I have an indicator telling me I have 4 voicemails. I even got a popup message saying I have a missed call and 4 voicemails. When I check my voicemail it says I have none.

How do I clear that indicator out so I don't have to see that message?

PS - Is there a way to get VVM working on AT&T? I have it on the phone but it says Provisioning is unsuccessful.
    07-31-09 04:27 PM
    Try doing a hard reset that might get rid of the indicator.....as for VVM I don't think ATT wants it for their phones. There has been other post on this before

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:45 PM
    Yeah.. I tried that, reset, battery pull, quickpull, nothin... I can't seem to get rid of the phantom voicemails
    07-31-09 06:34 PM
    I believe the solution is to call yourself, leave a message, then delete it.

VVM is not available on AT&T yet. It is best to remove it. If you want to know how, let us know.
    07-31-09 06:47 PM
    I believe the solution is to call yourself, leave a message, then delete it.

VVM is not available on AT&T yet. It is best to remove it. If you want to know how, let us know.
    YES! Thank you! That worked perfectly! Can I delete the VVM app from Desktop Manager?

EDIT: Just found out that you CANNOT just delete the VVM app.
    Last edited by obsidian6; 07-31-09 at 07:45 PM.
    07-31-09 06:56 PM
    This is how I deleted vvm. credit to skyjackal

unplug BB

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    07-31-09 09:37 PM
    Carrier: AT&T aka Call Failed
    awesome...
    07-31-09 09:42 PM
    lol don't remind me....thank goodness for OS .282
    07-31-09 09:46 PM
    I know this isn't exactly on topic (or maybe it is), but doesn't the iPhone have visual voicemail?

And can't you use YouMail to get VVM with your Bold?

AFAIK, it is possible, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    07-31-09 09:52 PM
    I know this isn't exactly on topic (or maybe it is), but doesn't the iPhone have visual voicemail?

And can't you use YouMail to get VVM with your Bold?

AFAIK, it is possible, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes the iPhone absolutely has VVM, it's one of the big features (and I Love it!!)
    I would love to have a working Native solution from AT&T to use VVM, It's obviously not hardware limited. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I just used google voice all the time. but I don't.

I tried youmail in the past when I had a bold previously, I really did not like it at all. Unless they've changed it dramatically, i predict I still will not like it.
    08-01-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD