08-10-09 02:18 PM
75 123
tools
    Crazy my gf would love this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 04:01 PM
    this is absolute geniusss .. and i want to do this but minus the lens part cus im accident prone and peanut butter prob wont work for me in addition to my lack of patience, i just dont want a broken bb .. is the phone fully functional otherwise?? oh man pink trackball and keypadd would be sick..but i think the pink w/ black looks amazing..although pink w/ white would too
    06-01-09 07:01 PM
    this is absolute geniusss .. and i want to do this but minus the lens part cus im accident prone and peanut butter prob wont work for me in addition to my lack of patience, i just dont want a broken bb .. is the phone fully functional otherwise?? oh man pink trackball and keypadd would be sick..but i think the pink w/ black looks amazing..although pink w/ white would too
    Everything works just fine and another ebay seller has the same housings for only 35.99 including shipping today only, but he is in hong kong so it will probably take a little longer to get. I am ordering a green housing and a blue one as well so I can mix and match.
    06-01-09 08:03 PM
    I like the pink and black together Although it would rock even more w/a pink keyboard. Someone get on that PDQ! LOL )
    06-01-09 08:10 PM
    did you know if the case came with the speaker mesh
    06-01-09 09:09 PM
    I love the pink!!! Makes me want to go ahead and buy a bold!!! Congrats on your bold!!!!

06-01-09 09:40 PM
    Wow thats very nice, you make me want to put one like that togetter for my gf
    06-01-09 09:54 PM
    That looks fantastic! Nice job .
    06-01-09 10:53 PM
    Okay, so I ordered a full pink housing from here. I received it yesterday and I couldn't wait for hubby to get home from work. I am one of those people that if you tell me I can't do something, it just makes me want to do that something even more ( I know, that is not always a great quality because there have been many times I failed!LOL!) Nevertheless, I knew changing the actual housing would be a piece of cake, it was the lens we were skeptical about. After researching crackberry and other sites it was determined that we could seriously ruin my lcd if we attempted to change the lens----but I REALLY wanted the lens to be pink. I know, I am spoiled. Plus I think my husband can do everything and I figured worse case scenario is I have to get a new lcd. So hubby carefully removed the original lens, it took at least 15 minutes to get it off, he didn't just yank it off.LOL! After successfully removing the lens there was a ton of glue residue left behind which we knew we needed to remove to apply the new lens. So off to the internet to search for a remedy for removing glue residue. Solution? Peanut Butter! Yep, we applied peanut butter to lcd with a q-tip and it worked perfectly. We did have to allow it to sit for a little while and we actually used two applications of peanut butter, but it removed all the gunk. SUCCESS! So after this was done, we put on the new lens and reassembled the phone. You would think I would be elated, right?

Well, after turning on the phone there was black spots---OH NO!! Two very tiny ones in the dead center of the screen and a small blob about the size of a pencil eraser in the lower right corner. I was mortified and thinking I should have listened to the experienced crackberry posters who warned me. In hindsight, I would not have applied any pressure at all to the lcd while cleaning off the gunk because I think this is what caused the spots. So, I found a pixel fixer (sorry best way I know to describe it) on you tube and ran it on my phone for a while last night. I woke up this morning and guess what?! No black spots in the center anymore and the blob on the lower right corner was almost gone. So I am hoping it will go away completely, if not I will be getting a new lcd. I can say though that it is not annoying enough that I will be replacing the lcd anytime soon if I do have to end up replacing it. UPDATE- All spots cleared up so no need to purchase a new lcd!YAY!!

In conclusion, I would not recommend replacing the lens. If you can live with the black lens and just change the rest of the housing then that is what I would do. However, if you are like me and want what you want when you want it, then it is POSSIBLE to change the lens. I just seriously would not recommend it!LOL! I was lucky, VERY LUCKY! There may be some experienced techs out there who can do it for you, but the price they would charge to do it would probably be a deal breaker when you consider the cost of the housing. So again, we did what everyone said was impossible by replacing the lens with a lot of patience, research, praying, and peanut butter. Was it worth it? My honest answer is..........ABSOLUTELY!! My blackberry bold is now officially---PINKILICIOUS.

*Now here are some pics, sorry for the looonng post, but hey, I don't post often so when I do I am making up for lost time.

Pic of lcd screen sans the lens

Side view pic of my new pinkilicious baby!

Pinkiliciousness at its finest!

I am pinkilicious...hear me roar!

Pic of custom vinyl applique and back of phone (I custom design and make all of my cell phone appliques and yes I sell them if interested, send me a pm)

Thanks for humoring me and thanks for everyone on this forum, my berry and I would be lost without you guys!

*Theme is the boldhearted theme by Nancy Drew*

Also, the quality of the paint job on this housing is flawless! The housing itself is lightweight and obviously the original housing seems to be of better quality, but for the price and color, it is all in all a good housing and I will keep a clear hardcase cover over the phone most of the time anyway and of course, a lens protector Overall, I wouldn't call it cheap, but not top of the line either, but it is certainly an acceptable replacement if you need color in your life.

OHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

*dribbles*
    06-03-09 01:39 PM
    very very brave of you and different i must commend you. Looks nice. Anything but another fully blacked out bold
    06-03-09 02:33 PM
    Don't show this to my wife... lol
    06-03-09 05:10 PM
    I would never in a million years do this to my phone....but I commend you for following your dream. Love the passion.
    06-03-09 05:44 PM
    Wow, that looks really great! Perfect job on the lens! I don't think I would risk doing that, lol.

Chris
    06-04-09 12:13 AM
    Looking very sweet ... Great job!
    06-04-09 06:51 AM
    Nice berry! Peanutbutter is great for getting gum out of hjair too.

06-04-09 07:17 AM
    Please tell me where u found the "pixel fixer" on you tube
    06-05-09 10:35 PM
    Looks great. I'm suffering from "curve envy".

06-05-09 11:28 PM
    Very unique, great job, nice to see other Bold owners using more unique colors to customize their BB

06-06-09 12:09 AM
    Very nice. Couple suggestions... I think if you went with a plain black bottom plate, by the spacebar,it would lessen the contrast of the pink and the black keyboard. You could add some sort of pink vinyl deisign to it. It would be less pink but would look much better, IMO.
    Next, do not try to paint the keyboard. I dropped my Bold and knocked the plastic off the bump on my "D". No paint stuck to it, no plastic paint, epoxy, nothing stuck after the 1st couple times I touched it. You might try to find some sort of lens gel to place over the internal LED to make your backlight pink, thus making the keyboard letters illuminate pink.

06-06-09 04:49 PM
    To OP:
    Have you seen TRUESUPPLIER.com's latest offerings of WHITE and RED Keypads for the BOLD? They are also available on E-Bay. I just ordered a WHITE Keypad for my RED, WHITE & BLUE customized BOLD.RED or WHITE would look better on your Pinkilicious BOLD. You might even ask if they plan to offer a PINK Keypad.
    06-25-09 01:27 PM
    Nice job!! The pink trackball will add a great touch.
    06-25-09 03:09 PM
    Awesome mod to your Bold,You just might convince my wife to get her one and mod it like yours,also nice touch to have your husband to help you(Does he have a Bold as well?),that's a sign of a well trained spouse(joking lol)
    06-25-09 03:30 PM
    good job!!
    06-25-09 03:34 PM
    Girrrrrl you crazy!

Looks great and I dont see any issues at with pink and black, very nice!

From your description, I am settling with the fact that I will have to have a black lens forever, but I admire your determination though.
    06-25-09 03:53 PM
    That actually looks sick, I would get a different color since pink isn't for me. Your bolds killin it!

06-25-09 06:41 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD