11-09-09 07:50 PM
28 12
tools
    I'm going to get one tomorrow from a guy at craigslist.

I have a tour and i was wondering like which pros and
    cons would be for the bold besides being big which is good.
    11-07-09 05:41 PM
    I think you'll find that the Bold is a very solid device as far as BBs go. However it does have its negatives too. For me the biggest negative is the browser. I'd really love to see major improvements to that. But for me and my use, I can kind of overlook it. I'd love to see an official OS update soon too. I think you'll find that most Bold owners are really satisfied with it. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 06:01 PM
    oh okay, well i dont really care about 3g
    i only want wifi, since most of the time im at my house

and i heard that the processor is kick ***
    11-07-09 06:03 PM
    I can't find any reason yet to retire my 9000. The size fits perfectly, I take good care of it, so it is still easy on the eye, I'm not bogging it down with lots of useless apps yet, so I haven't outgrown the internal memory...
    Recently, I learned something - When I upgraded to 5.0.0.314 and saw the tweaks in that build, I realized that the quality of the OS is more important to my needs now, rather than getting a different berry. There will be some major changes in the browser coming up, and as long as RIM keeps us 9000 users supplied, I can wait 'til there's a more substantial "upgrade" to the 9000.
    11-07-09 06:20 PM
    Love my 9000. Best phone I ever had. I added Bolt browser for some sites where the mative browser does not work well. I look forward to a long time together with the device.

11-07-09 06:21 PM
    oh okay, well i dont really care about 3g
    i only want wifi, since most of the time im at my house

and i heard that the processor is kick ***
    You should care about 3G because EDGE doesn't cut it as far as speed goes. 3G is one of the biggest pros of the Bold. Unless your in your house 99.999999% of your time you should care about 3G. It is a MOBILE phone and the 3G network it's on is very important.
    11-07-09 06:21 PM
    The bold itself is awesome, no negatives that I can think of performance wise.
    Keep in mind that the bezel can scratch as it is not metal but silver paint so consider some protection.

Depending on where you live, good luck making calls on Att's network.

3g sux for calls. Call failed call failed call failed. Ugggggh. Lol

11-07-09 06:23 PM
    Well i have t-mobile

and data plans can be expensive and i know blackberries are suppose to have a data plan to be a true blackberry, but im just looking for the benefits of the phone.....
    11-07-09 06:27 PM
    If Wi-Fi is your only real need, then the Bold will handle what you want it to do.

Just be careful in case your Wi-Fi goes down and you accidentally pick up your carrier's data signal. I know some folks have been burned with extra data charges thinking they'd be okay on Wi-Fi but somehow the signal dropped and they picked up their carrier's signal.
    11-07-09 06:42 PM
    If Wi-Fi is your only real need, then the Bold will handle what you want it to do.

Just be careful in case your Wi-Fi goes down and you accidentally pick up your carrier's data signal. I know some folks have been burned with extra data charges thinking they'd be okay on Wi-Fi but somehow the signal dropped and they picked up their carrier's signal.
    well i dont have a data plan, so ill be fine lol
    11-07-09 06:44 PM
    well i dont have a data plan, so ill be fine lol
    Um...I think you missed what I was trying to say (or misinterpreted what I meant). As long as you're sure you won't lose the Wi-Fi signal, having no data plan will be okay. BUT, if you somehow step outside of the Wi-Fi signal and you just happen to be browsing the net with your BB, your carrier MIGHT ding you for data because your BB may start to search for a signal (which just happens to be that of your carrier's data signal that costs money).
    11-07-09 07:19 PM
    This phone has cons? :P
    11-07-09 07:25 PM
    The biggest pro for me is that the keyboatd is so nice to type on$ fits perfectly in my hand. One con is that the back cover is a bit lose

Nothing more I can think of

Overall its a great phone and I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as I do

11-07-09 07:31 PM
    Ull never regret ur decision to get bold...what infact will u regret is why did u not get it earlier
    11-07-09 08:17 PM
    Well i have t-mobile

and data plans can be expensive and i know blackberries are suppose to have a data plan to be a true blackberry, but im just looking for the benefits of the phone.....
    Blackberries aren't for you.
    11-07-09 08:40 PM
    i know im going to get alot of hate here...but if you're only using wifi the iphone is the way to go. the wifi is way easier to use and it automatically connects to any wifi connection around you. which the bold cant do, u have to set up the connection and save it in your phone (not a big deal, but it gets annoying if u dont have 3g)

to me, blackberrys are kind of lame without 3g, thats mostly why i love my bold. and u cant access any of the applications and what not..pretty much only the browser. with an iphone u can still access applications with wifi
    11-07-09 08:41 PM
    Biggest con of a Blackberry is one without a data plan
    11-07-09 08:42 PM
    but im just looking for the benefits of the phone.....
    I suggest you get a Motorola Razar if you're only interested in a phone.
    11-07-09 08:44 PM
    A very solid BB indeed. I've had mine since day one last Nov and am still in love with it! I have not had any major problem with it. It dumbfounds me why subsequent BB's are not as solid as the Bold! Go figure.
    11-07-09 08:51 PM
    the more i think about this the more i think you should get an iphone...seriously. it offers way more capabilities using only wifi than the blackberry.
    11-07-09 09:02 PM
    the more i think about this the more i think you should get an iphone...seriously. it offers way more capabilities using only wifi than the blackberry.
    Exactly! There's so much more u can do on an iPhone via wifi than on a Blackberry. It amazes me how many out there are ignorant to the fact that a Blackberry without a data plan is virtually useless. How many threads do we have of people with a BB without a data plan and come here crying that they have problems using programs and apps because of the devices limited functionality on wifi?
    11-07-09 09:25 PM
    Exactly! There's so much more u can do on an iPhone via wifi than on a Blackberry. It amazes me how many out there are ignorant to the fact that a Blackberry without a data plan is virtually useless. How many threads do we have of people with a BB without a data plan and come here crying that they have problems using programs and apps because of the devices limited functionality on wifi?
    i know. i love my bold and its the best phone there is in my opinion..but its a piece of crap (a nice looking piece of crap) without a data plan

GET AN IPHONE
    its clearly the best phone for people who don't have data plans

also, if you have the money to spare you should consider a data plan. its pretty useful and makes the blackberry what it is. but if its too expensive you should trade your bold for an iphone on craigslist or something. thats just my opinion though
    11-07-09 10:01 PM
    Pros:
    Terrific Screen
    Love the email.
    Great speaker on this phone than any other phone that I've had.
    Keyboard size is great for my big hands
    Love the Mods that you can do. Great looking phone to begin with and change it to make it look better easily=SECHS
    Yeah can add your own memory card for dollars less than buying appropriate sized Iphone.
    Changeable themes.
    Multitasking.
    BBM

Cons:
    Battery door gets loose/squeeky. Business cards on battery helps.
    Mute/Standby button sometimes acts up.
    Battery pulls, why should it be even necessary.
    Camera could use some love.
    Wish you got one sooner.
    11-08-09 02:20 AM
    Good luck getting that point across without being flamed. I brought up that point in a thread a couple of months ago and I was grilled for recommending an iPhone for someone in a similar situation.

What I've realized is that people's mentality is "It's my phone, I paid for it, I can do what I want with it." So there's not much you can do to convince them otherwise. They will find ways to justify their purchase that is out of your control.

Dunno about all of you, but there's no way that I'm going to turn off the Mobile Network then turn on Data Services and WiFi EVERY time I want to browse to avoid data charges (or you could have a data block if you are hardcore). Then there are apps that don't work without data plan, your e-mail sucks. In essence, you'll be finding workarounds the entire time you're using it.

That said, I still recommend the iPhone if you aren't totally against touchscreens. There isn't really any workaround needed to get things working smoothly with no data plan vs BlackBerry where everything needs a workaround.

i know. i love my bold and its the best phone there is in my opinion..but its a piece of crap (a nice looking piece of crap) without a data plan

GET AN IPHONE
    its clearly the best phone for people who don't have data plans

also, if you have the money to spare you should consider a data plan. its pretty useful and makes the blackberry what it is. but if its too expensive you should trade your bold for an iphone on craigslist or something. thats just my opinion though
    11-08-09 03:49 AM
    ^^ definately. i've had both and i like my BB way better. but at one point i couldnt have a data plan and it was horrible, much worse than when i had an iphone without a data plan. the iphone is much better for the situation this person is in

bottom line is,

iPhone without Data plan: good smart phone (can set up e-mail, use/download applications, browse the internet, google maps etc...)

Blackberry without Data plan: cell phone (you will rarely ever use wifi because its obnoxious)
    11-08-09 01:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD