I needed to do some work on my BB, now it seems that all emails (4 accounts) are going into messages folder instead of the correct folder for each address. I hid the messages icon, but I don't know that will stop issue. Is there a setting I am neglecting to change?

Thank you.
    08-02-09 11:01 AM
    do you have the email/sms inboxes separated?
    08-02-09 11:10 AM
    do you have the email/sms inboxes separated?
    Apparently he has a folder for each email address , not 1 single message folder.

I am confused. If you have an application like the Gmail app your emails will end up in there. I have never seen all of the emails going to different places if you are using the normal blackberry push.
    08-02-09 11:14 AM
    when you integrate email accts on a bb sep folders do show up on home screen. all messages go to the 'messages' folder and there is no getting around that it is a default folder. if you separate your folders under messages icon>menu key>options>general options>email/sms inbox>change option to separate then you can hide the messages folder because it then puts a separate folder for each individual email and another folder for sms/mms.
    08-02-09 11:37 AM
    The best you can do is to separate sms/mms messages from emails and have separate mailboxes for those.

All the emails will always collect under messages as well as being under their own email account icons. Messages is just a display all folder for all the messages on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 12:41 PM
    when you integrate email accts on a bb sep folders do show up on home screen. all messages go to the 'messages' folder and there is no getting around that it is a default folder. if you separate your folders under messages icon>menu key>options>general options>email/sms inbox>change option to separate then you can hide the messages folder because it then puts a separate folder for each individual email and another folder for sms/mms.
    Thank you. I consider myself pretty good with these machines, but that was a setting I never set eyes on. Thank you very much, crackberry is just such a great resource for issues, AT&T never would have known had I called them.
    08-02-09 12:55 PM
    watch it!!! i am AT&T! i work data support, but please do not confuse me with tech support tho thank you lol. i am bb certified
    08-02-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD