Hey, guys

Thanks for all of your help so far, getting me ready to sell my BOLD. Following your guidance, I have "wiped" the device, plus called AT&T to release the PIN and unlock the phone. Now that all of this is done, I thought of one more question:

When I bought the BOLD, I purchased and inserted a 4GB micro SD HC for extra memory. When I sell the phone to someone, is it safe to give them this card as well...or will there be some sort of personal info stored on there about me or my account?

Alternatively, should I simply keep the 4GB card and put it into my new TOUR? Can that be done, and is there anything complicated about doing it?

Thanks for all the help, everyone!
    08-07-09 10:00 AM
    If the tour uses micro sd hc cards then it should not be a problem at all. Just plug it in, format, and go have fun.

You can format the card and all the info on it will be erased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 10:11 AM
    Keep it, the buyer needs to buy their own card and load it with their own pics and music.

It will work with the Tour.
    No it's not complicated. push the media card in and it should pop out a little, then you may need tweezers to pull it out unless you can grab it with your nails
    08-07-09 10:12 AM
    Keep it, the buyer needs to buy their own card and load it with their own pics and music.

It will work with the Tour.
    No it's not complicated. push the media card in and it should pop out a little, then you may need tweezers to pull it out unless you can grab it with your nails
    OK - I got the micro SD HC out of the Bold. I never had any music stored on there, and only a couple of pictures. Is it really worth trying to figure out how to install it on the TOUR? I guess it would give me 4GB instead of the 2GB which comes standard on the TOUR. You think it's worth it?
    Last edited by krammar; 08-07-09 at 10:22 AM.
    08-07-09 10:18 AM
    If the tour uses micro sd hc cards then it should not be a problem at all. Just plug it in, format, and go have fun.

You can format the card and all the info on it will be erased.

The TOUR appears to have a micro SD in it already installed. You think I should yank that outta there and put in the 4GB micro SD HC from my BOLD? As for formatting, will I simply be promoted to do that, or do I need to know how to do it?
    08-07-09 10:20 AM
    You should definately keep it. All you have to do is click one option and it is ready to be used on the tour. Do what was said above.. Just put the sd card in the tour and format it and your ready to go.

08-07-09 10:21 AM
    Yes it is worth it. Keep your 4 gig.
    You should not have to figure out how to install it on the Tour. It will be just as easy as the one you just took out.
    Last edited by Teek; 08-07-09 at 10:36 AM.
    08-07-09 10:23 AM
    I think I just did it. I removed the 2GB card that came stock with the TOUR, and I inserted the 4GB card from my BOLD. Sure enough, all my old pictures are now on the TOUR. Strange thing is that I didn't need to format it or anything. I simply slid the card in and was ready to go. Am I missing something?
    08-07-09 10:33 AM
    Those that told you to format are wrong. That would have wiped the card clean of any content. You did it right if you wanted to keep the content... There is no reason to format a card from one BB to another (unless you have a crappy card that won't work after the exchange).
    08-07-09 10:56 AM
    Those that told you to format are wrong. That would have wiped the card clean of any content. You did it right if you wanted to keep the content... There is no reason to format a card from one BB to another (unless you have a crappy card that won't work after the exchange).
    Thanks. I think the previous poster mentioned formatting in case I DID want to clear the content. In any case, this thread helped me a lot. I put the card into my new phone, I'm up and running, and nothing crashed or got lost. Plus, I feel more sure about selling the BOLD without any of my personal stuff going with it. This forum is terrific- really helpful and really fast with intelligent answers. I really appreciate it!
    08-07-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD