I have a question about my side buttons, as the title would indicate.

I currently have my left button bound to keyboard lock, and my right button bound to camera. I often use the video feature as well, but camera and keyboard lock take precedence. I also use the video feature to use it as a flashlight, as you can enable the light and it is very bright. My question is this: is there any way I can press the side button to open the camera, but hold it to open the video camera? Is there an app out there that I can't find? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 11:29 PM
    Press in hold A to lock the keyboard. That will free up a convenience key

08-05-09 11:42 PM
    The "A" button lock only works when Dial From Home Screen is turned ON. Check out this shortcut list that ST79 put together with help from others:

Blackberry Bold Keyboard Shortcuts

Chris
    08-06-09 12:09 AM
    Or you could always press the menu key to switch over to video camera mode.

One more extra step, I guess..
    08-06-09 12:14 AM
    The "A" button lock only works when Dial From Home Screen is turned ON.

Chris
    This is not true. It Works while on and off.
    08-06-09 03:06 AM
    Press in hold A to lock the keyboard. That will free up a convenience key

nice! i love learning new things about the bold. i just got it too so im excited with these lil shortcuts.
    08-06-09 03:10 AM
    Hmm, learn something new everyday.

Chris
    08-06-09 03:14 AM
    hmmmm my a button sends me to my address book. i have to use k to lock the keyboard.
    08-06-09 04:51 AM
    hmmmm my a button sends me to my address book. i have to use k to lock the keyboard.
    Push and HOLD the 'A' button to lock. Just a press of the 'A' button brings up your contacts.

Chris
    08-06-09 05:23 AM
    You guys have been incredibly helpful. I found out about holding A, but I've had my Bold since February, and a pearl for two years before that, and I'm very set in my ways now. It's going to be rough to break that habit. It's especially easy because that way I can lock it from anywhere on my phone. That's especially nice when I'm trying sneak it :P

But once again, thank you guys for all your help

08-06-09 08:07 AM
    Well Rolfyto, I believe this app will will do exactly what you asked in your first post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sho...leased-285189/
    08-06-09 11:05 AM
    This is EXACTLY what I needed! I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before. I dig all through the app store. Thank you so much!

08-07-09 08:25 AM
    This is EXACTLY what I needed! I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before. I dig all through the app store. Thank you so much!

Go with Quicklaunch...it's even better.....
    08-07-09 11:49 AM
    After trying shortcutme, I'm not sure I like it. Mostly because I have a hard time figuring it out. It's not very ***** friendly. I also find it very slow. I don't like that it opens shortcutme, and then the application you're opening. Most of the time it was a pretty noticeable and bothersome delay between shortcutme opening and the actual application opening.

What's stopping me from trying quick launch is that it's $5. Does it actually do what I'm looking for? After reading the description, it doesn't seem to mention that it can map multiple things to a convenience key. Most of the review appear to be a 5 though =P
    08-07-09 12:08 PM
    Quicklaunch is what I use and it will do what you want. I love it.

The only reason I referred you to shortcutme is because you specifically wanted multiple press convenience key options.

with quicklaunch, you would for example, press the convenience key, then the letter v for video camera, c for camera, etc.
    totally user customizable.

But you should also send an email or suggestion to shortcut me, maybe you're missing something or they can include your suggestions in the next upgrade.
    08-07-09 12:17 PM
    rolfyto, email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail and i'll send you a trial version of QuickLaunch
    08-07-09 12:48 PM
    It seems like shortcutme does what I'm looking for, just it isn't as high quality of a product as I would like, or I'd too dumb to figure it out I'm going to keep poking at it though.

I would love to try Quicklaunch though, I hear nothing but great things. I looked on the Crackberry App Store and saw mostly 5 star reviews. Email incoming, CheetahAce.

Again, thanks for all your help on such a fickle topic, guys I'm all about making things quicker and more convenient.
    08-07-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD