I've had a Curve for 2 years, and will be receiving my Bold on Wednesday. I have a few questions about accessories.

1) Does the Bold come with a belt holster, or the little pleather envelope thing the Curve came with?

2) What is a good screen protector to buy? I've found 3 or 4 on Amazon, each one with terrible reviews about how they muddy up the clarity or are difficult to stick on. Is the screen as prone to scratches as people said?

Any tips are appreciated.
    08-10-09 07:14 PM
    The Bold comes with a leather holster and its pretty good quality. For screen protectors I use clarivue. They are 2 for 10 dollars and their shipped free. I have the antiglare and by far this is the best value for your money. Clarivue Screen Protectors

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 07:24 PM
    I've had a Curve for 2 years, and will be receiving my Bold on Wednesday. I have a few questions about accessories.

1) Does the Bold come with a belt holster, or the little pleather envelope thing the Curve came with?

Yes, and you will be able to set different ringtone options when using the holster.

2) What is a good screen protector to buy? I've found 3 or 4 on Amazon, each one with terrible reviews about how they muddy up the clarity or are difficult to stick on. Is the screen as prone to scratches as people said?

Any tips are appreciated.
    I got a packet of Write-Right protectors @ Sams phone kiosk for about $14. It has 10 sheets that can be trimmed to ab out 20 screens.Each screen lasts me about 2 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by AJ_Franklin; 08-10-09 at 07:42 PM.
    08-10-09 07:35 PM
    The bold comes with a basic holster...It's not leather (koskin I think). Though you can buy the leather one from amazon.com for cheap. And the official store sells an exclusive "premium" leather one.

As for screen protectors, you cannot beat invisible shield or BSE... Yes they are a pain to put on but last incredibly long and are super protective from scratches.

And yes, the screen will get scratches no matter how much you take care of it. Even from carefully sitting inside your jean etc... or cleaning using a cloth.

It's really a scratch magnet so you should definitely get a screen protector. You can get cheap, easy install ones that don't last as long or pay a bit more to get one that require time and patience but last really long and give great protection.

My invisible shield protector has saved the screen numerous times I accidentally put my keys in the pocket where the berry is.

But once again, the holster that comes with the device isn'st leather. It's a cheap basic one. You can check the official store, there are 3 different holsters you can buy. (basic, leather, and exclusive premium leather).
    08-10-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD