna downgrade to the curve 8900.. it is a nice device but itd be hard to give up 3g especially since you are in a good 3g area.
    i hope .282 works better for u!
    08-05-09 10:17 AM
    Updated to .282....didn't help. The phone is still not connecting in a timely manner and making the noise when some people call. If ATT says there's nothing more they can do, is it time to switch to Verizon Tour?
    08-05-09 10:27 AM
    That really sounds like an AT&T prob! I have a bold and have never had an issue like that. I would try calling them and make sure everything is right on their end. If you switch to a curve you may have the same problem with your number. Good luck, but the 8900 or tour might feel a little like a downgrade from the bold other then the camera. I had an 8900 as well as the bold and it was nice but I never went back to it after puting the SIM in my bold :P
    08-05-09 10:45 AM
    I wonder if they actually gave you a different bold each time or just replaced your sim card and said that they did.
    08-05-09 10:56 AM
    Okay, so the report is that I updated my Bold software and ATT "fixed" all of my routing information. People still get the beeping sound and/or a long delay when they call in. ATT said there is nothing left that they can do....is this really true? I don't want to have to cancel my service with them or lose the Bold, but no one can call me. If anyone else has any info before I head over to the Verizon store today, I would appreciate it. Thanks
    08-06-09 10:52 AM
    Okay, so the report is that I updated my Bold software and ATT "fixed" all of my routing information. People still get the beeping sound and/or a long delay when they call in. ATT said there is nothing left that they can do....is this really true? I don't want to have to cancel my service with them or lose the Bold, but no one can call me. If anyone else has any info before I head over to the Verizon store today, I would appreciate it. Thanks
    You can give me the Bold if it gives you so much grieves
    08-06-09 10:54 AM
    I am sad because I love the Bold...its ATT that's giving me the grief!
    08-06-09 11:02 AM
    if you still would like to keep your Bold and stay with ATT than why not insist that they create a new "account" in their system? It seems that this is clearly NOT a hardware (mobile device) problem and probably nothing wrong with their network either. If it were a network problem than others would be experiencing this problem. I think it's something in the way they setup your account and/or wireless phone number. I would insist that ATT setup a new account and wireless number.
    08-06-09 03:26 PM
    Has anyone with a different number with a SIM that works on AT&T tried to put their SIM in your phone.

There are only 2 things that have stayed the same in your case:

1. AT&T provisioned the number. There may be a computer error that is replicating itself from their main provisioning computer to each of your 3 SIM. Sounds impossible, but weirder things have happened. Get a friend that has AT&T whose service works perfectly and put their SIM in your phone. If it works...you are going to have a quick answer. Also, put your SIM in theirs and see if it replicates.

2. You have been using the same computer to connect your Bold to Desktop Manager. Its possible that your DM is corrupted and loading corrupt SW on your Bold.

Both seem a little unrealistic...try #1 first. There is no way that if they really replaced your phone 3 times with 3 different phones this would happen....

I use a Bold with AT&T in NYC...and its perfect...and my phone has been through the ringer more than most.
    Last edited by slite; 08-07-09 at 09:29 AM.
    08-06-09 03:37 PM
    Oh...and I know someone else already offered to take the Bold off your hands, but Ill throw my hat into the ring as well...
    08-06-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD