Hello folks. I have been a proud owner of the storm since about March. I think it is a decent phone but I want to get rid of it because I want a full keyboard pad and not a touch screen. I have been looking at the Tour, 8830, and the Bold. The Bold caught my attention. A couple people that I have talked to say its a wonderful phone. The only problem is I have Verizon, and from what I have seen they do not carry it. I was wondering if it is still possible for me to get the Bold and if I can, what is the process to get it. Im not sure if I put the post in the right spot so forgive me lol this is the first time that I have actually posted on Crackberry. Your responses would be very helpful.
    08-03-09 06:03 PM
    Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, the Bold isn't available for Verizon as AT&T uses GSM (SIM Cards) and Verizon uses CDMA.
    08-03-09 06:08 PM
    Hello folks. I have been a proud owner of the storm since about March. I think it is a decent phone but I want to get rid of it because I want a full keyboard pad and not a touch screen. I have been looking at the Tour, 8830, and the Bold. The Bold caught my attention. A couple people that I have talked to say its a wonderful phone. The only problem is I have Verizon, and from what I have seen they do not carry it. I was wondering if it is still possible for me to get the Bold and if I can, what is the process to get it. Im not sure if I put the post in the right spot so forgive me lol this is the first time that I have actually posted on Crackberry. Your responses would be very helpful.

Sorry the BOLD, as of now is only on GSM. The system VZ runs on is CDMA/EV-DO.
    08-03-09 06:08 PM
    Do you know when Verizon is coming out with it or is that still up in the air?
    08-03-09 06:15 PM
    it uses gsm whereas your carrier uses CDMA so they won't be compatible. The only way you will be able to use the bold is if you switch to a gsm carrier. but ppl on verizon tend to lean towards the Tour
    08-03-09 06:19 PM
    Do you know when Verizon is coming out with it or is that still up in the air?

As usual, who knows. Keep an eye on BOY GENIUS REPORT, or CRACKBERRY.COM
    08-03-09 06:19 PM
    Ok thanks guys for everything. Which phone would suggest. The Tour or the 8830?
    08-03-09 06:26 PM
    definitely the Tour because it's quite similar to the bold only slimmer and lacking wifi
    08-03-09 06:29 PM
    definitely the Tour because it's quite similar to the bold only slimmer and lacking wifi
    Or check out the BLACKBERRY SITE and compare various phone SPECS................
    08-03-09 06:34 PM
    Bold is only available for use in the US with GSM carriers (no other US carriers):
    ATT: 3G
    TM: EDGE
    that's it!
    08-03-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD